Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fully min/max PvP MM sniper gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Fully min/max PvP MM sniper gear

ParagonAX
09.11.2012 , 10:22 PM | #1
Would anyone be kind enough to post a fully min/maxed set of gear for a MM sniper? I'd really like to find out what to strive for

Thanks in advance!

ParagonAX
09.24.2012 , 08:12 AM | #2
Anyone at all?

Mancer
09.27.2012 , 10:23 AM | #3
I would like to see it too. Was hoping this thread would pan out.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Ryvirath
09.28.2012 , 11:14 AM | #4
As opposed to something like a rage juggernaut or really any other class, sniper has no definitive stat to exaggerate (ie min/max). Unlike many of the other classes which function well off maximizing a guaranteed crit or a specific set of high crit moves a sniper just wants everything.

Crit to 350
Acc to 180
Surge to 275
Cunning to 2050
Rest in power to 700 or so

That should get you a damage pri of roughly 1105-1210

76% surge
39% crit
96% acc

If I were going engineering I'd probably drop the crit by 200 points or so and funnel that into surge and power which would give you some frag grenades that rival smash for aoe effectiveness. Also orbital strikes with a maximum damage potential of 18k per target.

ParagonAX
09.29.2012 , 09:54 PM | #5
Thanks for the great answer. The only thing I'm a little confused about is the accuracy rating. Shouldn't we be OK with 0 accuracy, given that we have the +3% from skills and +1% from companion?

Ryvirath
09.30.2012 , 09:42 AM | #6
I wouldn't want to drop below 96% or else you start risking regular misses. It would also take an absurdly long time to perfect your gear without any accuracy and since crit and surge would have hit soft caps with all the stacking it would ultimately end up being fairly wasteful.

ambitiousapple
09.30.2012 , 10:59 AM | #7
Unfortunately, my PC with access to swtor is broken atm so I can't link a screenshot of all stats (and using that armory tool for each mod/enhancement i've switched would take a long time), but I consider my Gunslinger fully min-maxed WH for PvP.

Essentially, I have traded all mods and enhancements to favour cunning (rather than stacking power, as some may do) as I do not spec into the +3% crit chance skill (thus the need for cunning's secondary stat boost) in favour of reduced grenade cooldowns and aoe dmg buffs. I also find any loss in top end damage by not stacking power negligible (Mainstat Dmg Bonus/Point = 0.2, Power Dmg Bonus/Point = 0.23), as I spec into the 9% cunning increase.

The important stats from memory are:

Cunning = ~2150 (educated guess; i know it's above 2100. I'm not yet running with the new elite warhero weapons)
Expertise = ~3XX (whatever the max obtainable is pre 1.4 minus Red Maxtrix Cube; i run with WH belt + bracers)
Power = ~550
Crit Change = 34.80%
Surge Chance = 76.2X%
Accuracy = 98.90% auto-attack, 108.90% skill-attack (helpful as a MM-spec for making Defense-rating-stackers more manageable. The only accuracy present in my gear is located on the WH Earpiece and Offhand weapon. All other accuracy is gained through Cunning, Aim (datacrons) and the +acc skill in MM tree)
Endurance = ~20.2k buffed

Note: There is notable amounts of Power still existing in my setup. This is due to the need for some secondary stats appearing alongside Power in WH enhancements. (surge etc)

I think it is important to note that since these stats are based on mods and enhancements obtainable from WH level armor and weapons, they can now be improved upon by farming the EWH weapon mods and enhancements thus increasing potential mainstat, endurance and crit chance(?) (im unaware of what enhancements are available in EWH weapons yet). I'm also basing this final note of the assumption that EWH mods and enhancements are available for extraction.

I hope you find this information useful

Experience: valor 100 Gunslinger (SS) + level 46 Sniper (MM)

Sources:
http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-364.html
http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-998.html

Ryvirath
09.30.2012 , 11:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ambitiousapple View Post
Unfortunately, my PC with access to swtor is broken atm so I can't link a screenshot of all stats (and using that armory tool for each mod/enhancement i've switched would take a long time), but I consider my Gunslinger fully min-maxed WH for PvP.

Essentially, I have traded all mods and enhancements to favour cunning (rather than stacking power, as some may do) as I do not spec into the +3% crit chance skill (thus the need for cunning's secondary stat boost) in favour of reduced grenade cooldowns and aoe dmg buffs. I also find any loss in top end damage by not stacking power negligible (Mainstat Dmg Bonus/Point = 0.2, Power Dmg Bonus/Point = 0.23), as I spec into the 9% cunning increase.

