Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PseudoScience's Avatar


PseudoScience
03.29.2013 , 09:55 AM | #4671
Keep the petition rolling.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html


Bioware listen to your community!
APAC

Fols's Avatar


Fols
03.29.2013 , 02:54 PM | #4672
Quote: Originally Posted by PseudoScience View Post
Keep the petition rolling.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html


Bioware listen to your community!
Na, that would be rational and make sense in the real world. This is EAWare. They care about cutting costs now and nothing but that.

Sinrei's Avatar


Sinrei
03.29.2013 , 03:54 PM | #4673
With the fiasco of Simcity they should see this as a chance at some POSITIVE PR.

O_JohnnyBravo_O's Avatar


O_JohnnyBravo_O
03.29.2013 , 04:07 PM | #4674
Not even 1,000 signatures on the petition yet. Just give it up.

I levelled a Shadow over the double xp weekend and was lucky to see five people on the later planets like Quesh and Voss and this was on Dalborra. Other levelling planets from about Alderaan were lucky to have 30 people.

So if Dalborra had 5 on the later planets then the other two servers would have less thus a merge wouldn't do anything.

Looking forward to moving to play with our US friends.

I hope they move us before 2.0. The only reason I say this is because I'd like a bit of contingency time to be considered if something stuffs up with the move and my RotHC experience is hindered/delayed in someway because of a miss-transferred character.

So maintenance this Tuesday would be nice. Thanks!

BovineDeath's Avatar


BovineDeath
03.29.2013 , 04:19 PM | #4675
EA don't seem to realise that bad faith and a strong anti-EA sentiment is driving their bottom dollar down, such as their over usage of microtransactions and the Sim City debacle.

They should be rewarding the people who have stuck with SWTOR at it's worst, not punishing us. I'm just sad that as the game seems to be finding it's stride with bug fixes and more regular content updates, that they pull the rug from under the APAC community and triple our latency. Then they tell us it's not to cut costs, it's to help us. BS.
Petition to merge APAC servers, not remove them: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

Jonnara's Avatar


Jonnara
03.29.2013 , 04:32 PM | #4676
Quote: Originally Posted by PseudoScience View Post
Clearly we play on different Dalborra servers.

A few of people are for it but they are definitely the minority most of the large guilds and hordes of players want an APAC super server which is a comprise to salvage our great ping and still have a healthy population.
My 2 cents - The view that combining the 3 server we have will maintain a healthy population is pure speculation, If Bioware goes by the metrics they have and come up with this solution, it points to one fact.

Even if there is a surge in population after they do a combine of the 3, there is extremely high possibility that over the cause of time it will repeat the surge than drop off in the population as seen with the APAC servers when they first opened.
This will mean a repeat of everything that's happening here now all over again.
Remember the days when all 3 servers are full and the queue was half an hour long?

What they are doing now is going the way of a safer and more cost effective route of putting us all on servers they know for a fact are healthy and will have no long term issues with population until the game it self dies.

If you where the one running this business would you go with the gamble with less payoff or the safe and secure way even if it means you will lose some in the short term?
Proud Member of the Master Dead'Nada Server

ChuangTzu's Avatar


ChuangTzu
03.29.2013 , 04:37 PM | #4677
Quote: Originally Posted by O_JohnnyBravo_O View Post
Not even 1,000 signatures on the petition yet. Just give it up.

I levelled a Shadow over the double xp weekend and was lucky to see five people on the later planets like Quesh and Voss and this was on Dalborra. Other levelling planets from about Alderaan were lucky to have 30 people.

So if Dalborra had 5 on the later planets then the other two servers would have less thus a merge wouldn't do anything.

Looking forward to moving to play with our US friends.

I hope they move us before 2.0. The only reason I say this is because I'd like a bit of contingency time to be considered if something stuffs up with the move and my RotHC experience is hindered/delayed in someway because of a miss-transferred character.

So maintenance this Tuesday would be nice. Thanks!
Never! We will keep on fighting, it isn't over until the fat EA executive sings!
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Mikla's Avatar


Mikla
03.29.2013 , 04:47 PM | #4678
Quote: Originally Posted by O_JohnnyBravo_O View Post
Not even 1,000 signatures on the petition yet. Just give it up.

