Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

Megatfx
02.18.2013 , 12:08 PM | #111
The guide has been updated.

Enjoy

Dawginole
02.20.2013 , 11:31 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
The guide has been updated.

Enjoy
Thanks for the update Mega, but as of 2.0 we are all going to be screwed. If you guys get your Elite set min/maxed, then you should go ahead and start working toward a 4 piece set of Elite War Hero Weaponmaster.
You'll need to just keep the shells for trade in on the new gear that will come out with 2.0.

According to the patch notes, the set bonuses are being altered on PvP Weaponmaster gear. The 2 piece set bonus is essentially the same, a reduction in the CD on Guarded by the Force, but it will now also give a 1sec added duration to the ability.

The big change though is that instead of a reduced distance for Dispatch, the 4 piece set bonus is being altered to what we all are going after with these Vindicator sets, the 10% bonus damage after Force Leap.

So at 2.0 you will want to move from Vindicator back to Weaponmaster so that you now have two useful set bonuses instead of just the Force Leap damage buff.

Since we will be wanting the armorings with this new bonuses out of the new gear, then you can go ahead and RE everything in the Elite Weaponmaster pieces, and just keep the shells in storage for trade in when 2.0 launches, and stay in your Elite Vindicator until that time.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Megatfx
02.22.2013 , 04:00 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
Thanks for the update Mega, but as of 2.0 we are all going to be screwed. If you guys get your Elite set min/maxed, then you should go ahead and start working toward a 4 piece set of Elite War Hero Weaponmaster.
You'll need to just keep the shells for trade in on the new gear that will come out with 2.0.

According to the patch notes, the set bonuses are being altered on PvP Weaponmaster gear. The 2 piece set bonus is essentially the same, a reduction in the CD on Guarded by the Force, but it will now also give a 1sec added duration to the ability.

The big change though is that instead of a reduced distance for Dispatch, the 4 piece set bonus is being altered to what we all are going after with these Vindicator sets, the 10% bonus damage after Force Leap.

So at 2.0 you will want to move from Vindicator back to Weaponmaster so that you now have two useful set bonuses instead of just the Force Leap damage buff.

Since we will be wanting the armorings with this new bonuses out of the new gear, then you can go ahead and RE everything in the Elite Weaponmaster pieces, and just keep the shells in storage for trade in when 2.0 launches, and stay in your Elite Vindicator until that time.
No dude, the vendors for the current WH and EWH gear are gone in 2.0. You don't need to keep your shells or start farming Weaponmaster gear now because they won't be required to buy the first tier of PvP gear in the expansion.

It's an increased level cap, gear is being reset. You will hit 55, start doing warzones to grind out the equivalent of "War Hero" currently on live, and then start working on getting the equivalent of "EWH". When you hit level 55 of course you will need to start going for the Weaponmaster Equivalent. This guide is for current live game, I suspect the game will be like this for at least a month.

Yes, the set bonus' are being altered, WEAPONMASTER WILL BE BETTER and I encourage everyone to buy WEAPONMASTER over Vindicator come 2.0. But you do not need to farm it now. Right now you should be getting RWZ and Regular Warzone commendation capped so you can buy a lot of gear right as soon as you hit 55.

I REPEAT, YOU WILL NOT NEED TO TRADE IN ELITE WAR HERO SHELLS FOR THE FIRST TIER OF PVP GEAR IN PATCH 2.0. EVERYTHING WILL BE DONE FROM SCRATCH.

Qeuzolt
02.22.2013 , 06:05 PM | #114
] Right now you should be getting RWZ and Regular Warzone commendation capped so you can buy a lot of gear right as soon as you hit 55.

I REPEAT, YOU WILL NOT NEED TO TRADE IN ELITE WAR HERO SHELLS FOR THE FIRST TIER OF PVP GEAR IN PATCH 2.0. EVERYTHING WILL BE DONE FROM SCRATCH.
Do you plan on leveling through PVE? I personally hate most all PVE content, I know capping comms will be useful, but wont you be wasint some comms during the leveling process unless you go straight PvE, or do you just plan on buying med packs and crap to burn comms in the mean time? I wish they would let us just buy the 55 gear. Just to stare at it in your inventory till u get there, but i guess i can see the problems with that since many people already have multiple characters with capped comms, they could buy min/maxed ranked gear sooner with legacy and have one character outgear everyone for a long time. But still i know leveling alts just starign at the gear in my inventory makes me want to level faster
Mirth [The Bastion US] Original Bastion-ite
I quit 2/23/12

idnewton
02.22.2013 , 09:51 PM | #115
No dude, the vendors for the current WH and EWH gear are gone in 2.0. You don't need to keep your shells or start farming Weaponmaster gear now because they won't be required to buy the first tier of PvP gear in the expansion.

