Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Novarium
10.11.2012 , 10:50 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
That is bad and Dalborra isn't much better but would be cool to do one at the super peak time on the weekends.
This is indeed very sad... But on a positive note thanks for including me in your video chippy safe to say i'm famous now...And I loved the comment on Realfaststar Oh and Bio ware merger now.. PLEASE!!!!
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
Xaviër - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

PurpleCliff
10.11.2012 , 10:50 PM | #522
I guess I'm now just really looking forward to F2P next month. It mightn't help endgame population, but at least all the planets won't be empty.

TrueNovaZero
10.12.2012 , 12:05 AM | #523
That's the thing - if mergers were happening people would hang on. The lack of any real announcement or tangible action kind of seems like they've written us off, and just want to keep us hanging for as long as possible to get the mostout of the subs before letting it die off or go low enough before folding the APAC servers into the US ones. F2P is doubtful to bring it back into the green and despite new content people have still left. I'm realistic enough to know not everyone will be happy but part of the problem of the initial merges was how out of the blue it seemed for the people who couldn't smell the obvious - and also the obvious vanity pains of being on a high pop server like not having the name you want.

Still "Party A" right now wants it to happen and we did go around for a week spamming general on the fleet and the populated worlds. Call it simplification, but I'm pretty sure we got the vast majority. Ofcourse the /signed spam from many different users

Evgen
10.12.2012 , 12:52 AM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkfalconheart View Post
I don't see any reason to have PVP either way. But I have been moderating in several kinds of communities on the net and learned one thing - even if it seems that all people agree on doing Thing A, they all say they want it and really really clamour for it - the Moment you do/implent/instate said Item A, a faction B will spring up and HOWL that they never wanted this and that it was only a minority making fuss. Eventually a group C will appear, who joined after and find that it is stupid how we do things here and it's different anywhere else...
Normally I think you are right. Be there are people announcing this on the general channels on the fleets and other planets. I think faction B would have reared it's argumentative head by now. I do however agree with you about group C, they are just waiting sharpening their comparisons to other games equally flawed.
The thing is, if they were to merg servers, they could always split them again later. If they were to allow free transfers, they could always allow them again later.
I think the best idea would be to have PVP, PVE and RP instances, I think they should merge us and work on a way to make that work.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Setsugetsuka
10.12.2012 , 01:43 AM | #525
Made a transcript of the video using the automatic captions, in case anyone was interested:

Spoiler

But overall, I agree, I don't play every day, but more often than not on Dalborra it's not all that much better than this. Personally, getting ganked is worth actually having enough people around to actually have gank me. (Meaning personally, speaking for myself only, that I wouldn't mind if the merged server was forced to be a PvP server to keep the people from complaining.)

-Holmes
10.12.2012 , 04:04 AM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
Made a transcript of the video using the automatic captions, in case anyone was interested:

Spoiler

But overall, I agree, I don't play every day, but more often than not on Dalborra it's not all that much better than this. Personally, getting ganked is worth actually having enough people around to actually have gank me. (Meaning personally, speaking for myself only, that I wouldn't mind if the merged server was forced to be a PvP server to keep the people from complaining.)
If you notice the current server trends, PvE servers have far more active players than PvP servers, which means more PvE players in general. If it was to be transformed into a PvP server, all those PvE peeps would call it quits, but judging by this thread, the PvP people are happy to come to a PvE server, for the sake of the warzone pops.

DropbearSW
10.12.2012 , 04:28 AM | #527
as a M'DN player I have no issue with the combined server being a PVE server..
Master Dar'Nala
Talon (50 Sorc), Psi-Ko (50 Mara), Mash (50 Op)
<BOSS>

Karasuko
10.12.2012 , 06:32 AM | #528
Re-subbed for another 2 months, lets hope to god that they actually do something.

randalthorr
10.12.2012 , 07:06 AM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Re-subbed for another 2 months, lets hope to god that they actually do something.
Should be your last sub anyway. F2p Is roughly due in that time.
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

mrpayday
10.12.2012 , 09:44 AM | #530
With US and European servers down there's 100+ on Tython and 11 on Republic fleet. Thanks Bioware for solving our problems, in a few weeks fleet should be packed. (on Master Dar'Nala)