Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

iamthehoyden
10.08.2012 , 05:02 PM | #211
Sacrifices

The Competition
JK spoilers
Background:
Spoiler

Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
10.08.2012 , 05:19 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
The Sword of Mercy: Memories, an alternate reality for Sith Warrior Ruth along with Agent Wynston and Jedi Master Rho. Today's entry is 2200 words. Significant spoiler elements are taken from SW Act 3 and IA Act 2 to set up this reality...
Spoiler
delicious!

@Striges As much as I want to read the conclusion of date night with Rixik and Corso that was the sweetest thing, I'm glad it was stuck in your head.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Sacrifices

The Competition
JK spoilers
Background:
Spoiler
Oh dear force hoyden I hurt myself laughing reading that.

Striges
10.08.2012 , 07:58 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
That was lovely Striges, The above line never fails to get a smile out of me.

As to what you said about my Gender Bender, I am fully aware F/Quinn is a bit of a cliche. One of my goals in writing it, is trying to truly mirror M/Quinns attitude and applying it to a woman, which in this case was an "Ice Queen" . Male Quinn is suuuuch an Ice Queen in game. I'm glad you're still enjoying it, and that Anders is coming off the way I want him to.
I didn't mean to sound harsh. Or that there's anything wrong with a character type being on TVTropes , because everything is on TVTropes. In fact, at the risk of sending everyone off on a three-hour-tour of their site, I ought to link their homepage.

I really enjoy the exercise (if you'll allow me the term) of examining how much of the Quinn-hate is directed at the actual character, independent of gender, and how much is because of the gender role-reversal in the game-story. (better tag SW spoilers)
Spoiler
Maybe I'm reading too much into things.

The Line? I tried it with "I love you too" and it just read corny, so I rewrote it. I didn't realize it was the famous Han-Leia exchange until I was previewing the post for submission. Really. I tried to change it back but it still sounded corny the other way. So I left it as is. Totally unintentional, but works, given Rixik and Kirya's history. I completely apologise to everyone who thought it was a deliberate invocation of Empire Strikes Back.

@ Iamthehoyden: First off, I adore the dark humor in this AU. The repetition of every Sith being knocked off by their apprentices was hilarious. Ukaita is so naughty!

Earthmama
10.09.2012 , 06:32 AM | #214
Striges, not harsh at all. It's a challenge trying to write f/Quinn honestly, and at this point in the writing process she's downright frustrating.

As for the line, intentional or not, it sooo fit Rixik and Kirya.

bright_ephemera
10.09.2012 , 07:31 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Sacrifices

The Competition
Spoiler
Ukaita: Best of all possible Sith? I vote yea.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
10.09.2012 , 08:08 AM | #216
Title: A Night to Remember, Part Four

Characters: Rixik and Corso

Previous Episodes: Intro
A Night to Remember, Part One
A Night to Remember, Part Two
A Night to Remember, Part Three

More backfired plans…and really stupid ideas. Minor spoilers for smuggler Taris dialog, but taken very out-of-context so it might not be noticable.

Spoiler

Notes and Translations (in order of appearance):
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
10.09.2012 , 01:56 PM | #217
Ah the adventures of Rixik and Corso - hella lotta funny there

Glad you guys are enjoying Ukaita! She's been really fun to write
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

elliotcat
10.10.2012 , 08:59 PM | #218
So long as no one minds, I'm gonna sync the threads up for now. I'm pretty busy with school so it makes it easier if I use the same prompts and update on the same day, at least for awhile.

Week of 10/10/12
Teachers and Heroes - Everyone has someone they look up to, or someone who's taught them something important. Or a hero that they strive to be like. Who does your character admire and look toward when they're not sure what to do? Who has had an impact on making them the person they are today?

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

kabeone
10.14.2012 , 03:00 AM | #219
@Striges Amazing Corso + Rixik. Their datenight keeps getting better (better for me worse for them) and it's hilarious. Love the mixed languages.

Teachers and Heroes prompt
Remi AU: Knightless - Reluctant Student

Backtracking a little to before leaving Balmorra

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

kabeone
10.14.2012 , 12:03 PM | #220
Teachers and Heroes
Remi AU: Knightless

Right after last story

Spoiler