Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

bright_ephemera
12.11.2012 , 11:34 PM | #381
Lodestone: Communication Breakdown. Thinking through this stuff depresses me (is method writing a thing? like method acting?), so I want to offer some more cheerful material courtesy of the inimitable kabeone. Inspired by a picture of a very happy turtle, we have a reminder that Wynston has tackled wonderful impossible things before and will very likely do so, and prevail, again:

Now, the story! 800 words.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
12.12.2012 , 10:00 AM | #382
Poor Ruth The ability to trust is so hard to regain once it's been shattered, especially for people who refuse not to see reality. And poor Wynston. Him dealing with this emotion thing is so sad and sweet. Just want to hug him. (The reminder that he's good with impossible stuff made me grin. Kabe's pics are always awesome )
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
12.12.2012 , 02:02 PM | #383
Yay Wynston! You save the galaxy ?3? times you can work through feelings I know you can.

bright_ephemera
12.12.2012 , 05:30 PM | #384
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Yay Wynston! You save the galaxy ?3? times you can work through feelings I know you can.
Feelings make total sense! You pick out or induce them as necessary or fun, enjoy them in small intense doses, then get the hell out of Dodge because oh hi there are very interesting things to do elsewhere. At any time, the mildest difficulty is cause to find an alternate solution to the problem at hand then skip right to getting out of Dodge.

Ruth's the one being unreasonable here, being all herself and stuff. And inducing mush in a very careless inconsiderate way. That's just not playing fair.

I never wrote up Wynston's first three galaxy-saving ventures. In fact, I had no idea they'd even happened until while I was writing RMC's final scene. Author favorite? Who? Huh?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
12.12.2012 , 11:39 PM | #385
Archives and indexes up to date.

@Striges Perfect Darmas. I like the idea of Darmas and Rixik circling each other sniffing each other out and Rixik allowing Darmas to think he's jealous and possessive. I also find it pretty interesting that Rixik realizes Darmas is out of his league.

bright_ephemera
12.13.2012 , 07:09 PM | #386
Lodestone: Life and Death. Because this one Warrior NPC always reminds me of life and death. Sith Warrior Corellia spoiler setting. 550 words.

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.13.2012 , 07:19 PM | #387
Lodestone: Deadly Sins – Wrath. There's a lot of places this sin could suit; this entry will do. Sith Warrior Corellia spoiler setting. 1200 words.

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.13.2012 , 07:46 PM | #388
Lodestone: Virtues – Courage. Since 'Harassment' isn't a prompt. Sith Warrior Corellia spoiler setting. 1100 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
12.13.2012 , 08:09 PM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Spoiler
I love Vette. So much.

iamthehoyden
12.13.2012 , 08:10 PM | #390
You can do it, Wynston! Holy crap, where did these pompoms come from?
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box