Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

bright_ephemera
03.16.2013 , 03:11 PM | #571
Week of 3/15/2013
To Market, To Market - To tread close to a game mechanic, or perhaps just to enrich/contextualize what game stuff we see: The Cartel Market brings tons of unique weapons, speeders, pets, funny-looking gear, and more to our in-game characters. Do any of those items have a story?

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
03.20.2013 , 07:04 PM | #572
Cross Faction: Goals and Ambitions. Spoilers for Agent Act 3. 600 words.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
03.20.2013 , 10:04 PM | #573
Bright, (darn better tag spoilers)
Spoiler

Kirya and Rixik Uncharted Territiory

A lot earlier episode than I’ve explored recently, special for this prompt. Rixik being uncharacteristically pensive. 700 words. Takes place in mid smuggler chapter one, but spoilers for only a Corso companion quest.

Prompt: To Market, To Market

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
03.21.2013 , 04:52 PM | #574
Twi'leks' role in mainstream galactic culture Also, that last line is brutal. Because we know there's more of truth than of cynicism in it.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
03.22.2013 , 11:15 PM | #575
5TR-IG3S Official Substitute PromptEr, at your service!

Week of 3/22: Myths, Legends, and Heroes.

Everyone grows up with stories. Stories of fantastic people doing amazing things and having wondrous adventures. Our characters are well on their way to becoming heroes to the following generation. So who did your character look at as a role model? Whose footsteps did they want to follow? Whose stories did they read? Whose adventures did they follow on cheesy serialized animated holoprograms? Why are they so special to your character?

Alternately (since we already had a heroes prompt): Oh, Well That’s Awkward.

The class stories are full of interesting coincidences, especially when you take all the companion stories into account. Legacies, as part of the game structure, encourage even more strange situations and relations. So, what’s something about your characters’ legacy or story that makes family get-togethers interesting. Or impossible. Or just really unlikely.

Or check out the always-available Prompt Archive.

Striges
03.24.2013 , 09:58 PM | #576
Back in the original thread, I mentioned I had a crazy notion to make Rixik an agent through a convoluted though potentially plausible series of events. Well, the idea wouldn’t go away, so here are the aforementioned events.

Prompt: What If? (with a healthy dose of coincidence)

Character: Shen (aka Rixik)

Spoilers for Agent storyline through Chapter Two as well as Lokin companion quests. I didn’t bother with translations for the Rodese and Huttese profanity; the intention ought to be clear enough from context and the specifics aren’t vital.

Notes on setup:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Vesaniae
03.25.2013 , 08:22 AM | #577
Striges, I love how you take all of these tiny, seemingly insignificant little details from multiple storylines and synthesize them into something that makes so much sense, it's chilling. Also, I like anything with Jadus being Jadus-y in it, so yeah... I definitely would like more of this story.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
03.26.2013 , 10:10 AM | #578
More Cross Faction: Communication Breakdown. Spoilers for Agent Act 3. 500 words.

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
03.26.2013 , 01:02 PM | #579
@bright I'm cringing, hoping Vector was not assigned to Cipher Nine at _that_ time.

I was wondering if Vector was communing with the nest, but it's not like the Imps really were interested in talking to the Killiks and I doubt Cipher Nine took the time to help Vector with his treaty. That cliffhanger *bites nails* argh!

@Striges I like that Rixik had relaxed his guard just enough around Corso to misspeak. Another small thing he might not have done as canon!Rixik. The last line where he held back on the part about the separatists was another nice touch.

As to Agent!Rixik aaaah I love it love it love it! So good! I had a giggle fit over the Rodese language debacle.

Index up to date

bright_ephemera
03.26.2013 , 01:13 PM | #580
@Striges, I've taken to an awful habit of forgetting to respond to the last two or three story posts before my own. Love the Rixik setup, and I love that this ball of filth - physically described as such - gets the moniker "Cleaner."
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!