Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ailie
02.06.2013 , 08:06 PM | #2501
Sorry but I completely disagree with anyone trying to say that Gav is unplayable because of it's population.

I have a full roster of game activities and usually have to cut things out because I just don't have time to do them. This includes progression ops, dailies, weeklies, RP, world bosses... there's just not enough time to do them all. PvP for me is the thing that gets dropped because it's my least favourite and full of drama. I have alts that I haven't been able to level for months because I just don't get time

So I'm sorry, but I hardly call this situation unplayable. If people are having trouble getting into content then perhaps they need to look at their individual situations rather than blame it on the whole server.
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

odonoghuet
02.06.2013 , 08:18 PM | #2502
As part of the first Empire teams to bring down HM EC and Nightmare pilgrim, I am not saying this lightly. Where major servers had the population to have teams accomplish these events in days to weeks after release, Gav Daragon didn't get this done for over 6 months after introduction to the game.

THERE IS NOT THE POPULATION TO MAKE THESE ITEMS AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PLAYER BASE.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

Banegio
02.06.2013 , 08:22 PM | #2503
Well even the devs avoid saying these things anymore.

Our internal testing and analysis show everything is perfect. So we are right. 99% of you players need look at your individual situations rather than complain.

Ailie
02.06.2013 , 08:30 PM | #2504
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
As part of the first Empire teams to bring down HM EC and Nightmare pilgrim, I am not saying this lightly. Where major servers had the population to have teams accomplish these events in days to weeks after release, Gav Daragon didn't get this done for over 6 months after introduction to the game.

THERE IS NOT THE POPULATION TO MAKE THESE ITEMS AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PLAYER BASE.
You know what, a lot of that is because of the type of people playing here. I like the end game stuff in this game, but I'm not busting my gut to do it. I'm happy trucking along where I am, as are a lot of people.

These challenges are doable, the difference for us is that people might need to work with others to get them done, which is how it would be on most other servers. Not many have full 24 man HM TFB groups ready to roll. My guild is getting close to getting their own Nightmare Pilgrim team ready, but for the meantime we support other guilds who do it.

The problem for us is the gap between the optimised players who can do HM TFB and Ni EC and those still plugging away at SM EC and TFB. The other is that like I said before, not everyone is keen on doing hardcore raiding which is what this content requires. Yes you do have to spend the money and get your gear augmented, yes you do need to have a certain level of gear. A lot of people just aren't up for that.

So whilst it may be harder to get into this content, it is not impossible. Like I said in my last post, if you're having trouble getting into it, perhaps the problem lies with you and not the server?
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Amlici
02.06.2013 , 08:54 PM | #2505
Personally i'm quite happy not being on the cutting edge of progression. I'm sure if i was though there are guilds that come to mind who would accommodate me.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

MyPetMonkey
02.06.2013 , 09:06 PM | #2506
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
You know what, a lot of that is because of the type of people playing here. I like the end game stuff in this game, but I'm not busting my gut to do it. I'm happy trucking along where I am, as are a lot of people.

These challenges are doable, the difference for us is that people might need to work with others to get them done, which is how it would be on most other servers. Not many have full 24 man HM TFB groups ready to roll. My guild is getting close to getting their own Nightmare Pilgrim team ready, but for the meantime we support other guilds who do it.

The problem for us is the gap between the optimised players who can do HM TFB and Ni EC and those still plugging away at SM EC and TFB. The other is that like I said before, not everyone is keen on doing hardcore raiding which is what this content requires. Yes you do have to spend the money and get your gear augmented, yes you do need to have a certain level of gear. A lot of people just aren't up for that.

So whilst it may be harder to get into this content, it is not impossible. Like I said in my last post, if you're having trouble getting into it, perhaps the problem lies with you and not the server?
/facepalm

You're a politician aren't you.... Guys we are playing a massively multiplayer game wrong.... Everything's fine...

vaxathan
02.06.2013 , 09:06 PM | #2507
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
Like sands through the hour glass..... these are the days of our lives.....
haha so true, thumbs up for merging the three servers into one
Musique - Sentinel
Technologic - Scoundrel
Aerodynamite - Guardian

Leweegibo
02.06.2013 , 09:10 PM | #2508
Every week that passes is less players that will be on the master server "if" they ever do it. i dont understand what the hold up is, its been done for US, just do it, now.
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

MyPetMonkey
02.06.2013 , 09:12 PM | #2509
**** it.... Changing my vote.... I want to transfer to US servers and abandon APAC.

Ailie annoys me too much....

darthnish
02.06.2013 , 11:10 PM | #2510
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
**** it.... Changing my vote.... I want to transfer to US servers and abandon APAC.

Ailie annoys me too much....
lmao . id say some people dont like change, shes clearly one of them. Im sure if transfers were opened and no merges , shed be the only one left in gav daragon