Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Dwindling Dev Tracker

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jaavik
08.20.2012 , 10:57 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I think maybe it is time to set some context on behalf of the community support team. So I'm going to just lay this out for you......

They let a lot of good people go in July, as part of the restructuring I'm sure. Don't believe me? You can follow the bread crumbs via linked-in where there are some very positive recommendations by Allison and Joveth for community staff members at Bioware. Clearly fine people doing fine work that had to be let go because so many people just could not stand to keep subscribing to this MMO.

So begining in late July, they now operate with a much smaller staff, as most of us can observe by their more limited coverage during weekends and off-hours.

At the same time, they stepped up and took on a more active role of being the information channel between the forum membership and the developemnt teams. And it was not lip service, they have been walking the talk and scouring the forums for questions and things that warrant clarifications and then working inside Bioware to bring those to you.

And all of this in an environment of ungratefullness each day in the forums by some of the membership.

So personally, I'm going to encourage everyone to step back a couple steps an cut them a good slice of slack and consideration. Becasue they are doing more, with less staff and resources, and doing it better.

So if you want to ignore all of this and just go on being critical.... nobody can stop you. But I encourage you to think about what I have shared here, and maybe temper your approach to the community support team and show them some gratitude.

And no.. I am not a Bioware insider. But I am observant, can analyze and can put the pieces together fairly well using publicly available information.
It's like you didn't even read the post and just ran in to defend Bioware...

The numbers do not lie... the OP laid the information out clearly and concisely...

The "new and improved" Community Team have consistently communicated with the subscriber base LESS and LESS as the days have moved on...

It's not difficult to fact check if you'd like...
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

Tuscad
08.20.2012 , 10:59 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaavik View Post
It's like you didn't even read the post and just ran in to defend Bioware...

The numbers do not lie... the OP laid the information out clearly and concisely...

The "new and improved" Community Team have consistently communicated with the subscriber base LESS and LESS as the days have moved on...

It's not difficult to fact check if you'd like...
That reminds me, what ever happened to Crowe?
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

ChazDoit
08.20.2012 , 11:09 PM | #33

So personally, I'm going to encourage everyone to step back a couple steps an cut them a good slice of slack and consideration. Becasue they are doing more, with less staff and resources, and doing it better.
I've been on a similar situation and I feel for those guys, but many people look at the forums to see if the game is dead or if it has a future, no interaction with the community, no developers posts give the appearance that this game is dead and it's on maintenance mode.

Belive me, some people decide if they stay subbed or not based on communication at this point, I resubbed because they said there was gonna be a new event this month.

robertszak
08.20.2012 , 11:43 PM | #34
Looking at the list on the OP, I notice that the responses really start to drop off at or after peoples 6 month subs have come and gone.

CorellianWannabe
08.21.2012 , 12:12 AM | #35
I think maybe it is time to set some context on behalf of the community support team. So I'm going to just lay this out for you......

They let a lot of good people go in July, as part of the restructuring I'm sure. Don't believe me? You can follow the bread crumbs via linked-in where there are some very positive recommendations by Allison and Joveth for community staff members at Bioware. Clearly fine people doing fine work that had to be let go because so many people just could not stand to keep subscribing to this MMO.

So begining in late July, they now operate with a much smaller staff, as most of us can observe by their more limited coverage during weekends and off-hours.

At the same time, they stepped up and took on a more active role of being the information channel between the forum membership and the developemnt teams. And it was not lip service, they have been walking the talk and scouring the forums for questions and things that warrant clarifications and then working inside Bioware to bring those to you.

And all of this in an environment of ungratefullness each day in the forums by some of the membership.

So if you want to ignore all of this and just go on being critical.... nobody can stop you. But I encourage you to think about what I have shared here, and maybe temper your approach to the community support team and show them some gratitude.

And no.. I am not a Bioware insider. But I am observant, can analyze and can put the pieces together fairly well using publicly available information.
In other words those 'fine people' were dead weight since the staff is doing more with less now?

Sanxxx
08.21.2012 , 12:16 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
That reminds me, what ever happened to Crowe?
Good point, where is the ultimate defender of all things BW ?

Tuscad
08.21.2012 , 12:20 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanxxx View Post
Good point, where is the ultimate defender of all things BW ?
Maybe he was one of the layoffs?
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Rafaman
08.21.2012 , 12:24 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe View Post
In other words those 'fine people' were dead weight since the staff is doing more with less now?
No. Not really. I have been through this type of thing as well. You adapt and learn to do more with less. It is not ideal to be sure, but unfortunately it is quite common these days.

The reverse is true however, good profits and a good economic outlook loosens the purse strings. New projects and staff are then wanted and needed.

Tatile
08.21.2012 , 03:16 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Azoetia View Post
No way, they need all those murky promises and promises-to-look-into-stuff in order to stall just a little bit longer.
Vague hand-waving seems to be all they have at the moment, but unlike the Sith and Jedi they don't have the force of will behind it to make us look the other way. Which says a lot, really.

Guild Summit was in April, correct? It's been a third of the year since then - you would at least anticipate a revision of their announcements there or even acknowledgement that the Summit happened.

Unfortunately this thread isn't going to get any response. It would have been quite interesting to see the spin on this and the lack of Tweets coming out (I disliked the idea, I'll admit as I don't have Twitter, but at least people could chat with the SW:ToR team. Now their twitter account is dead, worse than the Dev Tracker.)

Selvec
08.21.2012 , 03:40 AM | #40
It doesn't help that customer services is now moderating the forum and has absolutely no idea about what needs policing and what doesn't.

Angry people don't need policing. Abusive people do.