Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
01.11.2013 , 05:00 PM | #1841
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
I suspect that either there is some contract on the APAC server hardware that is preventing them making a decision till 12 months is up, or that there is no one willing to make any call till after the F2P results are stable after school holidays.
That's probably the case.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

SplatterPaw's Avatar


SplatterPaw
01.11.2013 , 05:10 PM | #1842
The hardware / hosting contracts in this case is irrelevant. You may be paying for them, but you don't actually have to use the service.

Sure it will cost you money, but given that your customers are not being properly serviced anyway, the whole argument about hosting costs is pointless.

At this point, it is all about APAC customer retention. There is no marketing for SWTOR in APAC. Every new player is here because they stumbled on to it by reading a blog or word of mouth from a friend. With 3 servers, they log on to Dar'nala, see the desolation on the fleet and leave the game. You want to provide the best environment possible to increase your customer base, and that is by merging servers.

Having 3 servers for the sake of 3 servers is not a sensible business case when it splits the population base so much that it depresses your existing customers and drives away new ones.

Esno's Avatar


Esno
01.11.2013 , 05:15 PM | #1843
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
I suspect that either there is some contract on the APAC server hardware that is preventing them making a decision till 12 months is up, or that there is no one willing to make any call till after the F2P results are stable after school holidays.
If this is the case why dont they unknot their fingers and type us a message to state the fact, it MAY settle the masses a little
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

Cheezfriend's Avatar


Cheezfriend
01.11.2013 , 05:30 PM | #1844
shame bioware shame.

Absolute disgrace you wont address this, you have no excuse to not make comment about this issue.

Lets get to 2000 replies ppl and keep the pressure on.

Ignicity's Avatar


Ignicity
01.11.2013 , 07:25 PM | #1845
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
EDIT as at 20 NOVEMBER 2012

BW have acknowledged this in state of the game.
http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-...%93-state-game

Other posts created regarding this issue.

From the Master Dar'Nala Forums
http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-...%93-state-game - Server Comparison Stream
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=551489 - A fix our server post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=553925 - F2P predictions on MDN
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548862 - Where MDN players wish to xfer
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=557065 - The state of MDN's population

From the Gav Daragon Forums
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548025 - Great post showing how bad APAC is
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=535007 - Low server Population issues
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=551490 - A fix our server post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=552138 - The affect of F2P on server
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548870 - Where Gav D players want to xfer
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=544764 - Another APAC population post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=546257 - Guild summit to help their population

I havent included posts from Dalborra's Forums in this edit as they are doing OK'ish.

Other SWTOR Forums Posts
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...26#post5453726 - Transfers when????
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=558933 - Plans for Master Dar'Nala
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - Game changes for APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - Server xfer request
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - BW lack of care for APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - Low APAC pops
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - Dont roll on APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - Low APAC population

The list can go on and on and on... I think I have linked enough

STOP IGNORING US

**Ok end edit - Bioware I eagerly await your reply.**

Hello Bioware

I have created this post in an effort to consolidate all the recent posts contibuted by the APAC/Oceanic server communities regarding the current rapid decline in population on Master Dar'Nala (PvP) and Gav Daragon (RP). It appears the population is OK but not large on the Dalborra (PvE) server.

I need to make it clear that the APAC/Oceanic community are extremely grateful for having the opportunity to have servers in our region but through no fault of our own the population has rapidly declined over the past few months.

From my reading of the forums and discussions online with the players, these are the main issues affecting APAC servers.

1. The servers Master Dar'Nala and Gav Daragon are rapidly declining in population and it is affecting the SWTOR experience by people that play on these servers.

2. Most of the APAC/Oceanic community are in favour for merging servers together by either consolidating all three servers into a "super server" or allowing us to transfer/merge to a nominated APAC server.

3. The APAC/Oceanic Community are upset at the lack of communication from the Bioware development team in regards to future plans of our server.

There are many more issues however I believe these are the 3 priority ones that need to be addressed by the Bioware Development team. Sadly we recently had an extended maintenance period where the APAC servers were down for over 8 hours and not even a patch was implemented. The rest of the world got merged together were given "super servers" and even got 4 additional character spots. We got nothing.. Players raised their concerns in this thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533706

This was the official reply from Joveth Gonzalez the Online Community Manager:

The above was a major let down for our community. I am of the opinion most APAC/Oceanic players are not upset that they couldn't create aditional characters, its the simple fact that we were forgotten about.

