Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dacce's Avatar


Dacce
01.16.2013 , 11:05 PM | #2051
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
Who's my toon?! ..On what server? I have 6 50's across 2 servers. Not sure what the point of that question was.
Hint: One of them is called Ignicity.

And for those that want to stay on the US server that they've re-rolled to? They just get shafted?
It's not about shafting anyone it's about preserving a community. If you want to stay on your US PVP server you can, but you shouldn't be given a FREE option to move what characters you left behind off APAC servers. If you really want to leave, they should just give you the option to pay for it. OR give you free transfer BACK to the APAC server.Either way, they shouldn't just give everyone the choice to go anywhere.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

Ignicity's Avatar


Ignicity
01.16.2013 , 11:09 PM | #2052
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
It's not about shafting anyone it's about preserving a community. If you want to stay on your US PVP server you can, but you shouldn't be given a FREE option to move what characters you left behind off APAC servers. If you really want to leave, they should just give you the option to pay for it. OR give you free transfer BACK to the APAC server.Either way, they shouldn't just give everyone the choice to go anywhere.
lolz - So I should be forced to move back to a PvE centric merged Oceanic super server, because you don't think I or others like me, deserve to be able to consolidate all of our characters on our new home: a US server?

People like you make me want to change my mind about supporting a server merge.

How about we just close all the APAC servers and delete all the toons on there. /sarcasm

Dacce's Avatar


Dacce
01.16.2013 , 11:16 PM | #2053
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
lolz - So I should be forced to move back to a PvE centric merged Oceanic super server, because you don't think I or others like me, deserve to be able to consolidate all of our characters on our new home: a US server?

People like you make me want to change my mind about supporting a server merge.

How about we just close all the APAC servers and delete all the toons on there. /sarcasm
you are just bitter because your experience hasn't been "as advertised". I am on MDN, and I support having a merge to a single APAC super server and because my opinion would be to stop people leaving for US servers without having to pay for it doesn't garner your approval doesn't mean I need it.

Tell me, what do you actually do differently on a PVP server that you can't do on a PVE server? OPVP? what OPVP? gank lowbies? well you are in the 12-16 bracket if that's your argument. If you want PVP World Events, everyone can just flag on and go for it. So calling it a "PVE Centric" server is ridiculous. It is just a consolidated server to boost the population.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

Ignicity's Avatar


Ignicity
01.16.2013 , 11:32 PM | #2054
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
you are just bitter because your experience hasn't been "as advertised". I am on MDN, and I support having a merge to a single APAC super server and because my opinion would be to stop people leaving for US servers without having to pay for it doesn't garner your approval doesn't mean I need it.

Tell me, what do you actually do differently on a PVP server that you can't do on a PVE server? OPVP? what OPVP? gank lowbies? well you are in the 12-16 bracket if that's your argument. If you want PVP World Events, everyone can just flag on and go for it. So calling it a "PVE Centric" server is ridiculous. It is just a consolidated server to boost the population.
Believe me, I have in no way been deluded into thinking that you seek my approval.

On-topic:
People that play on PvE servers aren't renowned for queuing for WZ's. Sure, some may - but I would wager that most don't.

So there's your answer right there. If there's not enough pvp'ers on Master Dar'Narla at the moment, what makes you think that there is going to be enough pvp'ers on the new Super Sized PvE Oceanic server?

OGsam's Avatar


OGsam
01.16.2013 , 11:37 PM | #2055
Judging by the posts I have seen here I think having an APAC super server is still the best option. You can always transfer off when optional paid transfers open up. Either that or transfer your new US rerolls to the APAC super server.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Obirayy's Avatar


Obirayy
01.16.2013 , 11:39 PM | #2056
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
Judging by the posts I have seen here I think having an APAC super server is still the best option. You can always transfer off when optional paid transfers open up. Either that or transfer your new US rerolls to the APAC super server.
yeah i agree. also id like to add transfers for APAC players to our new super server from US servers.

MrRuck's Avatar


MrRuck
01.16.2013 , 11:44 PM | #2057
Merge all APAC servers into one PvE server then off free transfers for those who aren't happy with the new server type. This should satisfy the majority, though I think it would be best to wait until the merge has occurred before offering said transfers so people have a chance (even if only for an hour) to witness a prosperous APAC server.
Lycaeon
< Samurai Pizza Cats >
R.I.P. Dalborra Server

Silvers's Avatar


Silvers
01.16.2013 , 11:49 PM | #2058
I want to keep the lower ping.

1st choice: Merge all 3 - with options for free transfers in or out of the APAC servers. In for those that may want to come back because of a greater population.

2nd choice: Keep the 3 servers and introduce cross server queues so players can keep their preferred server style but still enjoy WZ's, FP's and OP's. Need to open up all Operation difficulties in the GF.

3rd choice: transfer to US servers - free transfers out to 3 designated servers based on server type.

Cheers
The Older Gamers
TOG Website TOROZ website

O_JohnnyBravo_O's Avatar


O_JohnnyBravo_O
01.16.2013 , 11:56 PM | #2059
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
People that play on PvE servers aren't renowned for queuing for WZ's. Sure, some may - but I would wager that most don't.
Pay up! Pre and post-50 WZ's pop quite regularly on Dalborra. There is quite a healthy PvP community there.

Merge to one for me.

Dacce's Avatar


Dacce
01.16.2013 , 11:58 PM | #2060
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
Believe me, I have in no way been deluded into thinking that you seek my approval.

On-topic:
People that play on PvE servers aren't renowned for queuing for WZ's. Sure, some may - but I would wager that most don't.

So there's your answer right there. If there's not enough pvp'ers on Master Dar'Narla at the moment, what makes you think that there is going to be enough pvp'ers on the new Super Sized PvE Oceanic server?
I would wager more than 50% of the population chose the PVE server solely for the reasons of not getting ganked by 50's when levelling.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada