Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where can I get head gear at?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Where can I get head gear at?

docmoe
12.19.2011 , 12:48 PM | #1
I am already lv 16 gunslinger without a ship. But I notice others folks with headgear and ear pieces, where do I find them? I am also new to MMO's

Rampant_Durandal
12.19.2011 , 01:18 PM | #2
First good headpiece I recall was a token reward on Tarsis, first earpiece (assuming you aren't a CT) is either going to be a random drop or about 85% of the way through Tarsis.

Least such was the case for me.
Always Shoot First

Braneric
12.19.2011 , 01:19 PM | #3
I think I got my first headgear as a quest reward in the Justicar Sector of Coruscant. failing that make friends with an Armormech/Cybertech and have him craft stuff for you

flem
12.19.2011 , 01:25 PM | #4
Group quests and flashpoints, basically. I helped a Jedi get a sweet hat last night from Hammer, and got one of my own from Fall of the Locust.

Of course, good *looking* hats, I dunno, the smuggler hats start out pretty horrible (the first one makes you look like one of the masked Russians in BF3).

Also, as Armormech, the standard recipes don't include headgear for a while... so at your level it's not likely to help.
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone Tauntauns!

Lorgrin
12.19.2011 , 01:49 PM | #5
Yep, you get a hat that makes you look like an egghead for doing missions in the Justicar area. I wore it for a while until I got an awesome blue +Cunning headband while doing the Enemies of the Republic heroic. Now I can see my sweet hairstyle again.

docmoe
12.19.2011 , 02:29 PM | #6
Thanks guys, I purchase this as a newbie to mmo's. I still figuring stuff out. But everyone is so helpful here.

TheOldHermit
12.19.2011 , 03:18 PM | #7
FYI. There is an option under UI preferences to hide headgear. You still get the stat bonuses but neither you nor others can actually see the headgear.

I immediately turned this setting on after I put on the hat obtained from the justicar area and saw how awful it looks. My large-framed smuggler has an awesome set of dreadlocks and that hat hides his hair and makes it obvious how horribly out of proportion his head is to his body/shoulders.

powerconverter
12.19.2011 , 03:36 PM | #8
I did some peeping of previews of some of the smuggler hats. Most of them look like this:

http://www.movievillains.com/images/butcher.jpg

StealthNerf
12.19.2011 , 05:31 PM | #9
Visit the auction house. I did, and now all the quest rewards for headgear are pointless because my crafted one is so good.

Atayin
12.19.2011 , 09:52 PM | #10
Where IS the auction house?