Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

iamthehoyden
09.11.2012 , 03:25 PM | #101
Goals and Ambitions

Title Here
Spoilers for JK and SW
Backstory:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Author's Note: This is the story from the Short Fic thread that started this AU: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5045109&postcount=1034
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
09.11.2012 , 04:39 PM | #102
Directness, thy name is Ukaita!

I can't help but notice that Quinn accounted for about 65% of all SWTOR fanfic even before we started speculating the wilder AUs about him...what is it with that guy and his situation? And are we really going to invert every possible power dynamic at some point to see what would've happened and whether it would've seemed more/less/equally horrible? Seems we'll never get bored tracing those consequence paths...
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
09.12.2012 , 01:41 AM | #103
@iamthehoyden hehe, run scourge run! run from the bodacious blue booty!

Remi AU: Knightless Goals and Ambitions Part 2 (1620 words) (JK spoilers only)

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
09.12.2012 , 04:29 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@iamthehoyden hehe, run scourge run! run from the bodacious blue booty!

Remi AU: Knightless Goals and Ambitions Part 2 (1620 words)

Spoiler
Now that is a pleasing parting image.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Vesaniae
09.12.2012 , 12:21 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
The idea has been floating around in my brain for quite some time of what if Quinn and my warrior switched places? To be more specific: what if Quinn was the Sith?
And here it is. This doesn't really fit the current prompt... Can there be an ongoing prompt for "backstory"?

Anyway, this is it. SW spoilers, exposition within. Beware, 'tis long!

Note: For the purposes of this bizarre skewed alternate universe, I've made Quinn younger. He's about 25 in the Switchbladeverse (why I call it that, I have no idea. ).

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.

irishfino
09.12.2012 , 12:37 PM | #106
Quinn is such a jacka*s. I LOVE IT.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
09.12.2012 , 12:42 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Quinn is such a jacka*s. I LOVE IT.
He really is! I figured, if Quinn is the Sith, then he won't have that characteristic air of deference. It'll just be pure, unadulterated smug certainty of his superiority. Monologuing every line.
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.

irishfino
09.12.2012 , 12:48 PM | #108
He really is! I figured, if Quinn is the Sith, then he won't have that characteristic air of deference. It'll just be pure, unadulterated smug certainty of his superiority. Monologuing every line.
Also, I like the name Switchblade for the universe as the blade (saber) has switched hands. :3
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

bright_ephemera
09.12.2012 , 02:58 PM | #109
Prompety prompt day!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

kabeone
09.12.2012 , 03:45 PM | #110
This doesn't really fit the current prompt... Can there be an ongoing prompt for "backstory"?
I put it under "What If" since that was the shortfic prompt that spawned the thread.

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Prompety prompt day!
^This! Yay.

Also, I'm having a really hard time not just running with my story and writing another giant thing.