Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Perhaps Wookie specie imposible

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Perhaps Wookie specie imposible

Cordelia
08.26.2012 , 07:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
im not saying that the game wouldn't be more fun with a yoda race, a wookie race, jawa race, etc.

but when you base an MMO on an existing IP, you have to follow the rules of whoever owns that IP. I hear the devs have to submit every single piece of content they make to lucas arts. they said they've had content rejected because a big rock was in the wrong place on one of the planets.

that's the sacrifices you make when basing a game on an existing IP. But what is 'fun' to some can seem blasphemous to diehard fans
Normally I would agree when you have an established IP you should remain as faithful to it as possible. However, sometimes for sheer popularity and fun factor it is worth bending rules slightly. I see no problem with Wookiees, in fact I would love them to be ingame. It certainly wouldn't be immersion breaking to see them in various roles.

Just to mention also if there is one game that truly does have to stick to lore it's LotRO. But even there they created the Rune Keeper class which was very much pushing the lore to it's limits, basing it on Galadriel.

Vandicus
08.26.2012 , 07:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
Normally I would agree when you have an established IP you should remain as faithful to it as possible. However, sometimes for sheer popularity and fun factor it is worth bending rules slightly. I see no problem with Wookiees, in fact I would love them to be ingame. It certainly wouldn't be immersion breaking to see them in various roles.

Just to mention also if there is one game that truly does have to stick to lore it's LotRO. But even there they created the Rune Keeper class which was very much pushing the lore to it's limits, basing it on Galadriel.
A. Wookiee is a flat out NO for force using classes because George Lucas said no more wookiee jedi ever. EVER.
B. Bioware doesn't want to implement wookiees or any other very non human race because they want to keep the romance options open&simple.

I honestly would not care personally if they were added in. I just don't see it happening.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Bethmora
08.26.2012 , 08:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
i mean, there aren't wookies jedis, only the son ( i think) of chewacca was jedi

i think we should be able to play wookies. As it is BW is just rewriting star wars their way. So give us wookies, get ride of voice over on missions and there ya go.

FourTwent
08.26.2012 , 08:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post

dont get me wrong. i think it would be fun. i dont ever see me rolling a wookie sorc, but the idea is fun.

i also think it'd be fun to queue for LFG and be matched up with people from the opposing faction to complete a flashpoint. but i dont ever see it happening. it's all on the backs of lucas arts though.

it doesn't matter if every single person who plays the game wants to be able to play as a wookie, it's all reliant on getting the green light from the big wigs

TheBetty
08.26.2012 , 09:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
A. Wookiee is a flat out NO for force using classes because George Lucas said no more wookiee jedi ever. EVER.
B. Bioware doesn't want to implement wookiees or any other very non human race because they want to keep the romance options open&simple.

I honestly would not care personally if they were added in. I just don't see it happening.
I might find it a little disturbing to see one of the companions making out with a wookie lol

Furry fetish hahaha
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

dacentabaal
01.09.2013 , 09:08 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Need I say more... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tyvokka
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

sithuprising
01.09.2013 , 09:12 PM | #17
there is a wookie jedi youngling in season 5 of starwars: the clone wars.

the light saber making droid mentions that its rare and hes only seen a few. the wookie also uses a wood that is as hard and strong as metal to fashion his light saber.

Vitas
01.09.2013 , 09:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
i mean, there aren't wookies jedis, only the son ( i think) of chewacca was jedi
No there were more and one was before the events of SWTOR:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gungi
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kirlocca
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lowbacca
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruhr
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tyvokka
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Altyrell
01.09.2013 , 09:37 PM | #19
The Romance Comment by former BW Employee Daniel Erickson was a JOKE that was made during a Booth Chat and wasn't actual policy. That said, the reason why having Wookiees as a Playable Species won't happen is the fact that they don't speak Basic and it was stated that all Playable Species must speak Basic. Not to mention that if they were allowed they would either only be able to be done like Bowdaar with no armor shown OR would require Equipment with Customized Appearances similar to what SWG did for the Wookiees.

Which, if anyone who actually played SWG will remember that Sony gave Wookiee Players very little equipment and the only equipment that they could wear that showed up would either make them look like everyone else [Trooper-esk Armor] and the Jedi Attires.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ricktur View Post
except nihilus was alive before the events of swtor so being able to get his mask after his death seems more feasible than before his death right?
Plus, iirc they've stated that the Nihilus/Revan Masks/Attire that are on the Cartel Market are replicas. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that those stuff were replicas

cashogy
01.09.2013 , 09:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
i go safari with corki but the mana golem kill me to easy
sword in box?
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads