Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ChuangTzu
01.24.2013 , 07:08 PM | #2321
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
^^^ Need a reply from BW, this thread is already starting to die off again, come on BW do something! Get me off Master Dar'Nala!!!
Exactly, they say it is an important issue. They asked for our ideas (in a thread already full of ideas), we responded. It time for them to prove that it is an important issue for them, with actions not words.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Dacce
01.24.2013 , 07:26 PM | #2322
I think for the benefit of all they should either merge all 3 APAC servers into one, OR give free transfers to servers of choice. But not both options.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

banehammer
01.24.2013 , 08:02 PM | #2323
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
I think for the benefit of all they should either merge all 3 APAC servers into one, OR give free transfers to servers of choice. But not both options.
I strongly disagree. I think they should definitely give choice. Legacy functionality being what it is, it's important to play on a single server to reap the benefits.

It's only been a week. As much as I'm hanging out to hear their verdict, important business decisions like this one don't happen in a week after requesting feedback.
I'm sure it won't be much longer if we're all patient.
Endoor | Guardian Jedi's have grenades now
Noxali | Sorcerer Storming to the light side like a traitor
HARBRINGER

Calvin_Mago
01.24.2013 , 08:26 PM | #2324
I would merge all three into a super APAC server (Dalborra PVE) and THEN change the maintenance schedule for that to fit APAC time (even if there is a slight delay in getting updates vs other servers. Maintenance is becoming more frequent because of the Cartel Market stuff, and I'm tired of the unexpected downtime.

Also, I would give the PVP and RP server residents the one time option of transferring to one other PVP or RP server, but only AFTER the super server has been running for a month.
Suul'ton - Suul
<Seraphic Nexus>

odonoghuet
01.24.2013 , 10:01 PM | #2325
Please merge Gav Daragon and MDM into Dalbora.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

lucotas
01.24.2013 , 10:26 PM | #2326
merge all the server and become them in a super server (Pve)

xxpcwizardxx
01.24.2013 , 10:45 PM | #2327
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each otherís ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.
I can't stay anything different that hasn't already been said but I think the 3 realm merge is the best solution because the population on the pvp realm is almost dead and RP-PVE realm seems to say standard population but if you go in it looks like it has half the pop of dalborra PVE which seems to be the only realm that has just enough but it can always be better so to solve the problem with all three is a hybrid realm that has environment of all three types PVE RP and PVP.

now in times of PVE and RP the only difference between these two is that RP have stricter names which isn't really needed as most people who like to play a role after a name of character in movie or game or whatever they usually do so in any type of realm and RP also have language resections which is what the chat filter is for and if they are talking about sex or drugs people would kick them from the grp anyway

PVP realm in terms of PVP type environment why not make the "Toggle PVP" command a command that gives the players with it switch on the same pvp realm rules as the PVP realm and the pvp players would have yellow or light green name for their character and won't interrupt the PVE players that wish to keep it off

Server transfers is not going to solve the Asia server at all just going to make it worst and alot of hard core players who are on these realms want this server to stay for the low latency as i ve tried US realms such as "The Harbridger" and i get 200-300 ms and in high populated areas there is noticeable lag but not too bad. So server transfers would be a bad idea. Also having one realms means only one realms to maintenance and work out all the bugs for each week .

server transfers from US to this Hybrid realm would be a good idea to see if that will bring more population to Asia realm as there are few US players on the realms already and if there a enough it might be enough for two to three realms for the future

now in terms of new players i agree that there needs to be a advertisement complain in Australia and NZ to attract new players if you want more players to fill the more population for the options for two PVE and PVP realm for future

I hope you take my testament into consideration as you make your decision

Thanks
May The Force Be With You.

oakamp
01.24.2013 , 10:52 PM | #2328
Quote: Originally Posted by xxpcwizardxx View Post
server transfers from US to this Hybrid realm would be a good idea to see if that will bring more population to Asia realm
NO,
APAC server has horrible lag for other Asian,
we got 400ms~800ms there,
so no server transfers from US to APAC,
it should let players chose by their own will,
or transfer from APAC to US.

a true char transfer system but not fake by server merge will solve this problem.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Amlici
01.24.2013 , 11:12 PM | #2329
Asia is almost another market altogther. Maybe Bioware should look at opening a server further north of sydney for Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan and alot of the other countries that are getting better ping on west coast US servers.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

sankalp
01.24.2013 , 11:29 PM | #2330
Merger serves, run for a few months and then give everyone a 1 time transfer from APAC to any US and from any US to APAC server