Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sawbones PVP gear?

Truescopes
12.16.2012 , 01:37 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lulzbot View Post
Mind telling me what gear you use? I've looked at every single set there is right now, and I cannot find a combination that gives that high of power with that much expertise. If Expertise were no option, sure, but I cannot see it.
It's just fully optomised war hero, going for the lowest endurance pieces, with the highest crit/power on them. Then I use power crystals instead of expertise crystals. (Those stats are fully buffed)

Aerilas
12.16.2012 , 02:13 PM | #22
Mind telling me what gear you use? I've looked at every single set there is right now, and I cannot find a combination that gives that high of power with that much expertise. If Expertise were no option, sure, but I cannot see it.
Im a bit late in replying, but you didnt specify your HPS again, only your TOTAL heals, which means ****.

Also, you didnt adress the fact about bursthealing. High healing is good, but not if you cant burst someone alive which can mean SO much to teams.

Running ranked does not mean anything more than being in it. Only distracts you from your healing job. yet without UWM this doesnt matter much i guess.

The reason more surge and crit wont help me is because everything is on the HIGH cap already. Surge, Crit, Alacrity.
And the rest i poumped in power.
You want to know my stats?
75%surge, 38.5% crit, 674.2 bonus healing, 19.65k hp. and 266 alacrity meaning 1.75UWM casting time. There's nothing I can dump the alacrity in. Oh, and 1208 expertise. And I have nearly the EXACT same stats as the previous poster. I can post my gear aswell if you want

Sorry, i have no doubt youre a good healer, but i can not agree on never using DS and UWM.
And I do realize how much SRM is worth.
But again, no bursthealing for you
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Lulzbot
12.16.2012 , 05:21 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
Im a bit late in replying, but you didnt specify your HPS again, only your TOTAL heals, which means ****.

Also, you didnt adress the fact about bursthealing. High healing is good, but not if you cant burst someone alive which can mean SO much to teams.

Running ranked does not mean anything more than being in it. Only distracts you from your healing job. yet without UWM this doesnt matter much i guess.

The reason more surge and crit wont help me is because everything is on the HIGH cap already. Surge, Crit, Alacrity.
And the rest i poumped in power.
You want to know my stats?
75%surge, 38.5% crit, 674.2 bonus healing, 19.65k hp. and 266 alacrity meaning 1.75UWM casting time. There's nothing I can dump the alacrity in. Oh, and 1208 expertise. And I have nearly the EXACT same stats as the previous poster. I can post my gear aswell if you want

Sorry, i have no doubt youre a good healer, but i can not agree on never using DS and UWM.
And I do realize how much SRM is worth.
But again, no bursthealing for you
Actually, again, the burst healing I get is from three different skills. EM, SRM and KC. There are many times I'll be alone with a tank, so what I do is run close to him, throw out KC and then reapply both of the SRMs to us. I'll stay aggressive using Blaster whip and sabotage charge on his target to burn them down faster, and if it's a tank guarding someone else tanky, I'll throw up a DOT on them both too. I also usually use the slowing cybertech grenade to help with damage + kiting.

Then, all of my burst is done when they hit 30% with the free heals I get from EM. Since I always have DPS on me, I don't have the chance to cast, not even for a second. If I DO cast, then while my cast time is a full two seconds for UM, it will almost always crit for 5k, but the chance I'll cast that is slim to none. Maybe an average of 2 times per warzone.

I go for Cunning and power first and foremost, but at the same time I keep my endurance high so I can survive to high DPS. I think a scoundrel is best used as a healer who never casts, and instead spends that time doing damage/slowing/stunning the DPS/Tanks targets and keeping other DPS off the other healer who may have to cast. Now, with the EWH, there is a way I can lose a good deal of surge for power, and I'm going to be a happy panda.

Aerilas
12.16.2012 , 05:34 PM | #24
Actually, again, the burst healing I get is from three different skills. EM, SRM and KC. There are many times I'll be alone with a tank, so what I do is run close to him, throw out KC and then reapply both of the SRMs to us. I'll stay aggressive using Blaster whip and sabotage charge on his target to burn them down faster, and if it's a tank guarding someone else tanky, I'll throw up a DOT on them both too. I also usually use the slowing cybertech grenade to help with damage + kiting.

Then, all of my burst is done when they hit 30% with the free heals I get from EM. Since I always have DPS on me, I don't have the chance to cast, not even for a second. If I DO cast, then while my cast time is a full two seconds for UM, it will almost always crit for 5k, but the chance I'll cast that is slim to none. Maybe an average of 2 times per warzone.

