Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is there goin to be a chapter 4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
is there goin to be a chapter 4

AhsokaTanorules
08.28.2012 , 02:33 AM | #21
I thought they said Makeb would have new story for characters.

Temeluchus
08.28.2012 , 04:29 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
I thought they said Makeb would have new story for characters.
It will. A recent interview with Hall Hood,the new lead writer, had him likening story content to the Marvel superhero movies like Iron Man,Thor,The Hulk etc and The Avengers. Basically, the leveling class story was the individual "movie" and new story content will be more encompassing of all the classes and group story centric like the Avengers was.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

chuixupu
08.28.2012 , 12:28 PM | #23
I've had the impression from prior interviews that the actual writing for Makeb was done a long time ago. I would be inclined to believe any shifts in writing style would be beyond that. But who knows.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

CrusherKing
08.28.2012 , 03:53 PM | #24
I sure as hell hope so. If there wont be a chapter 4 than i will get really dissapointed cause i loved the jedi knight and warrior story.

TalkingDinosaur
08.28.2012 , 04:01 PM | #25
I want to say I doubt story will be on the back burner because this game's drive is on story.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

grandmthethird
08.28.2012 , 05:53 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
I want to say I doubt story will be on the back burner because this game's drive is on story.
That was the case with DEV team 1, but this is DEV team 3. And this team seems less interested in the RPG element of the game
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

imperialmerc
08.28.2012 , 06:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
That was the case with DEV team 1, but this is DEV team 3. And this team seems less interested in the RPG element of the game
Well then if that is the case once I finish my Warrior and if they refuse to make Kel Dor a playable race for my Jedi Knight they have lost another subscriber. PvP isn't enough to keep me playing and I only want to do Flashpoints/Operations once.
Lagro level 55 Mercenary Sezzid level 55 Vanguard
Cezzid level 55 Operative Tuckeer level 30 Gunslinger
Snefru level 55 Sith Juggernaut Kell'ia level 23 Jedi Sage
Liadra level 14 Sith Assassin You're going down

chuixupu
08.28.2012 , 07:04 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
Where did you get that idea?

grandmthethird
08.28.2012 , 08:20 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Where did you get that idea?
2 things

In all the work force restructuring the writers seem to have been hit hard, the guy that used to be head writer for the republic is now head of all writing. That is just one known example of how the writing team has changed

At gamescon there was that interview with the guy saying the main drive for now is OPs, flashpoints and warzones

I hope I'm wrong. But think of it this way. New people have been put in charge to change the fortune of this game, there is a good chance the direction of the game is also changed. The first DEV team tried to put the RPG into MMORPG, now there gone. It makes sense the new team are here to take the game back in a more conventional direction

The game is not a charity it has to be profitable. All the changes made are surely to do with money. And one really big expense is story
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

chuixupu
08.28.2012 , 09:34 PM | #30
Are they ALL gone, really? I know quite a few have gone, but I didn't see where everyone was replaced. I'm pretty sure for at least time being, they certainly are focusing on Ops and WZs because that's where they are lacking the most. Creating whole chapters of story is likely a very time consuming and expensive venture, so I wouldn't expect to see any significant expansion to that until they they are on the upswing in profits. Assuming they can get there. It's business, I understand their position. However, I haven't seen a reason to believe the entire philosophy/vision of the game has shifted radically to intentionally leaving the story behind. It's been the selling point and one thing that really stands out among all the other MMOs. It's one of the few things that's really keeping a lot of people on board.