Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sawbones PVP gear?

MOKSound
08.31.2012 , 04:49 PM | #1
Ladies and Gentlebeings!

I've just hit 50 with my sawbones, having leveled with that spec, and having done a fair amount of pvp until then, and thus I have 2000 WZ comm's stocked up. And I have no idea what to spend it on.

How should PVP sawbones be gearing? Are there particular items to go after first?
I've seen numbers on other threads regarding target range for cunning, crit, surge, expertise... And I assume that has no relevance to me at the moment since I have no pvp gear yet. What handful of items ought to be my priority?

Any thoughts on the broader topic would be appreciated!

TheHarvester
08.31.2012 , 04:52 PM | #2
The entire Battlemaster and War Hero Field Medics set should be exactly what you need.
Jedi Covenant

MOKSound
08.31.2012 , 04:53 PM | #3
But it seems packed with alacrity. I was under the impression that wasn't especially helpful. That we wanted crit, and surge.

ObiJuanShenobi
12.14.2012 , 07:56 PM | #4
Any word on this? I'm full WH field medic geared sawbones healer. Is this set the best way to go or do I need to be switching certain peices out to be more effective as a healer?
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Lulzbot
12.15.2012 , 01:24 AM | #5
I customized my gear to contain zero alacrity. I'm using two PvE pieces, an ear piece (That's the Black Hole one) and an implant. (hazmat or something.)

I also pulled out all of the enhancements that contained alacrity and the one that had +2x endurance, for the ones with +4x endurance.

I cast UM maybe 1-2 times for an entire WZ, as most of your healing will be from SRM and EM, you don't need Alacrity at all, it's a worthless stat. Instead, go for endurance and cunning first, then power, then crit, then surge.

With the WH, I think there is an enhancement on a commando item you can use, or a sage on. I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to log on to look. lol.

but yeah, the default stuff for the scoundrel healer is pretty bad.

Aerilas
12.15.2012 , 01:11 PM | #6
I'll try to give a short summary of what you'll need.

-Get the Mender Implants and the Trapper earpiece, WAR HERO. The Elite war hero pieces are worse than the WH ones. AND this way its easier to get BIS.
-Get 113/120 Power Relics (WH/EWH)

-Furthermore, to gear all the rest (all other gear needs mods and or enhancements).
This is in the long run. Start off with a set of Full War Hero Field Medic gear, everything. Boots, Gloves, Legs, Chest, Head, Belt, Mainhand, Offhand, Bracers. Although, I personally went with Enforcers Bracers. The stat difference is very minimal though, negligible if youre not aiming to have everything perfect.

-inbetween these 2 steps you might decide to go for EWH gear. up to you. youll be geared slower, but you dont have to do double the work

-After youve gotten this gear, start Remodding. You'll want power/alacrity enhancements and crit/surge enhancements, with LOW endurance and HIGH stats. This means getting mods from OTHER AC's' gear. All we get is for example 23/53 pow/alacrity, while others might get 41/53. Look around in the shops for this.

I cant spell every little step out for yhou cuz this post would be immense, but this is what its about.
Aim to get 75 surge%, 38ish crit%, and put the rest in power and alacrity, with a minimum of 250 and maximum of 300 alacrity so you dont lose too much power.

Hope this helped
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Lulzbot
12.15.2012 , 10:12 PM | #7
I disagree with the previous poster about Alacrity and Endurance.

I go for max endurance and ZERO alacrity. Why? The two skills that will do 90% of your healing in PvP use zero alacrity. ZERO. If you don't believe me, start parsing your PvP matches while you keep SRM up on your targets and see how much it heals.

In addition, you do NO healing while you are dead. Since a scoundrel is best at using skill that require no casting, you can stay on the move, and even if someone is attacking you, they have nothing to interrupt while you are healing. And especially since burst damage is so high, you want to maximize your health, if for no other reason that you have a bigger window to be at 30% or below, so you have your free heal to spam even more.

I can give you some more actual math tonight, but if anything, try to go for NO alacrity. It's horrible. After that, endurance and cunning are the most important. Then it's power. I currently have 23k health on my scoundrel, and I'm not done getting EWH gear, much less minmaxing.

I also have 4 screenshots of my doing over a million in heals, so I can back up my knowledge with proof.

Aerilas
12.16.2012 , 04:18 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lulzbot View Post
I disagree with the previous poster about Alacrity and Endurance.

I go for max endurance and ZERO alacrity. Why? The two skills that will do 90% of your healing in PvP use zero alacrity. ZERO. If you don't believe me, start parsing your PvP matches while you keep SRM up on your targets and see how much it heals.

In addition, you do NO healing while you are dead. Since a scoundrel is best at using skill that require no casting, you can stay on the move, and even if someone is attacking you, they have nothing to interrupt while you are healing. And especially since burst damage is so high, you want to maximize your health, if for no other reason that you have a bigger window to be at 30% or below, so you have your free heal to spam even more.

I can give you some more actual math tonight, but if anything, try to go for NO alacrity. It's horrible. After that, endurance and cunning are the most important. Then it's power. I currently have 23k health on my scoundrel, and I'm not done getting EWH gear, much less minmaxing.

I also have 4 screenshots of my doing over a million in heals, so I can back up my knowledge with proof.
A million in heals is nothing spectacular. If you call that proof then what isn't. Proof is HPS, not total heals. Talk to me when you get 1300 hps
I'm going to go into a discussion wiht you and i hope we can keep it civil.

I disagree on the endurance for this 1 reason: A good scoundrel stays alive whether or not he has 2k more endurance. If in RWZ they do decide to burst you down, you go down despite the 2k extra health. I and many other scoundrel healers i know prefer the extra healing they can put out over the long run than that bit of hp that MAY OR MAY NOT save you once in a match.

About alacrity, the reason i pump alacrity in there is because the only other stat I could get besides it is surge. No other enhancements exist but by getting either surge or alacrity as 2nd stat (the big one) on enhancements
The reason i dont go for extra surge is that i already have 75%. Hence, alacrity.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

LordZym
12.16.2012 , 05:24 AM | #9
Alacrity is essential i'm sorry but in pvp your better off having constant medium heals to massive pumped ones they don' t come often enough to have any good impact. Maintaining heals is better for control situations especially when someone is hitting over 5k. Plus you can get more heals off and probably do more healing than one single big heal plus you'll have more upper hands to use so you can constantly pop emergency heal if someones chasing you they soon give up.

Aerilas
12.16.2012 , 06:51 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LordZym View Post
Alacrity is essential i'm sorry but in pvp your better off having constant medium heals to massive pumped ones they don' t come often enough to have any good impact. Maintaining heals is better for control situations especially when someone is hitting over 5k. Plus you can get more heals off and probably do more healing than one single big heal plus you'll have more upper hands to use so you can constantly pop emergency heal if someones chasing you they soon give up.
and yes, alacrity is good.
my rwz team would never take me if i didnt have enough alacrity.
its ESSENTIAL for bursthealing.

you cant heal effectively on hots and EMP alone
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd