Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

bright_ephemera
02.10.2013 , 01:18 PM | #491
I have no problem giggling at Lokin's unceremonious death. Also, Striges, +1 bajillion points for using "paramour" in your recap.

Now,
Week of 2/8/2013
Climate – Our characters visit a dazzling array of planets, moons, and extremely large ships with a wide variety of climates and weather conditions. Write about a time when your character had reason to notice.

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
02.10.2013 , 10:53 PM | #492
Dreams and Nightmares: Vierce's AU, continuing immediately after the last one. 500 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

EverSteam
02.11.2013 , 01:26 AM | #493
Prompt: Hidden Talents and Best Day Ever
Class: Sith Warrior, Trooper, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler
Words: 2000-ish
Spoilers: none except for standard SW Quinn 'incident' references
Warning: Potentially one of the most utterly ridiculous thing anyone has made any of these characters do. It does contain a large amount of singing and dancing. You have been warned and now read at your own risk. (So don't blame me if it's the silliest thing you have ever read and makes you never see any of them the same way again (most likely for worse) (though who doesn't want to read about Quinn dancing to the Backstreet Boys?? ).
Spoiler

Striges
02.11.2013 , 10:24 AM | #494
@ Bright: Reading the AU version right after the canon cave-scene you posted over in the main thread almost hurts. Obviously not planned, since there's no way to know which one a reader would encounter first, but still. Ouchie.

@ Everstream: That was...weird? Silly? Though your multimedia approach does make me want to build a fic around a piece of music. Or find a soundtrack for something I already have. Or...something

Vesaniae
02.11.2013 , 03:08 PM | #495
To my amazement, I somehow managed to push through and start bringing this [many deleted expletives] AU to a close. So. Switchbladeverse, aka that wacky AU where Quinn is the Sith Warrior and Vesaniae's Warrior is a party member. This entry will bring things to a conclusion, then I will post either one or several endings. I have a few ideas and I can't decide which one I prefer, so if I get around to writing some I will post them all!

NotLP - Seasons: Winter, part two. No class story spoilers.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
02.11.2013 , 05:09 PM | #496
@EverSteam Strangely, out of that entire surreal adorable concert, I think the mental image of Corso is going to stick with me indefinitely. Damn, and I'm giggling again.

@Ves Yaaaay! Thank you for releasing a bunch of passages! Also, K'hera o.o

The interesting/difficult/touchy matter
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

EverSteam
02.11.2013 , 05:46 PM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
Warning: Potentially one of the most utterly ridiculous thing anyone has made any of these characters do. It does contain a large amount of singing and dancing. You have been warned and now read at your own risk. (So don't blame me if it's the silliest thing you have ever read and makes you never see any of them the same way again)
@ Striges - see! I gave you clear warning of weirdness and silliness! You still chose to read

*shrug* writing that was on a whim while attempting to listen to all the lamest, happiest songs to forget how depressing, serious and intense my bounty hunter's 'real' life is. Posting it was also a whim that I should have probably questioned and kept in check more but... too late now.

@ Bright -

kabeone
02.11.2013 , 05:59 PM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
@ Bright: Reading the AU version right after the canon cave-scene you posted over in the main thread almost hurts. Obviously not planned, since there's no way to know which one a reader would encounter first, but still. Ouchie.
I got lucky and read the cave one last it was *yay happiness* instead of a gut wound. Also @bright *still ouchie*

@Ves I loved this! I'm also very scared of the idea that the child of two Sith would be born under the Republic/Jedi Council's watchful eye. But yay for updates!

iamthehoyden
02.11.2013 , 08:29 PM | #499
bright - Elara is one of those characters that I just want to hug, consistently in whatever story she happens to be in. I always picture her being one that either spontaneously bursts into hugs that nearly knock you over or the awkward flailing before 'oh, this isn't so bad.' Hugs. Lots of them.

EverSteam, I think I'm scarred lol. Omg, lol.

Ves - Yay for sisters! Curious to see how this wraps up.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
02.11.2013 , 09:19 PM | #500
@ Everstream: Oh, I was warned. And I read it anyway. Like the fool in a horror movie, descending into the basement with nothing but a half-empty box of matches, and despite the fact the deceased owner of the house nailed the door shut and wrote in his journal for the love of God do not go in the basement but there are such interesting sounds coming from down there...

Still. Funny and silly and...bizarre. All the F!character LI together in a boy band? Stuck in my head now. Silly is good. I once wrote Akaavi playing an MMOPRG .

@ Vesaniae: So glad to see a follow-up, that was quite the cliffhanger. I like the sisters coming at the problem from two different sides, and yet neither one really being judgmental. Just there for each other. What a bombshell for poor K'hera, though.

Spoiler