Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aebrynis
02.15.2013 , 06:31 AM | #2711
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Don't worry too much :P All things being equal, we prefer to play on the APAC servers given the ping/time zone issues. I think most of us who have rerolled will give the new merged APAC server a chance (if it ever happens). Only reason we want transfers as an option is so we can transfer our US toons to APAC later on after merger happens (if at all).
The only thing that could conceivably force me to abandon my APAC toons is if the new consolidated server was a PvP server. Warzones are something I enjoy, but I loathe open-world PvP. If I couldn't transfer my toons off of a consolidated APAC PvP server, I would delete them without a second thought (after bidding guildies farewell and giving them my stuff), and never look back. Any other issue (forced name changes, and so on) can be dealt with, but not OPvP. I can handle it in small doses (Ilum, Outlaw's Den, special events, etc), but all the time? No way in Hades. Count me out.

Fortunately, I don't think it's ever going to come to that. As Dalborra is most certainly the healthiest of the three, and MDN appears to be just the opposite (don't play on that server), I think a consolidated server will be straight PvE, making it unnecessary to require a transfer off of APAC. I think a vast majority of the players on a new super-server (my opinion, mind) would prefer, or at least understand the reasoning behind, that scenario. And one can always flag for PvP on a PvE server - the reverse is certainly not the case.

talaian
02.15.2013 , 07:28 AM | #2712
I think moving everyone to PVE server would be the best option, im over being on a pvp server and not having many people to do ops or flashpoints. I also think the new free to play people will want to subscribe if there is more activity on a server. 1 server is the option bioware should take, we been waiting for so long please make this happen so we can enjoy the game more.

hamsel
02.15.2013 , 09:24 AM | #2713
It's been a month since you said you were going to do something for us. Have you decided what that will be yet? Can you please give us an update today? Thanks.

Saffa
02.15.2013 , 01:46 PM | #2714
All i want is 3 level 50s to do The False Emperor and thats isnt possible yet the group finder doesnt work for dps everyone keeps not responding or they dont que this is crazy.
Safasafin Knight LVL 50 Laum Assassin LVL 26

odonoghuet
02.15.2013 , 09:06 PM | #2715
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Many of us who have rerolled on US servers are constantly checking the status as we are very interseted to see what happens to APAC servers. If a merger happens, you can bet many of us will come back in force to give it a shot. And if and when that happens, we hope to have transfers in place so we can transfer our toons we have leveled on the US servers back to the APAC servers. Hope that makes sense.

Ironically, by your logic, the person who created this thread would be ineligible to have commented on his own thread because well he rerolled to the Harbinger and stopped playing seriously on APAC servers. He's unsubbed now but still.
It makes a lot of sense, however I thought I copied that with this sentance which you quoted, to which I will add emphasis.

Quote:
If you are active on the server or ever intended to return to an APAC server once it has a population, please give your opinion.
So Cheeze is perfectly valid in posting here, while Darthnish has acknowledged that his confirmed desire to remove his unplayed alts from an APAC server to his happy choice of an EU server is not giving an opinion that forwards a thread about fixing the APAC servers.

If you are not playing on the APAC servers currently and/or would never return should they be fixed, then posting in this thread is as logical as me posting in a thread about the state of the German servers.

The current event is actually showing how bad the populations are, as even with returning players interested in what the Ilum event offers, the Group Finder and PVP WZ queue on Gav Daragon is even less used.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

darthnish
02.15.2013 , 09:10 PM | #2716
actually tbh if the population does improve i would play my chars again , but id still be very upset with a PVe Server ]:

odonoghuet
02.15.2013 , 09:15 PM | #2717
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
actually tbh if the population does improve i would play my chars again , but id still be very upset with a PVe Server ]:
Cool, then we welcome your thoughts on the matter on how we might improve the populations.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

darthnish
02.15.2013 , 10:18 PM | #2718
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
Cool, then we welcome your thoughts on the matter on how we might improve the populations.
but however if i am unsatisfied id like to have the option to leave instead of being held here, that is all

Amlici
02.15.2013 , 11:19 PM | #2719
Pretty sure the Ilum event has brought some extra players to Dalborra. We have had 3 instances of Ilum for quite a few days now. I have been easily able to form ops for the world bosses there capable of downing them too. Hopefully the expansion can bring even more. We have also started ops with a heap of new 50s who have never done ops before
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Marshal_Ney
02.16.2013 , 12:10 AM | #2720
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
It makes a lot of sense, however I thought I copied that with this sentance which you quoted, to which I will add emphasis.

So Cheeze is perfectly valid in posting here, while Darthnish has acknowledged that his confirmed desire to remove his unplayed alts from an APAC server to his happy choice of an EU server is not giving an opinion that forwards a thread about fixing the APAC servers.

If you are not playing on the APAC servers currently and/or would never return should they be fixed, then posting in this thread is as logical as me posting in a thread about the state of the German servers.

The current event is actually showing how bad the populations are, as even with returning players interested in what the Ilum event offers, the Group Finder and PVP WZ queue on Gav Daragon is even less used.
I think you are totally wrong about one point,the people who came from the asian server and were forced to make new characters in a EU server because of the lack of content in the APAC server,have all the right to give their opinion.
i live in Japan,and i stili consider my main,a level 50 commando on Gav Daragon, i created this char because i want to do flashpoints,warzones,operations.
now after hitting 50 i realizes that i have to sit in front of the desk if i'm lucky at least 40 minutes before a simple flashpoint start,let's not even talk about operations,end of the story that my main is still wearing columi after months.
So i created two more characters on Red Eclipse,a EU server,even if the timezone is not good for me,i could in one month find a guild,bring both tons at 50 and one is wearing Dread Guard armour,the other is in a mix of campaign rakata.
This is because everytime in every hour of the day i can find something to do almost at once,warzones pops within 5 minutes,flashpoints within 10,and i could find a guild which raid oftern.
when i login there,which is still 14:00 p.m in Europe,there are already 3 instances in Repubblic Fleet,and 4 in the IF.
When i login in Gav Daragon,if i'm lucky i can see not more than 30 people in prime time.
Is this what i am paying for? to sit hours in front of the computer waiting that a single flashpoint to pop?
so you see?
The point is not that we make other characters in EU server because we don't want to play in the APAC server,we are forced to do so,we pay for social contents,and if they don't come you have three options,just sit on the computer without doing nothing in the asian server,unsub,or reroll other character in more populated server.
But when i read this thread some of you want to make feel us some kind of traitors just because instead complainimg and doing nothing,we decided to give it a go somewhere else,we are entitled to have our words like you.
i repeat myself,it would be great to play in a server where there is a similar timezone where i live,but in my humble opinion even if they will merge the 3 server,the population will still be tiny,plus the logistic problem to merge 3 different kind of server in one.
So yes Sir,i am entitled to vote here,and i ask to BioWare to allow us to transfer our APAC characters in the EU/US server.
they could even give us the option,which would be better,to move to a new APAC merged server or let us decide where to go.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"