Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cheezfriend
09.21.2012 , 06:23 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by JcPogi View Post
Server merge will make those players who unsubscribed come back for sure!! This is a win for BioWare/ EA! Not only, it will make us Oceanic players happy because of the healthy server population again, for you guys, BioWare will have more moolah because of the subscriptions!.. It's both a WIN-WIN for all of us.
I think Y'vaine/JcPogi really hits the nail on the head with this comment!

I know Bioware has counter argued they want to give the APAC community the choice of which server they play on but I do think a gamer, regardless of their intentions to RP or PvP would rather be on a well populated server than a server with very low population.

Reble-Dog-Squad
09.21.2012 , 06:27 PM | #102
I just hope that F2P brings more players to our server as we all know that Bioware will not merge our servers until after the first feed back meeting of F2P, they haven't given us our 12 character slots.
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

HauksbokT
09.21.2012 , 06:32 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post

I know Bioware has counter argued they want to give the APAC community the choice of which server they play on but I do think a gamer, regardless of their intentions to RP or PvP would rather be on a well populated server than a server with very low population.
Better yet,

No one on Master D cares at all if it's not a "PvP" server.

Nobody even ganks, or anything that would effect any form of way that would detriment our game play being on a PVE server.

Alot of Dalborra q's for PVP, and alot of Master Dar Nala PVE.

denpic
09.21.2012 , 06:35 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post

I find the argument their making under the guise of choice to be counter productive by offering choice of server type
They have made the issue of population worse
The apac region gamer population especially Aus Nz is quite small compared to other regions
And already spread thin across many games and regardless of your preferred server type 3 servers are unnecessary in this region

MatlockW
09.21.2012 , 07:09 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.
A layperson's casual observation of Imperial fleet populations should really be enough to promote the developers to act... Doesn't really take an in-depth analysis and board meeting to figure this one out.

Bocek
09.21.2012 , 07:23 PM | #106
Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.
Thanks for the update Joveth. When you guys conclude your evaluation please don't sit on for months, please report your findings to us. Even if it is something we will not like. You guys tend to sit on things that are negative and then drop them on us at the last moment. Imo this just makes it worse.
Arali - Sorcerer Chalka - Powertech
Bocek - Juggernaut
<Mecrosa Order> - Sith Empire - Dalborra

Pruslas
09.21.2012 , 08:07 PM | #107
/signed

Tom_the_Narwhal
09.21.2012 , 09:11 PM | #108
Thanks Joveth (I'm the guy who tweeted you, thanks for listening).
Tomthenarwhal
Ihaveabiggun Issues Cicolluis Tomthenarwhal
Fioria Fanta-Pants
Gm of <Legit>

DropbearSW
09.21.2012 , 09:16 PM | #109

Thanks again.
Thanks for an official reply at least...

I am borderline on staying with this game (having been with it since pre-release) but I REALLY want to feel like I have a future with it ..

I feel a server merge, or a transfer option to super-servers is really ALL I need to feel like there is a reason to stay.

Please also be aware that *I* consider the 12 slot thing a non issue. Im happy with the existing 8 if it means you do something VERY SOON to address the server population issue.
Master Dar'Nala
Talon (50 Sorc), Psi-Ko (50 Mara), Mash (50 Op)
<BOSS>

hesseltii
09.21.2012 , 09:20 PM | #110
Hello,

I'm the GM of Praxium, one of the largest guilds in the Imperial side on Gav Daragon. I think I can speak on behalf of my guild when I say that I fully agreed with this thread, something needs to be done about the low servers populations or else the APAC will end up being empty.

I know that Praxium, like most of the larger guilds, has lost many good players due to this issue, people are unsubbing because there is simply nothing to do, when we can barely pull together a group for something like HM Denova, when PVP sometimes only pops a few times a night, and you have to premake groups for your random HMs or else they don't pop. That's not an MMO...

I'm glad to see that this thread has gained the attention of the moderaters, and I am interested to see where this issue goes from here. I'm half expecting they're just gonna give us paid transfers to Dalborra when F2P comes out, which I don't think is an acceptable solution.

And as many people have said before, people on the RP server would generally rather play on a more popular non RP server where of course they can still RP, than stick to a dying RP server just for the sake of it. I'm sure the situation is also similar for the PVP server.

Cheers,
arachan.