Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Superpasta
09.20.2012 , 08:13 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
Optional transfers makes the population situation even worse for those people who want to stick around. Look what happened to the origin servers after they first opened transfers.
If you choose to stay, I choose to move, then why I have to be forced to stay for your population sake? People who choose to move back to US has prepared to suffer the higher ping if they are form Aus. For those who choose to stay, less population is the cost you should prepare to suffer. Every choice has its consequence.

In fact, I don't believe the 3 servers merge will save the APAC servers, even if we had 3 servers into 1, sooner or later, the only 1 mega APAC server would stay in light population anyway or then close. F2P will pump the subs up? Which F2P MMO succeeds to offer a health populate APAC server?

Jarlgon
09.20.2012 , 08:30 PM | #62
this is a hot issue and nowhere in the guildlines for this forum does it say that /signed /agreed or /+1 cannot be used to support a topic. There are plenty of threads with these in them that the mods haven't touched.

ChuangTzu
09.20.2012 , 09:12 PM | #63
Although I a happy with the population lvls on Dalborra right now, I still agree that this needs to be addressed as there are clearly many people who are greatly concerned about this.

And I would also like to add a +1 for the objections to the nature of the CS post in this thread.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

DropbearSW
09.20.2012 , 09:47 PM | #64
guildwars is starting to look a lot more attractive...

thank you bioware for appreciating the 9 months of subs I've put in by not even deeming it necessary to comment properly on the thread.
Master Dar'Nala
Talon (50 Sorc), Psi-Ko (50 Mara), Mash (50 Op)
<BOSS>

Markanos
09.21.2012 , 12:32 AM | #65
This is disgusting service. EA/BW deserve everything thats coming to them in regards to the diminishing player base.

Penang
09.21.2012 , 01:09 AM | #66
My sub ends in 2 - 3 weeks. I was thinking of getting another 60 days but after that response, well I guess I'll be saying goodbye to swtor.
Rhalkirr - Dalborra - Vanguard
Ar'kael - Dalborra - Scoundrel Healer
A Little Bit Gimp

MOPSFounder
09.21.2012 , 01:12 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Penang View Post
My sub ends in 2 - 3 weeks. I was thinking of getting another 60 days but after that response, well I guess I'll be saying goodbye to swtor.
Good job!

The more people respond to EAWare because of that ignorant post, the more inclined they will be to do something about this issue! I think I'll end up doing the same as you.

Sith-Raistlin
09.21.2012 , 01:26 AM | #68
They dont seem to care about us at all.

Just take a look at how the servers were down for 9+ hours during our prime playing hours for the merger and we didnt even get a single thing out of it.

Not to mention we didnt get 12 slots........
Dark Side

Raistlin - Guildmaster

MatlockW
09.21.2012 , 01:27 AM | #69
/signed It seems quite clear that EA/BW is regretting opening the Asia-Pacific servers. By letting the populations dwindle down, it seems they will have justification for closing the servers down. I've been a subscriber since the game dropped. I put up with 700+ms latency times on EU servers just so I could play the game. When the AP servers opened, EA/BW told me that I wouldn't be offered a free transfer because my country (I live in Thailand) wasn't a country where the game was "officially released". Due to this "problem", they more or less told me my options were re-roll new characters or stop playing the game. Now, I'm no genius, but I can't imagine this being used as a business administration textbook example of "good customer service practices".

EA/BW has, more or less, trapped us into "going down with the ship". I sat there, helplessly, as my original EU server died a slow death. Instead of making it up to me by giving me a free transfer, EA/BW decided to go the "tough ****" route. Now I'm sitting on the AP PVP server watching the same series of events happen again. Without a server merge, it's just a matter of time before all the AP servers go under. It seems to me that EA/BW would be more than happy to watch the AP and EU servers die off as I highly doubt they're profitable to the company. The only place this game is making any money is in the US, so why should they bother to treat their current EU/AP customers well?

Needless to say that if there isn't a server merge coming in a timely manner, this will be my last three month subscription. At the moment, I'm kind of regretting having purchased my current subscription.

Superpasta
09.21.2012 , 02:49 AM | #70
I suspect that Bioware might have signed contract with service provider for these 3 servers for running within certain period, while they thought SWTOR would had e a huge demand with enough ppl to fill up at least 3 servers for years.

Although now is clearly not the case, they have to stuck with 3 servers at the min.. Whether they keep the servers or not, rental payment must continue. Hence, Bioware is hopeless on this issue as well as like us. LOL.

(My guessing)