I go for Cunning and power first and foremost, but at the same time I keep my endurance high so I can survive to high DPS. I think a scoundrel is best used as a healer who never casts, and instead spends that time doing damage/slowing/stunning the DPS/Tanks targets and keeping other DPS off the other healer who may have to cast. Now, with the EWH, there is a way I can lose a good deal of surge for power, and I'm going to be a happy panda.
im going to stop arguing with you. that is NOT bursthealing, im talking about BURSThealing. I do that **** too, but last try.
for example attacking phase voidstar. they dont have a chance of attacking you since the defending team usually gets killed really rapidly, leving you to freeheal. if they do however get some dps together they usually focus 1
target and he gets burned fast/. your tactics dont heal him enough, i can whip 9k in 1 second if i want. cast UWM and EMP, if it both crits. thats burstheal. that saves lives.

I simply abuse SRM and KC on cooldown, but i also throw other heals.EMP i use until i have 1 stackof upper hand left.

anyway done iwth you,. simply dont agree.

scoundrels survival shouldnt be dependant on hp, but on skill to survive.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Lulzbot
12.16.2012 , 07:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
im going to stop arguing with you. that is NOT bursthealing, im talking about BURSThealing. I do that **** too, but last try.
for example attacking phase voidstar. they dont have a chance of attacking you since the defending team usually gets killed really rapidly, leving you to freeheal. if they do however get some dps together they usually focus 1
target and he gets burned fast/. your tactics dont heal him enough, i can whip 9k in 1 second if i want. cast UWM and EMP, if it both crits. thats burstheal. that saves lives.

I simply abuse SRM and KC on cooldown, but i also throw other heals.EMP i use until i have 1 stackof upper hand left.

anyway done iwth you,. simply dont agree.

scoundrels survival shouldnt be dependant on hp, but on skill to survive.
not sure what teams you fight against, but I always have DPS on me at all times to kill me. If a team doesn't have DPS on a healer, then LOL. Simple as that.

Try playing against some teams that focus healers, and you'll see what I'm talking about. And also, when I'm on the attack phase, I do more attacking than healing, since staying alive isn't as critical. Flybys/stuns/mezzes/cyber nades are what wins those rounds in addition to the SRM heals.

EDIT - Last WZ I did I had taken 456k damage.

EDIT again - and that's not even ranked. On ranked WZs I'll take 500k+

LordZym
12.17.2012 , 03:57 AM | #26
I have over 1300 expertise and thats a mix of elitewhero and regualar switched enhances for some alacrity i still hit over 400k heals and thats with less than 1800 cunning.

All teams should be focusing healer maybe you just stand in plain view of everyone and heal don't make it obvious or they know your one of the few who heals so when they see you they just go for you. what sever re you on?

post your spec via torhead.
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701MffrzGoRdsZ0cZG.2 my heal spec
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701McbZGhMRddRdGRZo.2 my dps spec i change the 1 and 7 round often sometimes putting a few points in damage reduction

Aerilas
12.17.2012 , 04:34 AM | #27
not sure what teams you fight against, but I always have DPS on me at all times to kill me. If a team doesn't have DPS on a healer, then LOL. Simple as that.

Try playing against some teams that focus healers, and you'll see what I'm talking about. And also, when I'm on the attack phase, I do more attacking than healing, since staying alive isn't as critical. Flybys/stuns/mezzes/cyber nades are what wins those rounds in addition to the SRM heals.

would still love to hear your HPS records, with proof, since you keep ignoring this part
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Truescopes
12.17.2012 , 04:44 AM | #28

Ofcourse we get focused too. That doesn't stop you from casting completely though, you can use stuns as well as fakecasts to get off a lot of heals. The way you're healing just will not keep anyone alive against even average dps.

Lulzbot
12.17.2012 , 06:36 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Truescopes View Post
Ofcourse we get focused too. That doesn't stop you from casting completely though, you can use stuns as well as fakecasts to get off a lot of heals. The way you're healing just will not keep anyone alive against even average dps.
That's why my team typically beats almost every single team we face, and why I outheal virtually every other healer on my server. That is, I win when I run with good teams. I'll run with some noob teams who lose on occasion just to give them advice.

And here's my SS of me doing over a million in heals. Where is yours? But wait... it's impossible to heal if you get endurance instead of alacrity isn't it?

Also notice, this is before I was done min/maxing, so I'm missing about 100 expertise and 100 power in this, with an odd amount of cunning. I can give more 1 mil screens if needed.

http://i.imgur.com/y9Law.jpg

And look at the DPS on their team. One almost 900k and two almost 700k. That's 'mediocre' isn't it?

oaceen
12.17.2012 , 06:58 AM | #30
who gives a **** about 1m total heals?
the other healer did 935k

your civil war match went to 10-0. i don't think anyone is really impressed by 1m total heals anymore when they're really long matches like that. btw, you only did about 800 HPS, which is the stat that matters.

and btw, you can't trade surge or alacrity for endurance on enhancements. you trade crit or power.