Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sawbones PVP gear?

LordZym
12.16.2012 , 10:51 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lulzbot View Post
In addition, you do NO healing while you are dead. Since a scoundrel is best at using skill that require no casting, you can stay on the move, and even if someone is attacking you, they have nothing to interrupt while you are healing. And especially since burst damage is so high, you want to maximize your health, if for no other reason that you have a bigger window to be at 30% or below, so you have your free heal to spam even more.
couldnt be more worng the only instant heals we have are kolto, slow med and instant. discounting cleanse. You can't pop instant with out using normal slow pack to gain upper hand and without upper hand you can't generate enough energy to use any heals. But also you can't use the scan unless u are still so you theory is flawed. The only way to stay still as little as possible is to reduce the loading time by boosting alacrity.

If anything your burst issue is a rotation one not skill. You should may more use of distraction dirty kick and flash bang

Aerilas
12.16.2012 , 11:03 AM | #12
Seeing people go for endurance and 0 alacrity explains SOOOO much about healing numbers people get in warzones. I'm always on top, often doubling allt he other healers, sometimes even getting more heals than others combined (3 others or so).
Gear does alot, and gearing that way (full endurance, no alacrity) is a big factor of it.

Either way, OP, I hope my gearing post helped.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper) - Raelisa (Operative) - Micaiah (Sorcerer)
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Lulzbot
12.16.2012 , 11:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
and yes, alacrity is good.
my rwz team would never take me if i didnt have enough alacrity.
its ESSENTIAL for bursthealing.

you cant heal effectively on hots and EMP alone
Uhhh... I've done 1.2 million in heals without casting a single ability. By that I mean using cast bars. And I used to RUN ranked WZs teams, not just be in them. lol.

Now, if you're going to be casting UM, then yes. You'd use alacrity. By why in the world would you ever do that? If the enemy team is doing their job, you'll always have DPS on you no matter what, so it will be interrupted 100% of the time, which means the alacrity you would have is worthless. Instead, it would be better to have surge or crit (because I get the +47ish [pretty sure that's the stat] enhancements for the more health, so I have a bit more to choose from) so that means your HOTs and your EM will heal for me. And again, run a parser when you heal in a WZ next. You will be shocked at how much SRM out heals EVERYTHING you have. I know I was.

And again, the extra health, it's more than 2k, also keeps you between 0-30% longer, which means more free heals for you to be able to cast with no bars. Which means more free healing while you are kiting and keeping your tank alive as well.

You might see things differently, but I have almost 100 days on /played on one toon, and I was AFK for the past three months. lol :P If you don't believe me, again, just run parsers and check the data for yourself.

As for me, I will keep stacking endurance, because I WILL be focused, and I will keep going for zero alacrity since for me it is worthless.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordZym View Post
couldnt be more worng the only instant heals we have are kolto, slow med and instant. discounting cleanse. You can't pop instant with out using normal slow pack to gain upper hand and without upper hand you can't generate enough energy to use any heals. But also you can't use the scan unless u are still so you theory is flawed. The only way to stay still as little as possible is to reduce the loading time by boosting alacrity.

If anything your burst issue is a rotation one not skill. You should may more use of distraction dirty kick and flash bang
I don't even have DS on my hotbars. If I need a proc of UH and I don't have it, which is rare since I keep SRM up on at LEAST three targets I use blaster whip on the closet target, since it almost always hits for 3k and helps in getting someone off me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
Seeing people go for endurance and 0 alacrity explains SOOOO much about healing numbers people get in warzones. I'm always on top, often doubling allt he other healers, sometimes even getting more heals than others combined (3 others or so).
Gear does alot, and gearing that way (full endurance, no alacrity) is a big factor of it.

Either way, OP, I hope my gearing post helped.
And I use alacrity in PvE since I need to cast then, but I don't use it for PvP since I will be interrupted by any team worth their salt.

LordZym
12.16.2012 , 11:45 AM | #14
Scrap out blast whip chuck some stuns in its place. A team with any salt would spec correctly to reduce all knock backs and use stuns to counteract interrupts.....

Truescopes
12.16.2012 , 12:22 PM | #15
The gains you are getting from surge at any point after 76~ is simply not worth it, if you are not using a single cast heal you are doing it wrong. If you have problems keeping yourself alive with 19k hp once again, you are doing it wrong. Even if you wasn't to cast often the gain you get from alacrity is so much more than surge after you hit 300~ rating.

I'm pretty sure everyone has games over 1 million healing, they don't prove anything.

Lulzbot
12.16.2012 , 12:33 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Truescopes View Post
The gains you are getting from surge at any point after 76~ is simply not worth it, if you are not using a single cast heal you are doing it wrong. If you have problems keeping yourself alive with 19k hp once again, you are doing it wrong. Even if you wasn't to cast often the gain you get from alacrity is so much more than surge after you hit 300~ rating.

