Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Dwindling Dev Tracker

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
08.21.2012 , 03:43 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Selvec View Post
It doesn't help that customer services is now moderating the forum and has absolutely no idea about what needs policing and what doesn't.
And there's one topic that if you even so much as brush with your wide, vague, hand-waving questions your topic gets locked and you get re-directed to the sub-basement behind a locked door guarded by an angry leopard*.

*no, I haven't read the book in a while, can't remember the exact quote and can't be bothered to google it. Cookies for those who get the reference though.

Black_reven
08.21.2012 , 04:19 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
If I stopped posting in the forums, does that mean I'm not working? No. Infact it probably means I'm working more.
lol YES you bunch of dummies

iamthehoyden
08.21.2012 , 07:37 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
So personally, I'm going to encourage everyone to step back a couple steps an cut them a good slice of slack and consideration. Becasue they are doing more, with less staff and resources, and doing it better.
I'm actually a pretty reasonable person. I like to double-check facts and listen to what people are saying. I'm actually willing to accept "we don't have more information now, please check back later" FROM THE COMMUNITY TEAM because frankly they're messengers to a large extent. What information gets released is the province of devs and marketing.

However, what I'm frankly tired of is 1) promises that have been made and not carried through and 2) being unclear of the direction of this game, what's in the pipeline and what's been scratched. Both of those are issues the community team can address. The first one by following through on THEIR promise of more communication and the second by clarifying what's still on the table in terms of development.

I don't expect 29 posts per day, as they did the first day of this new communication era. The next couple days they hovered around 15; that's fairly reasonable to me. If this slacking of communication is temporary, great, fabulous, let's move on. However, their history when it comes to "new and improved communication" is not fabulous so forgive me if I don't trust quite as quickly.

I believe the CM said on 8/8 that we weren't to give them too much slack. The slack in the rope's been reached. Pick up the pace.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vortuus
08.21.2012 , 08:29 AM | #44
As was said earlier, the dev tracker lit up conveniently around re-sub time. Wonder why so many of us didn't renew? We didn't believe the whole "new and improved" communication that would be coming. This is very similar to how we didn't believe the content roll out/etc schedule promised.

And for all these comments I see about "you're still here" or "you are still subbed, LOL" all over different message threads...

Unsubbed people can post. Also, unsubbed people will STILL get a bunch of Cartel Coins when it goes F2P. So nothing wrong with keeping up to how the scam is going while waiting to see if/when we get our free stuff. Laugh at yourself for paying for something... and having NO idea what you're paying for outside of an interesting single player game. If you think you're paying $15/mo for more than a single player game, let me know what you find so compelling. Maybe I missed something.
Safeen - Sith Assassin
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | Space Slug Server

iamthehoyden
08.21.2012 , 08:38 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Vortuus View Post
If you think you're paying $15/mo for more than a single player game, let me know what you find so compelling. Maybe I missed something.
This thread is about community team communication, however, I like the ops, fps, and leveling alts. What keeps me here is the story, but I spend a lot of time in groups...which would be difficult in a single player game.

At any rate, I would hope that the community team's efforts wouldn't revolve around six month subscriptions.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vortuus
08.21.2012 , 08:47 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
At any rate, I would hope that the community team's efforts wouldn't revolve around six month subscriptions.
If you like conspiracy theories, check out:

original release date of RWZs, and then when they were pulled
date of starting server transfers/finishing transfers (remember you had to have active account to use)
date of announcing 'increased communication' and 'TFB:soon'
and the other big 'teasers' we have been given.

Then compare the above dates to common subscription dates (notably 2 month cards, 3/6 month subs.) It's pretty eerie. Talking about 4-5 significant date windows(depends how many of them you look at as 'big periods'.) All very small given a few variables.. but 3-5 day windows. Lots of coincidence of what occurs JUST before these 4 windows.

Since you seem to like research, remember to include 30 days free for buying the game and 30 days free we were all given (which also falls into a 'neat' window...). Fun stuff
Safeen - Sith Assassin
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | Space Slug Server

Trenter
08.21.2012 , 09:18 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
Maybe he was one of the layoffs?
Or maybe he was just very tired of people obnoxiously labeling him a BioWare employee for having his opinion on things and just left the forums?... /shrug
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Claymaniac
08.21.2012 , 11:51 AM | #48
I gotta be honest, I'm a Bioware fanboy but you really shouldn't be coming out with a grand announcement of improved communication and talk of "We will deliver" and all that only for it to become a sprinkling of "We don't know yet" comments within 2 weeks. I'm sure their hearts are in the right place, but you need more for the community. I get the risks of putting even tentative dates to anything, but this whole communication thing needed to be a company wide goal, not just Joveth and his team. We've heard of Makeb and HK for a while now and still don't have any indication of whether either is coming this year, whether they will be free, paid only to F2P players, etc.

I'm not one of those people who go F2P = failure, because really other than WoW today, what sub only MMO is a raging success? I get that F2P hybrid is the future for every MMO. But, we know very little about how its going to work here and that's a MAJOR thing the whole increased communication should be addressing even to the point of redundancy. And with some more solid answers than a constant barrage of "We will let you know". You still want us to keep subscribing, but right now its a lot on faith. Every announcement I hear says quicker content updates, yet there isn't even a sniff of anything new on the PTS. How about something like "By the end of this month, or end of September the PTS will have 1.4"? Its been almost 2 months since 1.3, which had very little new content although the LFG tool is probably the best thing added to this game since launch. I, honestly am just seeing more talk and less delivering.

I will say though stupid questions like "Tell us if the game will be shutdown if EA is sold" are just that, stupid.
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

Tuscad
08.21.2012 , 12:07 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Trenter View Post
Or maybe he was just very tired of people obnoxiously labeling him a BioWare employee for having his opinion on things and just left the forums?... /shrug
Or maybe he has just lost faith in Bioware? Anyone's guess is as good as mine.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

KimbeFett
08.21.2012 , 12:09 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Black_reven View Post
lol YES you bunch of dummies
Unless your job was to communicate to the public. You do know that these people are not the developers; it isn't like some coder is stopping work to come write us a message; it is someone whose job it is to communicate to us...