Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

Crawelc
08.31.2012 , 01:09 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
And any top Marauder will tell you that you have wayyyyy too much Accuracy. That is just plain overkill.
The only way to shave any of that acc is to go with surge over it, with 75% crit multiplier seems that the min maxing would make the extra damage from bypassing defence greater than the extra crit damage from surge due to the heavy DR after 75%. Im just looking for answers not trying to argue. It just looks like those points in acc would be wasted as surge.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

M_Ngc
08.31.2012 , 02:00 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Just looking over your build I would say you are low on acc for ataru form. Also looking at your spec Enraged Assault is a waste of 2 points IMO I never find myself rage starved as carnage, but this may be because I put those 2 points into Cloak of Carnage instead. My other stats are almost identical to yours 1137 primary damage 651 bonus with the stim, difference is that my crit is 29.9 and my acc is 105.4. I have 1853 str with the stim.

Edit: My bad I have 1117 primary and 631 bonus because I changed my power crystals for crit to get up to almost 30%, but I may go back on that after some testing.
Agreed on the accuracy, i think you can drop a little surge for a little bit more accuracy afterall as carnage 99% of our damage is weapon damage and all it takes is one obfuscate to hurt our dps

As for enraged assault vs cloak of carnage, in ranked as a mara you're basically a non target its pointless to target a mara in ranked. They'll just force cloak, shout to their healer, and now they're back up. Most of the top tiered teams learn to just CC mara's instead making those two points in cloak of carnage not as good as enraged assault (in ranked).

Also, i still fully believe in full expertise build. The 1200 expertise build just leaves you too squishy and once a top tier team realizes this all it takes is chain cc'ing you before you can pop defensive cd's and you're dead. I can't tell you how many times ive survived while being focused WITHOUT undying rage with less than 1k hp while saving a node.
Chea
Retired 3.1k Marauder
<Casual>
Prophecy of the Five

M_Ngc
08.31.2012 , 02:02 PM | #33
The only way to shave any of that acc is to go with surge over it, with 75% crit multiplier seems that the min maxing would make the extra damage from bypassing defence greater than the extra crit damage from surge due to the heavy DR after 75%. Im just looking for answers not trying to argue. It just looks like those points in acc would be wasted as surge.
i think you can up your surge to 76-77%
Chea
Retired 3.1k Marauder
<Casual>
Prophecy of the Five

Xerain
08.31.2012 , 02:56 PM | #34
I dont use battering assault as damage i use it as a rage builder, maybe I am shorting myself.
Yeah I use it for a rage builder too... Why waste the rage? you can do more damage that way.

Xerain
08.31.2012 , 03:06 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by M_Ngc View Post
Also, i still fully believe in full expertise build. The 1200 expertise build just leaves you too squishy and once a top tier team realizes this all it takes is chain cc'ing you before you can pop defensive cd's and you're dead. I can't tell you how many times ive survived while being focused WITHOUT undying rage with less than 1k hp while saving a node.
2% damage and like 1% damage reduction or like 4-6% more damage is your choice.

Crawelc
08.31.2012 , 05:33 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Yeah I use it for a rage builder too... Why waste the rage? you can do more damage that way.
Ill give it a shot
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Blasphemerr
09.01.2012 , 07:20 PM | #37
I'm probably missing something or skimmed over it; Why do you gear crit so low? 25% buffed seems terrible.
Something pretentious.

Megatfx
09.02.2012 , 05:20 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
I'm probably missing something or skimmed over it; Why do you gear crit so low? 25% buffed seems terrible.
Because Force Scream has a 100% crit so it's about making that FS hit as hard as possible. 25% crit buffed is still very reasonable, I also have all 4 class buffs.

I have a screenshot of a force scream crit with bloodthirst + red bubble critting a guy for 6796. It was gorgeous, so close to 7k! A Force scream crit at nearly 7k....

Blasphemerr
09.02.2012 , 01:48 PM | #39
so one ability every 9 seconds is worth the loss of 10-15% crit rate in exchange for x power? I don't see it.
Something pretentious.

Megatfx
09.02.2012 , 01:57 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
so one ability every 9 seconds is worth the loss of 10-15% crit rate in exchange for x power? I don't see it.
Then nobody can help you. You're setup will never outdps my setup. Crits don't mean **** when they don't hurt. The amount of Power you give up to have "10%-15%" more crit means your force scream crits are hitting for 3.5-4k wheras mine are going from 5k-6k.