Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server names and what they represent!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Server names and what they represent!

Pseudolo
12.19.2011 , 12:42 PM | #1
Hi! I play on Vrook Lamar. It's the name af a Jedi Master character from a KOTOR game, but also the pet headcrab of the funny HL2 doctor was Lamar! I've seen many server names that are meaningless to me, so I would like to know the story behind server names! Go on, post your server and a brief explaination of it's name!

Itek
12.19.2011 , 12:51 PM | #2
I play on Terentatek
Terentatek were creatures which fed off the blood of Force-sensitives, and inhabited caves and tombs strong with the dark side of the Force. Several guarded the entrance to a section of Naga Sadow's tomb.

Terentatek resembled rancors, except they had a number of spines growing from their backs and a pair of flaps, or tusk-like projections attached to their mouths. They also had massive claws (four to a hand). The tusks and claws of a terentatek were highly venomous. It was theorized that they were once rancors, subjected to mutations by the Sith. When the dark side was weak in the galaxy, terentateks could hibernate and remain dormant for many years, only to return when the dark side was strong again.

Picture of one below-
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...ntatek_TOR.jpg

One of the coolest server names imo

Pseudolo
12.19.2011 , 02:06 PM | #3
I played the beta on Terentatek!

Xim-the-Despot
12.19.2011 , 02:16 PM | #4
Shadow Hand

Shadow Hand was a title given to the second-in-command of a Sith Monarch. It was also used as another term for apprentice. Darth Malak made Darth Bandon his Shadow Hand after thinking he killed Revan.

Later, the reborn Emperor used the name for his plan to take over the galaxy: Operation Shadow Hand.
Account Created Date: 10.22.08
Ordered CE on 7.21.11

Pharmakon
12.19.2011 , 02:42 PM | #5
I play on Rubat Crystal:

Rubat was a type of crystal used in the construction of lightsabers, also known as lightsaber crystals. The planet Phemis was the only known source of rubat.

When placed in a lightsaber's crystal chamber, rubat sharpened the appearance and definition of the blade, allowing its wielder to easily track the blade and strike opponents properly. The crystal would also help its wielder attack faster.

BenjaminminU
12.19.2011 , 04:08 PM | #6
I play on Bao-Dur, famous for maintaining the Ebon Hawk in KOTOR II and can also be trained to be a jedi guardian. He also has a cybernetic arm.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Snausage
12.19.2011 , 04:37 PM | #7
A Space Slug, if I recall correctly, is the thing that Han Solo accidentally landed the Millennium Falcon inside in The Empire Strikes Back.
F I S T U L A
Sith Sorcerer
Space Slug (PVE)

Akento
12.19.2011 , 04:44 PM | #8
Saber of Exar Kun

The sith lord known for finding the schematics for the double bladed lightsaber and bringing it back into the known galaxy.
"The dead never lie."

FlashbackJon
12.19.2011 , 04:52 PM | #9
Sanctum of the Exalted

Home, apparently, to the ancient Sith artifact Ludo Kressh's pedicure set. I kid you not.
Adoko Kooba, Sith Marauder
Republic Mercy Corps | Imperial Mercenary Corps

Explorer 80, Socializer 80, Achiever 33, Killer 7

Branch
12.19.2011 , 04:52 PM | #10
Malken Branch - 55 Vanguard
Pax Republica
Prophecy of Five