Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So having played 7/8 stories...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So having played 7/8 stories...

Crimsonorion
09.22.2012 , 04:51 PM | #1
I gottta say Jedi Knight was still the best in my personal opinion. Sith Inquis being 2nd. The reason being the Jedi Knight story just seemed so..involved. Its hard to explain. I mean the relations with your companions in the Jedi Knight story was amazing. Practically everyone had a "role" to play. And I liked how during Corellia...

Spoiler

Don't get me wrong, all the stories were great. And please don't take this as a "Jedi Fanboy" post cause if I was one I wouldn't of played Agent, Trooper, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler.

Now I have heard that the entire Jedi Knight "Story" was the plot from the Cancelled KOTOR 3 so maybe thats why it seems like it was so much more then the other stories.

Oh and the worst story imo. Agent. Story was great but didn't make sense in some spots....

Spoiler

And I didn't find myself relating to my companions in any regard...
Spoiler

To me the purpose of a "crew" was to have some NPC's that you formed a close bond with as you played thru the story, and with Agent I didn't feel any of that. Jedi Knight was totally different...

Spoiler

Just my thoughts and "personal" opinion

Temeluchus
09.22.2012 , 09:21 PM | #2
I was the complete opposite of you. My favorite stories where the IA and SW; while the JK was good, I can only handle so much of a Mary Sue/Chosen One at a time and the SI story was...disappointing.

I agree with you that the IA's companions felt off and are probably my least favorite of all the companions. The IA story made a lot of sense actually:

Spoiler
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

EGNbusa
09.22.2012 , 09:55 PM | #3
I didnt like the SI story, i have a 50 assassin and i thought the story was blah, but the difficulty of it was at least up there, i rolled through the Sith Warrior class story like it was on easy mode, and i need to do the Jedi Knight, because ive heard nothing but ggod about it, i have a 22 Sentinel

Ardim
09.22.2012 , 10:30 PM | #4
I've played every single storyline and I've pretty much seen everything except for Consular (I refuse to play one because their outfits are simply too horrid for me to bear).

I personally thought Agent was the best. You see things from a unique perspective, your decisions impact the ending, and you really feel like a spy. Almost nothing beats that James Bond feeling. Granted, the companions don't really suit you though (I, personally however, didn't mind that).

Warrior comes in second for me. Storyline was an absolute blast and the villain was simply the best in my opinion (He's there from beginning to end and not to mention he's incredibly interesting). Oh, and the funny moments. Warrior had tons of funny moments, though I'm sure the Smuggler has more.
Through Passion, We gain Strength!
Darth Chroan The Empire's Wrath
Vengeance for Marr and the Empire!

chuixupu
09.23.2012 , 12:07 AM | #5
IA is by far my favorite story that I've played so it's hard for me to to put myself in your shoes for the rest of it...I haven't played the Knight yet.

I think perhaps it's a personality issue in story preferences. Agent is a rather dark story and you generally feel a distinct lack of control and distrust of everyone and everything and is ever downward-spiraling into chaos. It's typical of spy fiction, and you may or may not like that kind of thing. It's certainly not the hero's story that I imagine the Knight's tale is. The Inquisitor is also about starting from lowly beginnings and rising to the top. For some, that's the an ideal story to play through. For others, it's may be predictable and bland.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

AshlaBoga
09.23.2012 , 12:08 AM | #6
I've only finished the SI and SW. I'm currently working on the JK, BH and IA.

What should I work on after that A) Trooper or B) Smuggler???
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Ranadiel_Marius
09.23.2012 , 05:52 AM | #7
Having played 8/8 class stories, I have to disagree with you. I found Imperial Agent is one of the better stories. And I have no idea of how you can rank the Sith Inquisitor above....well anything. My personal (quality) rankings are something like this:

1. Imperial Agent
2. Sith Warrior
3. Jedi Knight
4. Smuggler
5. Trooper
6. Bounty Hunter
7. Jedi Consular
208. Sith Inquisitor
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Mutive
09.23.2012 , 07:16 AM | #8
I haven't played through all (only finished everything for sW and IA, although I've gotten through ch. 2 for trooper, counselor, and knight and have played a bit of BH and SM.)

Like you, I really like JK. It would not surprise me in the least if it was the plot for KOTOR 3. And even if it's not, it certainly is the "typical" Star Wars plot. It is the story that the game is based around. And, yeah, it's truly epic and has some great characters.

OTOH, I still like agent better. I think that it's because, in large part, it's an inversion of everything Star Wars is. It asks the question, "What would an ordinary person's life be like in a world where there are these feuding demi-gods wandering around?" (Answer - pretty terrible.)

Spoiler

DaWaffle
09.23.2012 , 07:33 AM | #9
I found the JK a bit boring, TBH. Too much saving random masses. Not personal enough to really get me invested for most of it.

stuffystuffs
09.23.2012 , 11:13 AM | #10
IMO, from what I've played:

IA > SW > JC = JK > SI

I also think that the IA has the best set of companions (as in, most interesting). I did really like some of the JK companions, but with the others I was kinda 'meh' about them.