Developers please take note. The APAC community would like to see the following:

1. Communication and an official comment from the developers in response to the issues raised by the APAC/Oceanic community. Give us an incentitive to keep playing, I don't think patch 1.4 or F2P is going to save our servers. We would like to know something prior to these being implemented, atleast put us out of our misery if the news for us isnt good so players can make informed decisions about their future with the game. Simply saying soon, or we are not sure is not good enough.

2. Do something about the very low populations on Master Dar'Nala and Gav Daragon. People want to stay on the APAC servers and are more than happy to merge to Dalborra as they have the strongest population.

Here is a list of posts from the APAC/Oceanic Community addressing just some of the issues we want addressed.

Server Consolidation/Mergers/Transfers

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=528523
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=526148
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ghlight=Aussie
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic

Concerns for the future of our servers
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic

General Disregards for the APAC/Oceanic Community Community
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533706
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533373
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=532967

Gav Daragon Concerns
At the time of making this thread no one has posted in their sub forums!!! They really are dying!

Dalborra Dissapointment
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533693
There are many more however they have been lost due to recent forum changes

Master Dar'Nala Concerns
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533742
There are many more however they have been lost due to recent forum changes

I am only just scratching the surface with the above posts. There are lots more, too many to list, these are only the recent ones not to mention the countless amount of threads closed by Bioware due to emotions getting in the way

What you can do as an APAC/Oceanic Player

1. Support this thread!

2. Email Bioware customer service reminging them you are a paying customer and they are not delevering a product on par with the rest of the world. http://www.swtor.com/support/form

3. Continue to raise the issue in the General Forums and support and create new threads in the suggestion forums. http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

4. DO NOT GIVE UP!

My closing thoughts.

As consumers and gamers we have choice. We choose to suport Bioware by paying a subscription fee, however we have the choice to walk away or move onto something else. We have chosen to stick by Bioware and support this great game. Bioware, how about you support us?

Thanks for your time.

<3 Chippy
I like this post, shame its gone unread by EAware for so long.

chewyonthis's Avatar


chewyonthis
01.11.2013 , 10:09 PM | #1846
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
EDIT as at 20 NOVEMBER 2012

BW have acknowledged this in state of the game.
http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-...%93-state-game

Other posts created regarding this issue.

From the Master Dar'Nala Forums
http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-...%93-state-game - Server Comparison Stream
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=551489 - A fix our server post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=553925 - F2P predictions on MDN
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548862 - Where MDN players wish to xfer
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=557065 - The state of MDN's population

From the Gav Daragon Forums
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548025 - Great post showing how bad APAC is
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=535007 - Low server Population issues
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=551490 - A fix our server post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=552138 - The affect of F2P on server
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548870 - Where Gav D players want to xfer
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=544764 - Another APAC population post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=546257 - Guild summit to help their population

I havent included posts from Dalborra's Forums in this edit as they are doing OK'ish.

Other SWTOR Forums Posts
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...26#post5453726 - Transfers when????
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=558933 - Plans for Master Dar'Nala
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - Game changes for APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - Server xfer request
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - BW lack of care for APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - Low APAC pops
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - Dont roll on APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC - Low APAC population

The list can go on and on and on... I think I have linked enough

STOP IGNORING US

**Ok end edit - Bioware I eagerly await your reply.**

Hello Bioware

I have created this post in an effort to consolidate all the recent posts contibuted by the APAC/Oceanic server communities regarding the current rapid decline in population on Master Dar'Nala (PvP) and Gav Daragon (RP). It appears the population is OK but not large on the Dalborra (PvE) server.

I need to make it clear that the APAC/Oceanic community are extremely grateful for having the opportunity to have servers in our region but through no fault of our own the population has rapidly declined over the past few months.

From my reading of the forums and discussions online with the players, these are the main issues affecting APAC servers.

1. The servers Master Dar'Nala and Gav Daragon are rapidly declining in population and it is affecting the SWTOR experience by people that play on these servers.