I levelled a Shadow over the double xp weekend and was lucky to see five people on the later planets like Quesh and Voss and this was on Dalborra. Other levelling planets from about Alderaan were lucky to have 30 people.

So if Dalborra had 5 on the later planets then the other two servers would have less thus a merge wouldn't do anything.

Looking forward to moving to play with our US friends.

I hope they move us before 2.0. The only reason I say this is because I'd like a bit of contingency time to be considered if something stuffs up with the move and my RotHC experience is hindered/delayed in someway because of a miss-transferred character.

So maintenance this Tuesday would be nice. Thanks!
Given the low numbers of players that actually come to the forums, to get 700 signatures in 3 days is pretty darn good.
If heavily populated super servers was a make or break issue for anyone up to this point in time their exists a solution go roll a toon on the US servers with your friends and start leveling up. You could have been doing that for the last 6 months and your US friends have been waiting for you all that time.

On the other hand all those who chose to play on the APAC servers because of the better game experience due to minimal latency and associated lag are about to be shafted. People seem to forget that the APAC servers were launched with a mass migration and player transfers from the very servers we are going to be forcibly transferred back to.

The population on Dalborra has been standard for sometime and queue times have been acceptable during peak times, the PVP server on the other hand has been dead and some thing needed to be done to address their issue but a merger with high latency PvP destroying servers is not the solution they were looking for.

The best solution would be to simply offer the APAC server communties free transfers to any server of their choosing and merge the APAC servers into one APAC based PVE super server.

As I said at the start, if population were a game breaking issue - people would already have quit the game or re-rolled on the NA servers. High Latency is a game breaking issue for many players forcing people on to the NA servers will result in many more lost subscriptions broken guilds and damaged communities.

I remember when SOE ignored their player base in SWG chasing the WoW audience and destroyed their game. EAWare are in danger of repeating the same mistake.

O_JohnnyBravo_O's Avatar


O_JohnnyBravo_O
03.29.2013 , 05:07 PM | #4679
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikla View Post
Given the low numbers of players that actually come to the forums, to get 700 signatures in 3 days is pretty darn good.
Pretty good for everything except making someone pay attention to reverse a decision. 700 signatures is nothing, 1,000 signatures is nothing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mikla View Post
The best solution would be to simply offer the APAC server communties free transfers to any server of their choosing and merge the APAC servers into one APAC based PVE super server.

As I said at the start, if population were a game breaking issue - people would already have quit the game or re-rolled on the NA servers. High Latency is a game breaking issue for many players forcing people on to the NA servers will result in many more lost subscriptions broken guilds and damaged communities.
That's not the best solution at all, the best solution for a population problem is to put us with a populated community. The 700 signatures that you're impressed with all complained about a population issue, they suggested a possible solution with an APAC server merge but BW have openly stated that this would not fix the population issue, which was the main gripe in the first place. So the whinging would have continued.

Why would people re-roll on another sever and break up their legacy and guild when it was said back in September last year that they were looking at solutions to the APAC server population?

The people of this forum have caused the shut down of the APAC servers, no one else. You should have been petitioning for server transfers, not a population issue within APAC. Now the problem has been solved so you can reap what you have sewn.

People posting YouTube videos of population comparisons between APAC and US servers and people saying "There's no one here!!!" and "OMG what's this thread doing on Page 3!?!" congratulations you got what you wanted. Now you've realised you probably fought the wrong battle.

If your name is on the petition and you have also posted here raging about population issues? You did this. No one else. Don't try to back pedal.

SgtKatharn's Avatar


SgtKatharn
03.29.2013 , 05:14 PM | #4680
Quote: Originally Posted by PseudoScience View Post
Keep the petition rolling.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html


Bioware listen to your community!
And Please be sensible when signing because if people don't sign the petition correctly they wont listen ( as at least one person has sign with a stupid made up name )
Four One Nine
Empire Squadron 419 Guild
Moving to The Harbinger if closures go a head Sign the Petition