Wrong. Shells can be traded in for the new commendations in 2.0.

In regards to this thread though, yes, Carnage is buffed in 2.0 but not on the scale that Annihilation is.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 19 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Megatfx
02.24.2013 , 12:31 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Wrong. Shells can be traded in for the new commendations in 2.0.
First you said you needed to turn in your Weaponmaster shells to get the new weaponmaster, now you're saying this. I'm going to give you several reasons why you're wrong, and hope everyone who read your replies come back and read mine.

You can't trade ANYTHING for commendations in 2.0. Show me where I can do that? You can't because you aren't on the PTS.

I know that because you'd know that there are no "New" commendations. It is regular Warzone Commendations and Ranked Warzone Commendations.

You should also take a look at the patch notes before you start blurting out stuff you've overheard incorrectly from your guildies. You're massively misinforming anyone reading your posts.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=600569

Show me and everyone else in this forum where we can do what you have mentioned, or that there are new commendations. New commendations do not exist, they are exactly the same as on live. Warzones on PTS give the SAME commendations as on live.

If I was anyone reading this post, bank 4500 RWZ comms, and 2750 regular warzone commendations and not be concerned if you bought Vindicator's on live, you DO NOT NEED TO BUY WEAPONMASTER NOW.

The expansion is a gear RESTART.

idnewton
02.24.2013 , 03:07 AM | #117
you said you needed to turn in your Weaponmaster shells to get the new weaponmaster
I never said this. Quote it, please.

You can't because you aren't on the PTS.
Just who do you think you are to tell me whether or not I'm on the PTS?! I have eight 55s on the PTS.

New commendations do not exist, they are exactly the same as on live.
You're right. Basic commendations do not exist, nor do classic commendations, planetary commendations, elite commendations or ultimate commendations. Smooth fail, bro.

You can't trade ANYTHING for commendations in 2.0
There is a vendor next to the elevator on the Mission Deck of Ziost Shadow Shuttle called Sergeant Drev who not only gives classic commendations in exchange for gear, but also warzone commendations. But according to you, I haven't been on the PTS, so i wouldn't know that.

You're massively misinforming anyone reading your posts.
You're accusing me of misinformation? My posts contradict yours, and have not been disproven. Until they are, that makes you the one who is spreading misinformation. The single fault I made was my forgetting that shells themselves cannot be traded in for commendations, only unassembled gear can. Forgive me for having a human memory.

You should also take a look at the patch notes before you start blurting out stuff you've overheard incorrectly from your guildies.
I read the patch notes completely, and I'd hardly use the word 'blurting' to describe my logical disintegration of everything you thought you knew about this.

You do realize I don't hold anything against people who admit their fault, nor do most other people. It shows both maturity and a desire to improve. You might learn something, you know.

idnewton
02.25.2013 , 03:15 AM | #118
Show me and everyone else in this forum where we can do what you have mentioned
Consider yourself shown.

Megatfx
02.25.2013 , 08:39 AM | #119
Consider yourself shown.
The commendations I was talking about are the ONLY ones that matter. Who gives a **** about PvE commendations when this is a thread referring to PvP.

"Wrong. Shells can be traded in for the new commendations in 2.0."

idnewton
02.25.2013 , 10:55 AM | #120
Hmm... the OP of a thread in the Marauder forums without a PvP designation in its title is slamming me for not talking solely about PvP, and does not care about anything PvE related. This thread specifies Advanced Class and spec, but not PvP. Have it moved to the PvP forums, where it belongs.

"Wrong. Shells can be traded in for the new commendations in 2.0."
And I quote:
The single fault I made was my forgetting that shells themselves cannot be traded in for commendations, only unassembled gear can.
I tried, bro, I really did. Did it ever occur to you how much I must have cared to have posted all that information about augments? You can't disprove it. But you won't accept it. Hey, if maturity isn't your thing, that's fine, but theres no reason to flame on me for trying to help you. Believe me, helping you is not a mistake I will repeat.