2. Most of the APAC/Oceanic community are in favour for merging servers together by either consolidating all three servers into a "super server" or allowing us to transfer/merge to a nominated APAC server.

3. The APAC/Oceanic Community are upset at the lack of communication from the Bioware development team in regards to future plans of our server.

There are many more issues however I believe these are the 3 priority ones that need to be addressed by the Bioware Development team. Sadly we recently had an extended maintenance period where the APAC servers were down for over 8 hours and not even a patch was implemented. The rest of the world got merged together were given "super servers" and even got 4 additional character spots. We got nothing.. Players raised their concerns in this thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533706

This was the official reply from Joveth Gonzalez the Online Community Manager:

The above was a major let down for our community. I am of the opinion most APAC/Oceanic players are not upset that they couldn't create aditional characters, its the simple fact that we were forgotten about.

Developers please take note. The APAC community would like to see the following:

1. Communication and an official comment from the developers in response to the issues raised by the APAC/Oceanic community. Give us an incentitive to keep playing, I don't think patch 1.4 or F2P is going to save our servers. We would like to know something prior to these being implemented, atleast put us out of our misery if the news for us isnt good so players can make informed decisions about their future with the game. Simply saying soon, or we are not sure is not good enough.

2. Do something about the very low populations on Master Dar'Nala and Gav Daragon. People want to stay on the APAC servers and are more than happy to merge to Dalborra as they have the strongest population.

Here is a list of posts from the APAC/Oceanic Community addressing just some of the issues we want addressed.

Server Consolidation/Mergers/Transfers

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=528523
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=526148
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ghlight=Aussie
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic

Concerns for the future of our servers
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=APAC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hlight=Oceanic

General Disregards for the APAC/Oceanic Community Community
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533706
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533373
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=532967

Gav Daragon Concerns
At the time of making this thread no one has posted in their sub forums!!! They really are dying!

Dalborra Dissapointment
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533693
There are many more however they have been lost due to recent forum changes

Master Dar'Nala Concerns
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533742
There are many more however they have been lost due to recent forum changes

I am only just scratching the surface with the above posts. There are lots more, too many to list, these are only the recent ones not to mention the countless amount of threads closed by Bioware due to emotions getting in the way

What you can do as an APAC/Oceanic Player

1. Support this thread!

2. Email Bioware customer service reminging them you are a paying customer and they are not delevering a product on par with the rest of the world. http://www.swtor.com/support/form

3. Continue to raise the issue in the General Forums and support and create new threads in the suggestion forums. http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

4. DO NOT GIVE UP!

My closing thoughts.

As consumers and gamers we have choice. We choose to suport Bioware by paying a subscription fee, however we have the choice to walk away or move onto something else. We have chosen to stick by Bioware and support this great game. Bioware, how about you support us?

Thanks for your time.

<3 Chippy
I like this post too.
Use the fork Luke not the spoon.

OGsam's Avatar


OGsam
01.12.2013 , 01:06 AM | #1847
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
shame bioware shame.

Absolute disgrace you wont address this, you have no excuse to not make comment about this issue.

Lets get to 2000 replies ppl and keep the pressure on.
Basically this.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

odonoghuet's Avatar


odonoghuet
01.12.2013 , 01:38 AM | #1848
Played for 6 hours yesterday, 3pm to 9pm, leveled 11-16 on republic, waiting in the groupfinder as DPS and Healer for a Esselles to finally pop. F2P is not making a difference to the functionality of the APAC servers.

Please, could a developer or agent please give us some information that there is a plan underway here?
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

LUCASCASADEIS's Avatar


LUCASCASADEIS
01.12.2013 , 01:49 AM | #1849
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
shame bioware shame.

Absolute disgrace you wont address this, you have no excuse to not make comment about this issue.

Lets get to 2000 replies ppl and keep the pressure on.
i'm sorry bro i hope you get the transfers soon. i am from usa servers but i feel bad about you guys : (

LUCASCASADEIS's Avatar


LUCASCASADEIS
01.12.2013 , 01:58 AM | #1850
how dare you bioware? how can't you give them the ****in' tranfers? i am in USA server but come on! give them the ****in' transfers, you gave it to us why can't they get it? JUST GIVE THEM THE *********** TRANSFERS :Mad: