Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cheezfriend
01.25.2013 , 01:24 AM | #2331
Quote: Originally Posted by banehammer View Post
It's only been a week. As much as I'm hanging out to hear their verdict, important business decisions like this one don't happen in a week after requesting feedback.
I'm sure it won't be much longer if we're all patient.
Sorry but no. Joveth Gonzales said the below on 21 September 2012.

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.
Really they have NO EXCUSE to implement something right away or at least make an announcement.

ChuangTzu
01.25.2013 , 01:39 AM | #2332
Well said.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

fiery_valkyrie
01.25.2013 , 02:08 AM | #2333
I'd like all 3 APAC servers to merge into Dalborra

darthnish
01.25.2013 , 02:10 AM | #2334
Quote: Originally Posted by fiery_valkyrie View Post
I'd like all 3 APAC servers to merge into Dalborra
and id like to have my toons transferred off to somewhere else, why NOT BOTH? \o/

Mowermanx
01.25.2013 , 02:19 AM | #2335
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
and id like to have my toons transferred off to somewhere else, why NOT BOTH? \o/
Indeed, just give everyone a transfer token and let them sort it out.

Obirayy
01.25.2013 , 02:57 AM | #2336
Because we are trying to fix the problem of having a low population on our server.... You know... The whole reason why this thread was made in the first place
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

xxpcwizardxx
01.25.2013 , 03:13 AM | #2337
this is why

Quote:
Server transfers is not going to solve the Asia server at all just going to make it worst and alot of hard core players who are on these realms want this server to stay for the low latency as i ve tried US realms such as "The Harbridger" and i get 200-300 ms and in high populated areas there is noticeable lag but not too bad. So server transfers would be a bad idea.
May The Force Be With You.

OwenBrooks
01.25.2013 , 03:15 AM | #2338
Everyones opinion count, If your opinion is not the same as someone elses, it is essentially rude to not allow someone to have a different opinion without shutting them down because it does not meet your grand plan.

Thing about views is that it raises up different solutions, your solution might be ranked 46 out of 100 possible outcomes but does that make it any less valid then no 1 ranked opinion out of 100 possible outcomes.

Consider what i just said next time someone posts up a view that isn't yours and meets your goal in life.

Why people automatically shut some one down is beyond me (though i have been guilty myself on occasion)
Sometimes some are just standing too close to the problem to see the solution.

OGsam
01.25.2013 , 03:22 AM | #2339
There's no point or option that hasn't been covered 15 times over in this thread at this point, now we just play the ./bump waiting game while BW/EA work something out. Maybe they plan to give us the news on Australia day, though I highly doubt they have a clue that anyone celebrates anything other than the 4th of July.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

laz_AU
01.25.2013 , 09:13 AM | #2340
Maybe after a month or so or maybe if they are paid transfers and only pve/rp players. Only because i know there are fools out there that will just jump ship as soon as transfers are offered without even giving the new merged server a chance. If enough people jump then this may have a detrimental effect on the population of the new server, effectively crippling it right after it's formed
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS