Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Evgen
01.27.2013 , 05:32 PM | #2361
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks! Thank you for all of your suggestions. As I mentioned earlier, we're going to review these and see what we can do. I'll be sure to update when we have anything new. In the meantime, please keep the ideas coming!
Enough with the stall tactics already?
There hasn't been any new ideas on this thread since you last posted.
A bunch of different ways to mix mergers and transfers.
Of course some brilliant guy did come up with the transfers and mergers idea!
Do appreciate the communication, but I'm expecting the warning sign to come on that you see under the fasten seat belt sign, but only in "Airplane" movies . . .
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

TrueNovaZero
01.27.2013 , 06:53 PM | #2362
Joveth, c'mon. There hasn't been a new idea for a good 3 months. It's all been said to death... when you made your post, news of it spread like wildfire here. We put it up on our Gav Daragon community page (gav-daragon.enjin.com).

Why am I just now posting this? Because... well, there's no real need to. We're all still watching... just, I imagine, tired of saying the same thing over and over.

Any further posts -- and I mean from anyone in the APAC community is likely to just be for the purpose of bumping this thread... to keep it as a reminder that the issue still persists.

We eagerly wait for progress more than an open ear.

SgtKatharn
01.27.2013 , 07:39 PM | #2363
Its been a wile since I last posted in this thread, and thanks Joveth for the updates. And from reading 100+ pages of this thread to catch up I have notice a few things, there is only around 20 people not in favor of the merging of the servers. My personal view (spinikar speaks for the 419) of this issue is this;
1. The people that rerolled on the us servers should have the option for a PAID transfer for their toons.
2. That the mega server should be relocated to give the other APAC players a better ping, I wouldn't mind a small loss of latency to improve the population.
3. Role Play, as a old school pen and paper role player I see the concerns that the role players have. The only reason that I rolled on a PVP server was the guild aspect as I found a good group of people to play with during the squadron 419 beta test other wise I would've rolled on a RP server. The one way to fix the concerns of the role players are BANS and I do mean BANS. I was the first to surgest a role play channel with strick rules. eg if someone is trolling the role play channel you report them for harassment and they get a temp BAN if they do it again they get a longer BAN and a warning, third time PERMA BAN. Some people may resond to this what about them using a second F2P account, the answer fixed IP addreses nearly all ISP provide fix IP's and some that don't the IP doesn't change anyway (cough Telsra) if they get caught trolling with a F2P account all accounts on that IP get the BAN.

Please feel free to comment on this
Four One Nine
Empire Squadron 419 Guild
Moving to The Harbinger if closures go a head Sign the Petition

OGsam
01.27.2013 , 09:03 PM | #2364
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtKatharn View Post
eg if someone is trolling the role play channel you report them for harassment and they get a temp BAN if they do it again they get a longer BAN and a warning, third time PERMA BAN. Some people may resond to this what about them using a second F2P account, the answer fixed IP addreses nearly all ISP provide fix IP's and some that don't the IP doesn't change anyway (cough Telsra) if they get caught trolling with a F2P account all accounts on that IP get the BAN.

Please feel free to comment on this
I live in a house where 3 people play SWTOR, why should I get perma banned from the game because my house mate decides to troll the RP channel on HIS account? Terrible idea. NEXT!
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Evgen
01.27.2013 , 10:21 PM | #2365
I've made what I'd like to think is a fairly comprehensive survey for those interested in APAC server population issues.
Lets get some hard numbers for Joveth and the EA management.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6YR5G57
The Lor Legacy

SgtKatharn
01.28.2013 , 12:12 AM | #2366
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
I live in a house where 3 people play SWTOR, why should I get perma banned from the game because my house mate decides to troll the RP channel on HIS account? Terrible idea. NEXT!
The answer to that is you apeal the ban or report your house mate's main for the trolling/harassment before the perma ban, which as a GM you should be for as that promotes a good playing enviroment.
Four One Nine
Empire Squadron 419 Guild
Moving to The Harbinger if closures go a head Sign the Petition

OGsam
01.28.2013 , 01:08 AM | #2367
The answer to that is you apeal the ban or report your house mate's main for the trolling/harassment before the perma ban, which as a GM you should be for as that promotes a good playing enviroment.
I have a guild to run around a busy life, no thanks. How about they don't bring in such a ludicrous permanent banning rule? Sound good? Okay.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Evgen
01.28.2013 , 01:38 AM | #2368
In general I think IP banning isn't practical.
I was told for some Perfect World game that my IP had been used for some kind of bad behaviour, so I couldn't use some of their web services. I had only just started that internet service recently. Some kind of PC ID in combination with other factors would be best.
The Lor Legacy

darthnish
01.28.2013 , 10:20 AM | #2369
4 th page ? unacceptable! hurr need transfers, too lazy to re post same idea that has been said 100x times here. Just do it already

cuttothechase
01.28.2013 , 11:43 AM | #2370
Quote: Originally Posted by TrueNovaZero View Post

Any further posts -- and I mean from anyone in the APAC community is likely to just be for the purpose of bumping this thread... to keep it as a reminder that the issue still persists.
Like this?