Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

question about shock collar and vette romance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
question about shock collar and vette romance

Froogleseven
09.15.2012 , 12:07 AM | #1
hi everyone, im planning on playing my sith warrior as dark until tatooine where i will turn to the light. because of this i want to leave the collar on vette and act like a jerk until that point. If i do this, will i not be able to start her romance? i know i can remove it later but i have no idea if the romance is impossible to achieve if i kept her a slave for that long. also i would intend to shock her.
The Fallen Legion Officer

HellbirdIV
09.15.2012 , 08:26 AM | #2
I think all the romance stuff with Vette occurs after you remove the shock collar, regardless of when you do it.

SupremeLegate
09.15.2012 , 01:54 PM | #3
You'll get to a point where she will ask you to remove the collar, and until you do you wont be able to get past that conversation.

Malles
09.21.2012 , 03:05 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Froogleseven View Post
hi everyone, im planning on playing my sith warrior as dark until tatooine where i will turn to the light. because of this i want to leave the collar on vette and act like a jerk until that point. If i do this, will i not be able to start her romance? i know i can remove it later but i have no idea if the romance is impossible to achieve if i kept her a slave for that long. also i would intend to shock her.
If you keep the collar on and respond to the conversations she'll eventually reach a point where she will refuse to talk to you at all and all conversations with her will end. I recommend you keep it on at least until you finish Act 1; she and another companion you get have a pretty funny conversation. You can always just not answer Vette's conversation quests until then. That's what I did.

In beta you could leave it on and shock her so bad you'd find her crying in the back of the ship. But they took that out so now keeping it on doesn't really change much.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Trollokdamus
09.21.2012 , 03:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
In beta you could leave it on and shock her so bad you'd find her crying in the back of the ship. But they took that out so now keeping it on doesn't really change much.
It seems this game is a shadow of what it's been on beta... first
Spoiler

now this.
Why do they have to get rid of all the cool stuff

Malles
09.21.2012 , 03:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
It seems this game is a shadow of what it's been on beta... first
Spoiler

now this.
Why do they have to get rid of all the cool stuff
Because the true evil in this game comes from the EA marketing team.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

_biddan_
09.21.2012 , 06:29 AM | #7
truer words never spoken
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Wolfninjajedi
09.21.2012 , 07:54 AM | #8
No its because the beta testers, whined and complained how they lost their companions forever and wanted them back, when they knew it was permanent.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Trollokdamus
09.21.2012 , 12:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
No its because the beta testers, whined and complained how they lost their companions forever and wanted them back, when they knew it was permanent.
There are always people who like and who don't like certain features. But they are not developers, they don't make decisions. You can't blame them.
The ones who manage the game and make decisions are devs. They could put a bit more thinking on this issue, they could come up with some sort of a workaround to satisfy both sides. But nah, they prefered to just screw it and move on. Entirely their fault here.

Lionflash
09.21.2012 , 12:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Perhaps a solution could have been to replace killed off companions with droid dummies. Essentially the same exact companion character but some kind of A1-B2 name and no dialogue, just like the ship droid.

The problem with the whole idea of killing a companion is that it's essentially a punishment for roleplaying a character. If it makes sense for a DS Sith to kill off a companion you do so at the loss of all the companion dialogue you won't see ever again.

Spoiler

...of course, that would cost more money and resources and there are already so many companions in the game.