Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

irishfino
01.03.2013 , 08:48 PM | #421
Mm, I'm stuffed full of angst.

And it was delicious.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
01.03.2013 , 09:34 PM | #422
Night of the Living Prompt!: Loyalty and Betrayal
Characters: Malavai Quinn and Athra
Universe: Quick Quinn Quotes

Once More, From the Top

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Striges
01.04.2013 , 12:18 AM | #423
@ Vesaniae: YES!

Ok, now to clarify: This makes sense. K'hera has a reason for doing what she did. A personal reason, something that makes sense given her established background and experience. Excellent follow-up.
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
What was originally just a fun little idea about switching two characters seems to have mushroomed into something rather beyond my control. Silly story.
Stories do that. Especially when they evolve past "What if I do this" and into letting the new characters be characters and not flat reflections. Thank you for not dropping K'hera's AU.

kabeone
01.04.2013 , 03:15 AM | #424
Remi AU: Knightless: Loyalty and Betrayal

Ug. Struggled with this for weeks and gave up. :/ I hope it's not too awful.

SW Ch 3 spoilers

Spoiler

@Ves Yay. I liked that comparison to the Sarlacc, it does make her choice easier to understand. Also, DS Jaesa getting kicked out of bed was pretty fun too).

iamthehoyden
01.04.2013 , 11:21 AM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
@ Vesaniae: YES!

Ok, now to clarify: This makes sense. K'hera has a reason for doing what she did. A personal reason, something that makes sense given her established background and experience. Excellent follow-up.
See, I was going to comment in my own words, Ves, but Striges just bundled my thoughts all together so I'll just say ^

And Fino, I like the AU. It is more believable that he'd recognize who the winner was going to be (master strategist, hello) and go with that than the actual events. Makes sense to me.

Kabe - "Throughout the exchange Pierce's expression had not changed except for a slight crinkling in the corners of his eyes. He was laughing." That man is such a thorn in Quinn's side, even with as little power as he holds, love it!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vesaniae
01.04.2013 , 08:07 PM | #426
I've been deliberating for a good two weeks over whether or not to post this piece, and I suppose I might as well just throw it out there. This is an AU separate from anything else I've posted thus far. The premise is basically, what if the third part of Afterimages did not happen? And then things happen...

Prompt: Night of the Living Prompt, and I'm stealing Parenthood from the main SFC. I love this zombie prompt, it enables my procrastination! This piece contains no class story spoilers.

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
01.04.2013 , 08:16 PM | #427
I thought it was interesting how you brought out A'tro's ties to Sith culture in her reaction to a Force-blind child. She always struck me as one of the more Sithy (if that comes across right) characters I've seen, more grounded in the culture, tied to her roots.
---------------

Striges
01.04.2013 , 08:26 PM | #428
@ Kabeone: Nice twist. I really liked Quinn being clever here, very well done (also nice alternate use of the ‘companion present’ dialog from the canon version!).

So, not to break up the Sith Warrior vibe around here, but here’s a new entry in Uncharted Territory. Contains spoilers for Smuggler Chapters 2 (ish) and 3 (especially). Takes place some time after My Senator, and it might help to review that entry so this one makes more sense.

Prompt: Alternate Views.

Title: Together

Notes:
Spoiler

Rixik’s Version:
Spoiler

Kirya’s Version:
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
01.04.2013 , 08:49 PM | #429
Glad to see activity again!

Fino, I love your story title. Can you get it right this time, Quinn? ...Please? We can and will keep running you through this scenario until you stop failing at it. Now, once more, from the top.

Aiee, kabe. Quinn is so...chillingly...Quinn. And I love the last line.

Ves, I really liked the history and the anger in Saryn's story. The depth of suppressed resentment and sense, conscious or not, of us-against-the world that must have gone into Quinn's rapid acceptance of the realization is as sad as Saryn's decision.

Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
She let him hold her. This wasn’t a gentle, loving embrace. It was a soldier’s hug for his wife before he shipped out on the troop transport.
That, among other things, says so very much about how this relationship has changed since the starting point of Uncharted Territory.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
01.05.2013 , 10:29 AM | #430
Striges - Awww look at him trying to do the right thing in his own Rixik-ish way, hehe. I love this set and how each of them are approaching this. This AU makes me smile
---------------