Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pexalottle
01.16.2013 , 06:31 PM | #2001
Merge is the way to go. I'll miss the open world pvp (or what was left of it) but moving to a PvE server is the ideal solution to me.
Pex (The Orso Legacy) - The Harbinger
APAC player subbed since Jan '12

Claprica
01.16.2013 , 06:32 PM | #2002
My 2 cents as a subscriber with several lvl 50 toons on Master dar Nala, playing from NZ.

1) Merge all Oceanic servers into one PVE super server first.
2) Wait a month or two and then offer transfers for all servers worldwide - not just Oceanic.

Rationale:
There is actually very little difference between a PVP server and a PVE server with the current state of the game.
Unless there is an organised open world event, there is almost no open world PVP going on. Most PVPers on the PVP server just queue for WZ's.

Lag is a big issue for Oceanic players trying to play on American servers. PVP is almost impossible, especially for time critical skills like passing a huttball, interrupting abilities etc. Any people wanting to PVP in AUS/NZ will be severely hamstrung if they want to do so.
Admittedly FP's don't seem to be as bad for me ping-wise on American servers, but PVP is such a big part of the game for me that I don't think that I would continue playing and paying if I couldn't PVP.
We need an Oceanic server for the reduced ping.

Delaying the server transfer process for a month or two will let us and BW evaluate whether or not transfers are necessary and whether the Oceanic servers are a lost cause. I don't think they are tbh, hell even MDN server seems to be getting a semi revival of players during peak time - its just not enough to warrant a whole server for PVP alone.

Tatonkabill
Glasskannon
Azealiab

odonoghuet
01.16.2013 , 06:35 PM | #2003
Can anyone suggest a reason other than:
Keeping character names.
PVE players wanting to avoid ganking by PVPers. (Happens on GD already, and would happen less with more instances to switch to)
Hinderance of RP by trolls. (Happens on GD already and easy to select ignore)
Keeping community together.

: for not merger into one APAC server?

I ask because I truely can't see any but a tiny minority of players who would want to selfishly keep the above over keeping other players in a population too low to play the game in the way it is intended and deny content access.

EDIT: Please don't speak for server populations you are not regularly on. MDM has it worse no doubt but Gav Daragon is not healthy.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

mrpayday
01.16.2013 , 06:39 PM | #2004
I'd prefer a merge into Dalborra. I might lose a few names but it is the only server with any population.

Also it isn't true that Gav Daragon is the most populated if people are basing that on it showing standard or even heavy most of the time. It's showing as standard right now but a /who 50 on the Imperial side shows 9 results, fleet is 10. The population indicator is broken.

iamthehoyden
01.16.2013 , 06:47 PM | #2005
Just a thought (I'm not APAC, so take this with a grain of salt), but if you did this:

- merge APAC servers
- open free transfers to APAC server
- then offer one free transfer to server of choice to the original APAC players (so people wouldn't jump to APAC to jump elsewhere)

you'd probably end up with a fairly healthy population.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

cuttothechase
01.16.2013 , 06:47 PM | #2006
Quote: Originally Posted by GHoppa View Post

The people who have left MDN and tried the pvp on the basion generally wont come back to fight the same old (and relatively few) faces of MDN on a new server, and a bunch of new pve'rs.
This bit is plain wrong but thanks for taking it upon yourself to speak for me

Back in a heartbeat if it's a merge

Plingeh
01.16.2013 , 06:53 PM | #2007
- Merge all 3 servers :3

Chaoswielder
01.16.2013 , 06:59 PM | #2008
Joveth, I'd just like to add that in every single survey that was conducted and linked on these forums, a merge was the highest voted for option (by far). There are statistics in the first 200 pages that heavily support a server merge, I don't think more discussion is needed on it.
Unsubbed 09/01/13 awaiting an action for APAC players.[/center]

Novarium
01.16.2013 , 06:59 PM | #2009
Hi Bioware, firstly thank you for finally getting to us, it has been far too long. Also can people from other server's stop commenting you honestly dont know what it is like on our server so your suggestion's are often tainted with an outsider look on our server..

Now to the solution, it seems obvious to me that the majority of people want a server merge. it is the best feeling for an Australian player to have >40 ms ping and that is something we do not want to lose. So i think transfers to other US servers is just not the solution most players want. I am he GM of one of the largest guilds on MDN and i know i speak for me and my guild when i say server merge is the only option. if you gave us transfers to the US a large portion of players would just quit because we have large ego's and the ping issues would cause us to be noncompetitive especially in RWZ. I think the majority of players would want a 2 fold solution to this issue, firstly merge all 3 servers into 1 massive PVE server. MDN players do not care at all about open world pvp because it just does not happen. the second stage of this would be allowing those who desperately want to the chance to move to us servers to play on pvp/rp servers. Lastly allow any toon's that APAC players have made on the us the chance to bring those toon's to this server. I believe that those players that have been playing the game longer should have the priority when it comes to keeping player names. but to be honest that is such a trivial thing because it does not matter what your toon is called when your sitting on the fleet for 4 hours with 10 other people on the fleet. I for one would be willing to name my toon "3785630957!" if it meant i could play wz's during the day and not waiting 4 hours for a que to pop.

to me this is a simple solution and it keeps the majority of players happy and has the community and player base's best interest at heart.

Thank you for listening.. now server merge GOGOGOGGO!!!
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
XaviŽr - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

Sitholat
01.16.2013 , 07:05 PM | #2010
Sever merge.

Kthxbai
~ Pade ~