The important stats from memory are:

Cunning = ~2150 (educated guess; i know it's above 2100. I'm not yet running with the new elite warhero weapons)
Expertise = ~3XX (whatever the max obtainable is pre 1.4 minus Red Maxtrix Cube; i run with WH belt + bracers)
Power = ~550
Crit Change = 34.80%
Surge Chance = 76.2X%
Accuracy = 98.90% auto-attack, 108.90% skill-attack (helpful as a MM-spec for making Defense-rating-stackers more manageable. The only accuracy present in my gear is located on the WH Earpiece and Offhand weapon. All other accuracy is gained through Cunning, Aim (datacrons) and the +acc skill in MM tree)
Endurance = ~20.2k buffed

Note: There is notable amounts of Power still existing in my setup. This is due to the need for some secondary stats appearing alongside Power in WH enhancements. (surge etc)

I think it is important to note that since these stats are based on mods and enhancements obtainable from WH level armor and weapons, they can now be improved upon by farming the EWH weapon mods and enhancements thus increasing potential mainstat, endurance and crit chance(?) (im unaware of what enhancements are available in EWH weapons yet). I'm also basing this final note of the assumption that EWH mods and enhancements are available for extraction.

I hope you find this information useful

Experience: valor 100 Gunslinger (SS) + level 46 Sniper (MM)

Sources:
http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-364.html
http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-998.html
That's not really min maxed for damage. You want the 53cunning/39 power mods as they give more damage then the 64cunning/11 power mods (less endurance though). Also the expertise crystals in vibroknife and sniper rifle should be switched out for power ones and you should absolutely be using both WH boundless ages relics. 20k health is nice in engineering, but if you are trying to maximize the amount of damage you can do better. You want to end up with just above 1200 expertise. What is your damage (primary) range?

Cola_
09.30.2012 , 11:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvirath View Post
As opposed to something like a rage juggernaut or really any other class, sniper has no definitive stat to exaggerate (ie min/max). Unlike many of the other classes which function well off maximizing a guaranteed crit or a specific set of high crit moves a sniper just wants everything.

Crit to 350
Acc to 180
Surge to 275
Cunning to 2050
Rest in power to 700 or so

That should get you a damage pri of roughly 1105-1210

76% surge
39% crit
96% acc

If I were going engineering I'd probably drop the crit by 200 points or so and funnel that into surge and power which would give you some frag grenades that rival smash for aoe effectiveness. Also orbital strikes with a maximum damage potential of 18k per target.
As he said snipers are a bit different to other classes with there being no "official" way to min/max. Despite this, there is a few things you can think about.

Accuracy
95% (150 Accuracy) would be the minimum you require. Remember every class has a base 5% or even 10% defence to dodge/resist our attacks. you need 5% so worse case you will in effect be at 85% on normal attacks vs some classes. you mentioned the 1% from companion & 3% from skills, how about 1% companion 1% skills (minimum you can take as a Marksman) 3% (100) from accuracy and now you have 2 free points to spend in your skill trees.

Cunning Crit Surge Power
Cunning as much as possible. Due to diminishing returns I go for 35% crit, (with buff) 75% Surge, & after hitting all other targets rest in power.

Some snipers have gone crazy IMHO and stacked power power power! yes you can get stupid shots off at 8K crit but the amount of times it happens isn't enough to reliably use.

the below link provides some info but I must say I disagree on Imperial Demarcation over Siege Bunker for pvp 60% AOE Damage reduction is amazing.

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/impe...ty-and-details

Ryvirath
09.30.2012 , 12:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cola_ View Post
As he said snipers are a bit different to other classes with there being no "official" way to min/max. Despite this, there is a few things you can think about.

Accuracy
95% (150 Accuracy) would be the minimum you require. Remember every class has a base 5% or even 10% defence to dodge/resist our attacks. you need 5% so worse case you will in effect be at 85% on normal attacks vs some classes. you mentioned the 1% from companion & 3% from skills, how about 1% companion 1% skills (minimum you can take as a Marksman) 3% (100) from accuracy and now you have 2 free points to spend in your skill trees.

Cunning Crit Surge Power
Cunning as much as possible. Due to diminishing returns I go for 35% crit, (with buff) 75% Surge, & after hitting all other targets rest in power.

Some snipers have gone crazy IMHO and stacked power power power! yes you can get stupid shots off at 8K crit but the amount of times it happens isn't enough to reliably use.

the below link provides some info but I must say I disagree on Imperial Demarcation over Siege Bunker for pvp 60% AOE Damage reduction is amazing.

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/impe...ty-and-details
The crit curve really starts at 350 and it does not share a DR with crit % gained from cunning (which starts getting heavy DR at 2200). If you are lethality, you absolutely want a 39-41% crit (that's with self and companion buff) as it directly affects your energy regen. The good thing about that is there's no rate limit on the energy regen that I'm aware of so it's the only spec of any class able to exceed energy restrictions by gear.

If MM or engi you can do whatever and the results will be more or less the same. I've also seen a lot of snipers just go crazy and stack cunning against all reason (matrix cube over boundless ages WH relic for instance) when it's in their interest to choose the option that gets the most power -and- cunning. 2200 cunning is great and all, but if you need to sacrifice 200 of that to get 300 power it's definitely worth it.