Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Adwynyth
05.20.2013 , 06:02 AM | #651
Story: "Sith Happens"
Timeline: Just arrived on Alderaan for "repairs" after the previous post
Prompt: "Worlds Colliding" maybe?
Spoilers: Sith Warrior, especially Ch2 & Ch3; some Agent Ch1

Story so far:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3 (this post)

Spoiler
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

bright_ephemera
05.20.2013 , 08:35 AM | #652
Lodestone Cross My Heart with Wynston and Ruth, set about six years after the class line. 600 words, no game spoilers.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
05.24.2013 , 07:47 PM | #653
Prompt day!

Week of 5/24/2013
The Droids You're Looking For - One of the hallmarks of the Star Wars universe is the presence of droids: astromech, protocol, combat, and more. Write about the droids that support (our hinder) your characters.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
Featured NotLP: Culture Shock. The galaxy is a big place, and it's home to a wide variety of different cultures and species. It's not easy working with someone who may look similar to you, but comes from a radically different culture - not to mention being friends or even spouses with them.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Adwynyth
05.28.2013 , 05:55 AM | #654
Awright, this piece of crap forum software just lost Part 4 of "Sith Happens", so I think I'm done posting for a while.

Consider this a placeholder if I cool down and decide to try to rewrite it.

bright_ephemera
05.31.2013 , 05:41 PM | #655
Week of 5/31/2013
Anniversaries: Some dates are remembered and celebrated; others are remembered and reviled. From the fresh anniversary of something that happened just a year ago to the enduring remembrance of holidays for cultures and nations, people often mark the date and do something to observe the occasion. What anniversaries do your AU characters observe that your canon characters never think to care about, or vice versa? Write about an anniversary or significant holiday in your character's life.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
This week's featured NotLP:
Allies - When something huge is going down, or just when you need a hand, who can you call that you know is going to have your back? Whether it's someone completely unlikely or exactly what you'd expect, who can you ultimately always rely on?
Bright's Fanfic Threads

bright_ephemera
06.07.2013 , 10:52 AM | #656
Week of 6/7/2013
Defenses: Sometimes our characters defend what's theirs. Sometimes they defend the things they care about. Sometimes they're asked to defend things they really don't like. Their choices on what to defend may change in their alternate timelines. Whether in combat or conversation, write about your character's efforts to defend something or someone.

And, as ever,
Confessions - Everybody has things they don't like to admit. Sometimes it's big, sometimes it's just something small. What confessions did your AU characters make, or fail to make, that marked another difference from their canon selves?
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Kitar
06.07.2013 , 05:14 PM | #657
Evening everybody,

Another one with Aric and my SW, hope people don't mind the pairing.
Featured NotLP:Confessions. Well it was a food prompt that kinda morphed itself into a confessions prompt.

A thought occurred to me while I was at my daughter's T-Ball game, I didn't include when this takes place , might be helpful. It happens within a couple days of my World's Colliding Prompt.

There are spoilers for the Pub quests on Coruscant; Boom and Gree: Hydrosupply leak as well as pub Taris, Pirate Medicine. I think those are the only spoilers.

Spoiler

Adwynyth
06.09.2013 , 11:52 AM | #658
Story: "Sith Happens"
Timeline: Just arrived on Alderaan for "repairs" after the previous post
Prompt: "Uninvited Guests" maybe?
Spoilers: Sith Warrior, especially Ch2 & Ch3; some Agent Ch1

Story so far:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4 (this post)

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
06.14.2013 , 03:52 PM | #659
wow, Kitar, you bring out just how creepy those Taris options are.

Now,
Week of 6/14/2013
Mea Culpa - Our characters have probably done a lot of wrong or perceived wrong, one way or another. Sometimes they think an apology is necessary. Sometimes they really don't. Sometimes they may want to apologize even when they didn't do anything. Sometimes the wronged party accepts it; sometimes they reject it; sometimes they're not there to hear it. Did your character make, hear, or miss an apology in the alternate timeline that never came up in their canon unvierse?

And, as ever,
Hidden Talents - All of our characters are good fighters, but people are good at more than one thing. What else are they good at - and how do their friends and family react to learning about this hidden skill?
Bright's Fanfic Threads

bright_ephemera
06.21.2013 , 05:07 PM | #660
Week of 6/21/2013
Animal Kingdom - Animals are all over in Star Wars, be they beasts of burden, metal-devouring parasites, mounts, showcase pets or underfoot vermin. Write about the animals your character has encountered.

And, as ever,
Confessions - Everybody has things they don't like to admit. Sometimes it's big, sometimes it's just something small. Sometimes it's nice to finally let it out. What does your character need to admit - and to who?
Bright's Fanfic Threads