Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server names and what they represent!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Server names and what they represent!

Atomiccaa
12.20.2011 , 02:48 AM | #21
Force Kin
Anchorhead-Sith
Squadron 14-610

Venan
12.20.2011 , 02:57 AM | #22
Jung Ma was a lightsaber combat technique. It was essentially a 360 degree spin, which built power for an imminent attack against an opponent. It differed from the jung technique in that jung is a 180 degree turn, and differed from the shun technique in that two hands were used for jung ma, while a one-handed grip was used for shun.

Form IV, also known as Ataru, "focused on application of and smooth transition between the three axes of rotation in a three-dimensional space," known as the su ma. These three axes were somersaults (ton su ma), cartwheels (en su ma), and spinning (jung su ma). Thus spinning attacks such as jung ma were commonly employed by practitioners of Ataru such as Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Obi-Wan Kenobi in his padawan years.

It is notable that techniques such as jung ma and shun may be further developments of the Falling Leaf technique, which involved "spinning on one's feet to 'slash from the sky.'"

Personally I forgot what Jung Ma stood for, so looking it up made me love the name of my server; Ataru has always been my favorite lightsaber form next to Jar'Kai/Niman.
Jai-Ko Venan ::: :::
Eternal Vigilance ::: Recruitment Thread ::: SWTOR Guild HQ ::: :::

erei
12.20.2011 , 04:11 AM | #23
Mantle of the Force
and Brianna during beta.
Truth is, I don't know what my server name mean.

hawrekaka
12.20.2011 , 06:58 AM | #24
The Ravager Republic navy centurion battleship during the mandalorian wars.