I'm pretty sure everyone has games over 1 million healing, they don't prove anything.
How does alacrity help me at all when I do not cast ANYTHING? It does NOT make your HOTs proc faster, otherwise it WOULD be useful. All it does is make the ONLY heal you would cast, UM, cast faster. Which also means you run out of energy faster and cannot keep SRM up on more targets.

And in a "good" team environment, you're going to have the majority of your DPS on their healer and one tank with maybe a DPS on your to protect you. Sure, things can switch up, but still, against good teams, you won't cast. There are ranged interrupts and the 'best' DPS classes have them.

The majority of ranked teams I used to play against ran three Powertechs and one Marauder DPS. That's four interrupts and they can chain them to be every single second, faster than your GCD time. Yes, not even DPS will always be on you, unless you're the only healer but in that 8-man environment you would usually have another healer.

And if a healer cannot keep themselves alive, no. They are not "doing it wrong" all it takes is two geared PTs on someone, and that's over 14k worth of damage in five seconds. If you try to cast during that time it will also be interrupted. Add in a marauder's buffs and another DPS on you, and no amount of healing would keep you alive, but more health gives your other healers and your skills time to heal you.

And I agree about the soft caps. I do my best to avoid the caps for surge and crit, but I'd rather have more of those skills than a single point in alacrity and then more endurance. Also, I do use my stuns too, I even spec to have a lower CD on my stun and lower cost and I even run faster after using it.

EDIT - and here's some numbers for you. With my "horrible gearing" I still have 368 power and 1868 cunning and that is UNBUFFED with 1884 endurance to back it up. After I'm done min-maxing, I'll have closer to 430 power with 2k+ endurance.

And again, this is for PvP, with PvE you DO need alacrity.

Truescopes
12.16.2012 , 12:44 PM | #17
How does alacrity help me at all when I do not cast ANYTHING? It does NOT make your HOTs proc faster, otherwise it WOULD be useful. All it does is make the ONLY heal you would cast, UM, cast faster. Which also means you run out of energy faster and cannot keep SRM up on more targets.

And in a "good" team environment, you're going to have the majority of your DPS on their healer and one tank with maybe a DPS on your to protect you. Sure, things can switch up, but still, against good teams, you won't cast. There are ranged interrupts and the 'best' DPS classes have them.

The majority of ranked teams I used to play against ran three Powertechs and one Marauder DPS. That's four interrupts and they can chain them to be every single second, faster than your GCD time. Yes, not even DPS will always be on you, unless you're the only healer but in that 8-man environment you would usually have another healer.

And if a healer cannot keep themselves alive, no. They are not "doing it wrong" all it takes is two geared PTs on someone, and that's over 14k worth of damage in five seconds. If you try to cast during that time it will also be interrupted. Add in a marauder's buffs and another DPS on you, and no amount of healing would keep you alive, but more health gives your other healers and your skills time to heal you.

And I agree about the soft caps. I do my best to avoid the caps for surge and crit, but I'd rather have more of those skills than a single point in alacrity and then more endurance. Also, I do use my stuns too, I even spec to have a lower CD on my stun and lower cost and I even run faster after using it.

EDIT - and here's some numbers for you. With my "horrible gearing" I still have 368 power and 1868 cunning and that is UNBUFFED with 1884 endurance to back it up. After I'm done min-maxing, I'll have closer to 430 power with 2k+ endurance.

And again, this is for PvP, with PvE you DO need alacrity.
Yes, if you have that many dps on you, you will not be able to cast but as you said yourself you will also die, there are plently of times in a warzone you are able to cast freely and in those times you should be casting. There is no way you can keep a tank alive in huttball without using a single cast bar. So, yes, alacrity will benefit you more.

That's great, I have 1950 cunning, 941 power and 1,650 endurance.

Lulzbot
12.16.2012 , 01:10 PM | #18
Yes, if you have that many dps on you, you will not be able to cast but as you said yourself you will also die, there are plently of times in a warzone you are able to cast freely and in those times you should be casting. There is no way you can keep a tank alive in huttball without using a single cast bar. So, yes, alacrity will benefit you more.

That's great, I have 1950 cunning, 941 power and 1,650 endurance.
lol, and what is your expertise? Mine is at 1227. That is alot of power, but that's coming from mostly PvE gear I'll bet, and you need some expertise in order to survive.

Truescopes
12.16.2012 , 01:19 PM | #19
lol, and what is your expertise? Mine is at 1227. That is alot of power, but that's coming from mostly PvE gear I'll bet, and you need some expertise in order to survive.
1,208 expertise.

Lulzbot
12.16.2012 , 01:33 PM | #20
1,208 expertise.
Mind telling me what gear you use? I've looked at every single set there is right now, and I cannot find a combination that gives that high of power with that much expertise. If Expertise were no option, sure, but I cannot see it.