Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karasuko
10.15.2012 , 11:15 PM | #581
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
I'm hearing different stories from players in my guild. One is reporting server populations of 250+ during off peak hours (and that is more than double Dalborra's PEAK period) and ping fluctuates between 200-250 without a proxy... Of course this referring to the mega servers....

Yea as in they need to transfer literally out entire accounts over if they are going to default on the promise of keeping the APAC servers well and alive
Not to be rude, but where did they promise to keep our servers healthy?
And even a transfer of all my toons over to a US server won't honestly help matters alot.
I've actually been doing alot of thinking recently, and with me nearing the end of the story pillar (4 pubs to max, and with 4 imps about halfway) I really can't see a massive drawcard anymore aside from the IP.

I play to end game pve, and while the fights are nice there just isn't the...... Longevity that I've grown accustomed too.Don't take that the wrong way, the fights are really fun the first few times, but after kill 4+ they lose alot of the luster.

PurpleCliff
10.15.2012 , 11:53 PM | #582
Just want to throw my two cents in the mix once more: I would NOT be okay with us all being transferred to US servers. I would prefer to cope with these population issues and reap the benefits of a local server.

Blitz-wing
10.16.2012 , 12:03 AM | #583
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Not to be rude, but where did they promise to keep our servers healthy?
Here is where i see a promise to keep servers healthy, a reply from a CSR:
Quote:
we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience, regardless of which server they play on. As such server population balance and composition is something which we are constantly monitoring.

Froippi
10.16.2012 , 01:07 PM | #584
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
Just want to throw my two cents in the mix once more: I would NOT be okay with us all being transferred to US servers. I would prefer to cope with these population issues and reap the benefits of a local server.
yet no other mmo besides swtor i can think of have oceanic server so my question is to how did you manage before without oceanic servers cause even if they merge all 3 its only a temp fix

scullzomben
10.16.2012 , 04:23 PM | #585
So now that you have rolled out your Cartel Coin news, can you merge our servers?

Or are we to expect a "Lul, nah sorry, if you want a population use ur cartel coins LOL!"

Banegio
10.16.2012 , 05:11 PM | #586
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
ACtions speak louder than words...

Just a question to all the APAC: Anyone feels that they want to transfer out to the US servers instead?

Reason why I'm asking is because this recent event has shown that BW either doesn't care for the APAC servers (the more likely option), or are simply too incompetent to deal with it.

So if there's enough pressure from the ground for server transfers, we might just get it.

Just to get a feel: This ever struck anyone's mind?
From what I read here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=539632

It sounds like they have technical constrain, resource constrain, or they are working on paid transfer; therefore no more free transfer will be offered.

As I suggest in an earlier reply to this thread, I still think it is highly possible that EA is looking at relocating the APAC server to another more asia-friendly physical location. Consider the potential market in China, they may even talking to authority in China, so people don't need to play the game via proxy.

Evgen
10.16.2012 , 06:12 PM | #587
Quote: Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
From what I read here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=539632

It sounds like they have technical constrain, resource constrain, or they are working on paid transfer; therefore no more free transfer will be offered.

As I suggest in an earlier reply to this thread, I still think it is highly possible that EA is looking at relocating the APAC server to another more asia-friendly physical location. Consider the potential market in China, they may even talking to authority in China, so people don't need to play the game via proxy.
They can merge servers, they just did it, so no technical restraint. The have the system to let you choose to move servers too. They are obviously working on paid transfers. Mo money, mo money mo money! But I don't think that would please many players here. I have 9 characters I want to move and I won't pay to move them because EA won't do anything about the problem. Unless they have some very cheap bulk move option.
I also doubt they would move the servers. Their plans for Asia haven't changed that much in half a year.

And WoW has Oceanic servers, to the guy who said no other MMORPGs have them.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

MikeTheDuke
10.16.2012 , 07:44 PM | #588
Nice one. I will admit, I do not have a character on the Asia/Pacific servers for a couple of reasons I got the game at physical launch, could not way for Australian release date. Once I got my Legacy on the US server all new Alts were created using that same server to maintain my legacy.

I have since joined a great guild on the US server and don't have any plans for being on the Asia/Pacific servers. The only thing that might encourage me is the latency.

Mowermanx
10.16.2012 , 08:04 PM | #589
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
And WoW has Oceanic servers, to the guy who said no other MMORPGs have them.
No, they don't, they are labeled Oceanic, but are sitting along side the rest of their servers in the US.

wellymace
10.16.2012 , 08:24 PM | #590
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
No, they don't, they are labeled Oceanic, but are sitting along side the rest of their servers in the US.
They are still Oceanic servers