Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Knockerz
03.30.2013 , 08:04 AM | #4711
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
I don't agree with your attitude of giving up, though I've tried the American servers I'm still against losing our own, but your idea of on Tuesday doesn't seem plausible given the announcement time and the fact a server merge will take a little more forethought. Already Eric Musco said they're 'working on the tech.' In other words, they don't have it.

EULA Terms have been posted; things are imposed 30 days after announcement or later. Bioware could argue they haven't even announced it yet if they don't meet the deadline, given they're only announcement is in a forum. Not hugely official yet. Knowing Bioware's track record, though, it could be tomorrow, or, more likely, within a month or a few months.
The 30 days only applies to force transfers. BW can allow voluntary transfers at any time.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

ChuangTzu
03.30.2013 , 08:18 AM | #4712
719 sigs, that's great but keep them coming. If every1 who has sign can get atleast 1 person more to sign we will be in even better shape. I'm sure there are ppl out there who don't know about this yet. Let make sure they do!
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

AndbeKeper
03.30.2013 , 08:51 AM | #4713
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Did nothing for me, 175ms ping with and without, thx though
From memory, the jump across the Pacific from the east coast of Australia to the US is around 150ms, so if you've got 175ms that's really good in Australia. From WA (where I am) there's another approx 50ms to get from the west coast to east coast. I'm not sure what it is for NZ to the US, but I'd guess it would be around 100ms. That's before we add in the jumps between ISPs on either side.

Not much we can do about that Pacific ocean bit, since there's only one route, other than build our own high speed gaming link through the centre of the Earth. At that point it would probably be cheaper to buy EA and make them keep the APAC servers.

Talimar
03.30.2013 , 10:59 AM | #4714
Is there any updated info on name collisions? I see the person on Harbinger with my name is only L22, while I am L50 with 40 days of game time. It would be insane if I have to lose my name to that person.

Saffa
03.30.2013 , 11:28 AM | #4715
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
Is there any updated info on name collisions? I see the person on Harbinger with my name is only L22, while I am L50 with 40 days of game time. It would be insane if I have to lose my name to that person.
Well I went and made a dummy character with my name seriously who in the harbinger can have a name such as safasafin ow wait they cant't because I made a character with that name Id advise everybody to do the same if you still can.
Safasafin Knight LVL 50 Laum Assassin LVL 26

Saffa
03.30.2013 , 11:32 AM | #4716
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
sup thought id come help ease the transition , this software: http://www.battleping.com/setup.php godsend, reduces your ping to US servers check out the trial, if you dont believe me
Stop using windows vista and buy windows 7!
Safasafin Knight LVL 50 Laum Assassin LVL 26

MitchPB
03.30.2013 , 02:33 PM | #4717
Alt codes are your friends people
<BOG> <Concept>

Nommaz
03.30.2013 , 04:54 PM | #4718
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Alt codes are your friends people
I don't like using alt codes, for one they can confuse, and for two if you cant get a name without using them why steal someone elses...

They beat you to it, be more creative, and yes I stand to loose some of mine

Just IMO!

ChuangTzu
03.30.2013 , 05:57 PM | #4719
Update: now there are 724 signature on the petition.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

vian
03.30.2013 , 06:24 PM | #4720
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
I don't like using alt codes, for one they can confuse, and for two if you cant get a name without using them why steal someone elses...

They beat you to it, be more creative, and yes I stand to loose some of mine

Just IMO!
Well,
1) if you've been playing with the name since launch, or since the launch of APAC servers, maybe they didn't actually beat you to the name. And if you've been playing under that name for so long, maybe you're attached to it, your guildies all know you by it, and so on.

2) Why can't the galaxy have two people named John? Even if one of them, for silly software reasons, has to be spelled Jöhn?

3) I f you don't like alt-codes, by all means avoid and eschew them. But they are a good solution for people who want to keep a name that they may have put a bit of thought into, and want to preserve, even as we are all sent to the Colonies (well, those of us who roleplay are being sent to a Colony, anyhow ... )
Two blasters; no waiting!