Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

irishfino
01.07.2013 , 11:08 AM | #441
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
And Fino, I like the AU. It is more believable that he'd recognize who the winner was going to be (master strategist, hello) and go with that than the actual events. Makes sense to me.
Plus, Sith are crazy. How does he not see the writing on the wall when the Warrior is sent out to kill Baras' spies? Quinn, I thought you were smart. >.<

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Fino, I love your story title. Can you get it right this time, Quinn? ...Please? We can and will keep running you through this scenario until you stop failing at it. Now, once more, from the top.
I wish he would get it right already. I mean... come on. Just... come on dude.

Thanks for reading!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
01.07.2013 , 11:11 AM | #442
Prompt: NotLP: Allies!
Characters: Malavai Quinn and Athra
Universe: Quick Quinn Quotes
Continued from Once More, From the Top

Stay Useful

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Striges
01.07.2013 , 08:25 PM | #443
@ Irrissa: Oo, a variety of BH AU goodness. "Damage his honor"--I like the mental image of Torian's honor being a tangible thing. Like sculpture, or in his case more like an antique blaster. (Don't touch that! I just got finished oiling it and the fingerprints will show.)

@ Fino: I do like the idea of Quinn being so upfront about swapping sides. No malice at all, just eminently practical.

bright_ephemera
01.11.2013 , 11:46 AM | #444
Struggling to get my brain to do anything interesting of late. Here, a post-Lodestone piece that could fit under any of As Time Goes By, I Love This Bar, or Stomping Grounds. 250 words, no game spoilers.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
01.11.2013 , 06:55 PM | #445
Week of 1/11/13

All right, the Night of the Living Prompt remains active (previous prompts here) for those of us who are late with our ideas!

Cross-pollinating from the SFC Thread we have Health - Jet-setting around the galaxy means exposing yourself to a ton of different viruses, bacteria, and parasites. Let's go, biology nerds! Have your characters encountered any exciting health twists in this AU that their prime universe counterparts never had to deal with? Or were they spared something their opposite number had to live through?

For something new, try Behind the Scenes - Things aren't always as they seem, some events never look obvious, and wherever there's a curtain there may well be a man behind it. Write about what's really going on behind the scenes of your character's story.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
01.11.2013 , 07:57 PM | #446
@Ves I kind of like that Saryn.. in an I-feel-sorry-for-her-but-she's-kind-of-a-****** way.

@Striges I like the contrast between Rixik and Kirya's sides of the story. Both trying to make the other happy while keeping them safe. I love them together but they're both so different. I'd really like to see if Rixik can take Darmas down or at least mess him up

@fino oh you silly quinn's

EverSteam
01.11.2013 , 09:37 PM | #447
Just so I appear everywhere before crawling back into my very comfortable hole...

Prompt: Sacrifice
Words: 500ish
Class: Bounty Hunter (because despite moving on in the game, I remain obsessed with my bounty hunter) and Torian.
No spoilers
An alternate world where after a short fling, Leer decided she would rather sacrifice Torian than her revenge.

Spoiler

And another one...

Prompt: The Seven Virtues (Charity)
Class: BH (of course) and Torian
No spoilers
Words: 600ish

Continuation of my possible Haran series.

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
01.12.2013 , 11:58 AM | #448
Bright - "You know," he informed her, "I'm starting to suspect we're too old for this crowd."
Ah yes, that fun moment when you realize that you've just walked into a bar that's about a decade too young for you. Followed by shaking your head at the little ones' antics, fending off advances from men entirely too young for you, and deciding that the coffee shop across the street would probably be much more fun. Oh wait, maybe this is just me? lol

Eversteam - These two AUs are so different, I think mostly in Leer's character development. In the first, she seems to be heading towards becoming harder and more ruthless, while the second, well d'awwww It's interesting to tie this into your normal universe, where she's a combination of the two. Such an interesting character.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
01.13.2013 , 09:12 AM | #449
EverSteam, I very much like your 'possible' Haran series. In the darker alternate line, the mantra 'This is for the best' is heartbreaking.

Zombie prompt, As Time Goes By, for Lodestone. Or possibly a branch of Lodestone, I don't want to formalize its timeline too far into the future. Anyway, all sources I've seen indicate that a Chiss maximum life expectancy is about 80 years while a human's is closer to 140. 1000 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
01.13.2013 , 12:22 PM | #450
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Ves, if I write up this man's death, I blame you for suggesting it even before Word did.
What? Me? I am innocent, I say! Innocent! Innocent like this innocent Jawa face!

What was that? The lady doth protest too much? I've no idea what you mean...

*cough* Um. Anyway, I really liked this piece, and not just for the thought of impending death and sads I swear! I always find it very interesting to get a look at a pair of characters in their later years. When the adventuring is (mostly) over, and they're starting to slow down, and maybe even be a little surprised and disappointed that they're not the same fresh young heroes that they once were. It was neat to see how Wynston and Ruth are dealing with the issues that inevitably arise from the passage of time.

...and if you write up anyone's death I want to read it.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!