Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game keeps losing connection

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game keeps losing connection
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stealios
09.02.2012 , 09:50 AM | #1
SInce this afternoon my game keeps losing the connection to my internet and thus logging me out.
However my internet connection itself remains perfectly untouched and I can even type this message while the game just disconnected me again.

Would love to get solution to this and no it's not my firewall or antivirus that is blocking it.
EDIT: I already tried repairing installer & also reinstalling the entire game. Both did not work

Tirvaak
09.02.2012 , 10:48 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Stealios,

I was wondering if you could clarify whether it is logging you out to the character select screen or is it crashing to desktop?

If it is crashing, do you receive any error messages when this happens. What have you been doing in game when these crashes occur?

How are you currently connecting to the internet(wired or wireless)?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Stealios
09.02.2012 , 10:54 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Stealios,

I was wondering if you could clarify whether it is logging you out to the character select screen or is it crashing to desktop?

If it is crashing, do you receive any error messages when this happens. What have you been doing in game when these crashes occur?

How are you currently connecting to the internet(wired or wireless)?

Thanks.
It's logging me out to the server select screen with error: 9000
It first started while i was in the middle of a warzone just standing at a turret in Civil War.

My pc is connect by wire

Stealios
09.02.2012 , 11:33 AM | #4
Ofcourse it could be just a one-day thing & it's my internet provider that hates me, but was just wondering if this issue has happened to other people as well.

Kinsbane
09.02.2012 , 02:01 PM | #5
Happening to me as well.

VigDiath
09.02.2012 , 02:03 PM | #6
Happened to both me and my wife. Didn't bother checking server status since I was coming into work, but I assumed it was because it's labor day and everyone is at home.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

OrangeWarrior
09.02.2012 , 02:33 PM | #7
I am having the exact same problem, back to the server select screen with error code 9000

I have a couple of friends that also play and this has been happening to them to, I have had it three times tonight and it is seriously making me think on subscribing to the game at all!

I have had it happen several times previously on different days, it seems to have started since the last major update.

Get it sorted - you do not expect this sort of service delivery from a pay per month game!

Roalmo
09.02.2012 , 03:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OrangeWarrior View Post
I am having the exact same problem, back to the server select screen with error code 9000

I have a couple of friends that also play and this has been happening to them to, I have had it three times tonight and it is seriously making me think on subscribing to the game at all!

I have had it happen several times previously on different days, it seems to have started since the last major update.

Get it sorted - you do not expect this sort of service delivery from a pay per month game!
This has been an on again, off again problem for the game, since the beginning. They do seem to be in denial about it. Sad state of affairs.

prolifick
09.02.2012 , 08:21 PM | #9
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...52#post5084052

This has been happening to thousands of people.

MasterWxman
09.02.2012 , 09:09 PM | #10
Okay. I'm not the only one! I haven't been able to connect to the game servers for 15 hours or so.
A.E.S.K Achiever 67%, Explorer 67%, Socializer 33%, Killer 33%