Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Dwindling Dev Tracker

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Graydon
11.14.2012 , 05:03 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetiepies View Post
This is basically all you can do. If someone/someones aren't meeting your needs/expectations, drop some of your needs/expectations.
LOL! Can I work for you?

Uluain
11.14.2012 , 05:16 PM | #162
This is basically all you can do. If someone/someones aren't meeting your needs/expectations, drop some of your needs/expectations.
To hell with that. I just make it clear where exactly they fall short of entirely reasonable expectations I have, based on what does get shiny yellow show-on-the-dev-tracker BW love as opposed to what hasn't.

Sweetiepies
11.14.2012 , 05:30 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
LOL! Can I work for you?
You bet! Keep in mind that these lowered expectations do have a bottom thresh hold. Other than that, as long as you can remember 10-15 chemicals to NOT mix, you're hired.

Sweetiepies
11.14.2012 , 05:33 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
To hell with that. I just make it clear where exactly they fall short of entirely reasonable expectations I have, based on what does get shiny yellow show-on-the-dev-tracker BW love as opposed to what hasn't.
Eh, I know what we're talking about here and while I'm on your side, I also believe that they'll tell us things when we can be told about them. You've seen the hell raised when they announce something and it blows up, and they have to remove or delay it. Best not give a time frame until it's just short of set in stone.

LtGeneralGezlin
11.14.2012 , 05:38 PM | #165
Eh, I know what we're talking about here and while I'm on your side, I also believe that they'll tell us things when we can be told about them. You've seen the hell raised when they announce something and it blows up, and they have to remove or delay it. Best not give a time frame until it's just short of set in stone.
When it comes to game content, I agree with you. But... I'm at a loss as to why it's so hard to do the Companions 101 blog. It was one of the few things I went to the site for.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Uluain
11.14.2012 , 05:51 PM | #166
Eh, I know what we're talking about here and while I'm on your side, I also believe that they'll tell us things when we can be told about them.
They can tell us about it right now if they choose to. They post things every day. They have access to the forum and the physical capacity to post to it. That's can. "May not' is something else entirely. I have asked about this, and they still don't say anything about that. So I conclude that they won't until it is explained to be otherwise.

We know they have information. They dodge saying so (in the few occasions they have deigned to speak to these issues at all, as "we have no new information to share at this time." I don't believe that nuance is accidental.
Quote:
You've seen the hell raised when they announce something and it blows up, and they have to remove or delay it. Best not give a time frame until it's just short of set in stone.
We have been given a timeframe (but not on these forums), just nothing at all, ever, on how the content is being approached which would help those trying to plan for it to know how to play. They can tell us, but they don't. At this point it seems malicious. Benefit of the doubt and good behavior have never gotten anyone anywhere with this. I see no reason to continue to extend it at this point, at all.

Andryah
11.14.2012 , 07:04 PM | #167
Sincere question... how to you know your resonable expectations are actually reasonable? What measure are you using to establish that? Have you gained concensus from Bioware staff on said measures?

They are not going to tell us everything, ever. In fact they are the ones that decide what they disclose, when, and how. Not any of us. Which brings us back to self-management of personal expectations (as was suggested).

I'm not picking at you.. I am simply stating the facts about communications and information disclosure in the modern world of business-2-consumer.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Andryah
11.14.2012 , 07:07 PM | #168
Benefit of the doubt and good behavior have never gotten anyone anywhere with this. I see no reason to continue to extend it at this point, at all.
I do not actually agree with your statement... but, regardless, bad behavior is not going to get you what you want either.

iamthehoyden
11.14.2012 , 08:15 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Sincere question... how to you know your resonable expectations are actually reasonable? What measure are you using to establish that? Have you gained concensus from Bioware staff on said measures?

They are not going to tell us everything, ever. In fact they are the ones that decide what they disclose, when, and how. Not any of us. Which brings us back to self-management of personal expectations (as was suggested).

I'm not picking at you.. I am simply stating the facts about communications and information disclosure in the modern world of business-2-consumer.
Reasonable is an opinion, nothing more. It is not an objective measure and as such will vary from person to person to some degree. Given a large enough consensus you could come to some general agreement perhaps, but never an absolute. Which means you alone (or you and the Bioware staff) are not qualified to judge what is reasonable.

Point is, you are fond of saying lower your expectations. Okay. They're lowered. Then again, I don't expect much from the drunk on the corner either.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Andryah
11.14.2012 , 08:23 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Point is, you are fond of saying lower your expectations.
More correctly I encourage people to self-manage their expectations in accordance with reality. And I say it because at the end of the day, missed expectations are self-inflicted. Nobody can set an expecation within you unless you consent to and accept said expectation. They can offer, but only you can accept and install an expectation within yourself. It's why human beings can reason and have free will of thought and feeling.