Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Caiphus's Avatar


Caiphus
11.16.2012 , 08:31 AM | #1011
Caiphus supports this initiative! Caiphus doesn't usually talk in the third person.

Bottcobco's Avatar


Bottcobco
11.16.2012 , 11:15 PM | #1012
Logged into Gav D for the first time in a few weeks to see what the population looked like after FTP. Suffice it to say I think these servers are a lost cause. 14 people on the Republic Fleet at 4PM on a Saturday afternoon. My re-rolled toon on the Harbinger was on the fleet and there were four instances running. As much as I wanted a server merge, at this point I just want these servers to close so that I can have my toons moved to The Harbinger. Who's going to pick Gav as a FTP server when there are no players anymore?

ChuangTzu's Avatar


ChuangTzu
11.17.2012 , 12:17 AM | #1013
At about 11am this morning on Dalborra there were 80-90+ ppl on Tython, which was really good to see. Although we'll have to give it 2-3 weeks to see the effects on the fleet population.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

PurpleCliff's Avatar


PurpleCliff
11.17.2012 , 12:19 AM | #1014
As far as I've seen, there's tons of people in Section X and on starter planets. Gauging population by fleet numbers (or any one zone, to be honest) is a very rough art.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Cheezfriend's Avatar


Cheezfriend
11.17.2012 , 12:55 AM | #1015
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
As far as I've seen, there's tons of people in Section X and on starter planets. Gauging population by fleet numbers (or any one zone, to be honest) is a very rough art.
Not on the imperial side... F2P has had a minimalist impact on Master Dar'Nala. Please prove me wrong purplecliff. I have been doing checks all day on the starter planets... pathetic at best. Most 50s I have seen on is 71 today.

Sunday night will be busy because of ranked warzones, but thats mostly because people leave their US server toons to play ranked on MDN.

The only good thing about this is its only a matter of time until BW must do something.

lollie's Avatar


lollie
11.17.2012 , 01:09 AM | #1016
Tons of people on Dalborra now. Currently all leveling around the 15+ mark.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

_______________________

scullzomben's Avatar


scullzomben
11.17.2012 , 01:11 AM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
Tons of people on Dalborra now. Currently all leveling around the 15+ mark.
Would love to know what your "tons of people" is.

Harbinger had 4 instances of Tyhton about 2 hours ago.

lollie's Avatar


lollie
11.17.2012 , 01:14 AM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
Would love to know what your "tons of people" is.

Harbinger had 4 instances of Tyhton about 2 hours ago.
Well the US is always going to get more f2p people (more people = more free players) but there's around 100 people (just under/sometimes topping 100) in Dromund Kaas right now.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

_______________________

Cheezfriend's Avatar


Cheezfriend
11.17.2012 , 01:20 AM | #1019
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
Well the US is always going to get more f2p people (more people = more free players) but there's around 100 people (just under/sometimes topping 100) in Dromund Kaas right now.
hence why we should all get force xfered to Dalbora then the option to xfer off if you dont like it to US servers.

lollie's Avatar


lollie
11.17.2012 , 01:22 AM | #1020
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
hence why we should all get force xfered to Dalbora then the option to xfer off if you dont like it to US servers.
Is the rp server as lacking as the pvp server? Pvp servers are usually always the first to empty, just looking at the US pvp server population you can see they're dead too by comparison to pve servers.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

_______________________