Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Magdalane
08.21.2012 , 11:19 AM | #11
Here's the original AU post for What if?

Spoiler

And here's the continuation:

Spoiler

To me, this AU finds that Miriah and Corso are still the same people at their core, only their circumstances have changed.
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
08.21.2012 , 11:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Friends and Allies - We saw a similar prompt in the prime thread - but what if things were different? What if your character had a different set of friends he or she ran with? How would an alternate version of your character act as a friend, and who would he or she call on as allies?

The Sword of Mercy: Friends and Allies, an alternate reality for Sith Warrior Ruth along with Agent Wynston and Jedi Master Rho. Today's entry is 1400 words. Significant spoiler elements are taken from SW Act 3 and IA Act 2 to set up this reality...

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
08.21.2012 , 01:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Friends and Allies
JK
Remi Alt-U Expanding on this what if story What if my JK was never sent to Tython and instead she stayed with her mother on her homeworld, Balmorra.
I really like this (and I'm far enough along on my IA story to read it! excited!!).
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

iamthehoyden
08.21.2012 , 01:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Alternate Ipha story (kind of a crackfic). I wrote this months ago and actually posted it on the forums I think. I went back and made some edits to it, made things flow a little better. But this AU snippet shows why Ipha shouldn't lead Havoc Squad.

(I thought you were my) Friend and Ally

Spoiler
Hahahahhahaha!! Have I mentioned how much I love Ipha It's a good thing she has Jorgan there to keep her from the worst of her temper
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Magdalane
08.21.2012 , 04:44 PM | #15
Always love Ipha stories, in any form. Bright, as usual a wonderful tale of Ruth, and new anger for Quinn (from me).
Hoyden, perfect note to take with Doc!
Kabeone, that fits so well with the story arc, it's kinda scary

Nice work, guys!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
08.22.2012 , 08:19 AM | #16
Read and reread. Oh, the roads we didn't go down...

Ipha made me giggle. So, so much.
Mags, Miriah made perfect sense here. Perfect perfect events-happened-a-little-differently sense.
Coremi: Love her wit, love her interaction with Doc.
Speaking of Doc, iamthehoyden, I giggled here, too...poor guy! Some forced recruitments are entertainingly tragic.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
08.22.2012 , 08:54 AM | #17
The Sword of Mercy: Friends and Allies 2, an alternate reality for Sith Warrior Ruth along with Agent Wynston and Jedi Master Rho. Today's entry is 950 words. Significant spoiler elements are taken from SW Act 3 and IA Act 2 to set up this reality...

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Earthmama
08.22.2012 , 09:28 AM | #18
@ Bright, This is such a disturbing and intriguing AU, I can't look away or stop reading, even when I get that sick feeling in my gut. It is seriously hard to read from an emotional stand point. Masterfully written, as usual!

Morgani
08.22.2012 , 12:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
@ Bright, This is such a disturbing and intriguing AU, I can't look away or stop reading, even when I get that sick feeling in my gut. It is seriously hard to read from an emotional stand point. Masterfully written, as usual!
I agree wholeheartedly with this. The idea of a control word makes me sick to my stomach. I got that far in my IA's story but I didn't feel an impact because I wasn't invested. I've rerolled an IA to pay more attention.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

bright_ephemera
08.22.2012 , 12:36 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Thank you for the praise! This AU is way, way, way outside anything I usually enjoy reading, much less writing, and there's a huge quantity of logical-extension stuff that I never want to think about, much less think through at the level of detail I visualize my stories in.

At the same time, the scenario is awfully fascinating. First for neatly flipping the "Sith Warrior as ultimate power trip" concept and second for the complex cascade of power realignments that would occur in Act 3 from the simple changes of a) Quinn being a meaningful player and b) Ruth enlisting other classes to do what she cannot. Oh, and third, for finally considering an image of Quinn as an unambiguous, irredeemable villain after all those times I joked he was a scumbag unworthy of love. And, now that I think of it, fourth, for thinking about (Agent spoilers)
Spoiler

It's like a really, really creepy train wreck to think about. Unbearable to examine in any detail, but hard to look away.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!