Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does anyone actually use Group Finder???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Does anyone actually use Group Finder???

Tyg--
08.04.2012 , 03:52 PM | #11
I think it's essentially impossible to get a group together in the group finder in under an hour or so if you're leveling a dps. On my healer, I get like 20 minute queues while leveling. Even then, it can take hours just to get a group that will stick together for more than a few pulls. I've gotten more idiots in this game than I think I've ever experienced in WoW. The DPS love to pull instead of the tank and they all love to LoS you as a healer and then complain they die. Or the tanks that pull everything in the room thinking they're superman.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it feels like randoms in this game are just so stupid.

lectotrans
08.04.2012 , 03:54 PM | #12
i use it every time i play. it's been a great way to gear up my sorc healer and powertech tank. i've only had one bad group in all that time and half of it was my fault because at the time my powertech was dps and he just wasn't cuttin it so i apologized and left so they could find someone else.

now, for a dps groupfinder sucks, it takes around an hour or so to find a group for my mara.

then again i wouldn't have any problems finding a group dps or otherwise if i was in a well populated guild, so my queue times on my mara are mostly my fault.
Squadron 14-610Playing TOR since Beta
Now playing on Canderous Ordo!
Suung on PTS

Knockerz
08.04.2012 , 04:05 PM | #13
I only use it for leveling, but at max level I wouldn't use it.

Arlbo_Nabbins
08.04.2012 , 04:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecier View Post
Im constantly seeing in the chat box "LFG" blah blah blah and when i try group finder it takes forever to find a group. In fact i have never found a group lol. Longest queue ive been in is 20 minutes and got impatient. I was excited when it got introduced into the game which is one of the reason i resubbed. Is it me or do people just not use it? :
It all depends on your class, at 50 I can wait 20 minutes on a DPS queue but maybe 5 minutes with a tank. And to be honest 20 minutes is not a long wait. But this is not a problem inherent to the group finder it is down to the numbers of healers and tanks to proportion to DPS.

Most of the LFG calls I see in general chat are for ops that never appear in the group finder (e.g. EC and Denova) or for ones not available at that level (such as 50s doing Esselles for social points).

Anthonytats
08.04.2012 , 04:13 PM | #15
Yeah.
My first runthrough with toons without it, i barely did any of the FPs. (And im a PvEr).
I absolutely love flashpoints :P

When they brought it out, i had my 48DPS. Sometimes it could take 4-5 HOURS to find a group.
But loads of people are DPS so thats completely normal in my book.

When i started my Trooper i went heal spec, finding groups in under 10 minutes.
When i started a tank, the 10-30 FPs were usually within 10 minutes.
30+ was instant every time i tried.

Tickdoff-Tank
08.04.2012 , 04:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Januaria View Post
Nope, I don't use it.

No Chat Bubbles? No grouping.

Customize the "chat" box? Nope, sorry, that doesn't work for me.

Vent? Mumble? Nope, sorry, I'd rather listen to music.

Chat Bubbles + Voice Emotes would make grouping and communicating so much simpler (and more fun). Wouldn't hurt to have macroed chat as well so you can state your needs at the beginning of each run with a minimum of fuss.

Until then I'll solo.

Cheers...
Could you also add me to your ignore list? I will do the same. Tickdoff is the name.
"He uses statistics like a drunken man uses a lightpost: For support rather than Illumination." E. Lang

Arlbo_Nabbins
08.04.2012 , 04:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Januaria View Post
Nope, I don't use it.

No Chat Bubbles? No grouping..
Well that would be something to instantly disable if they ever introduce them. I find them horribly immersion breaking.

Vodamin
08.04.2012 , 04:17 PM | #18
Tried and waited 1 and a half hour for a low lvl FP.
Not using it anymore.
It is fail because it is not cross-shard.

General_Jaye
08.04.2012 , 04:30 PM | #19
I have been using the group finder for the last week or so to run HMFP's and have had some great runs.
I find it to be far more efficient than finding groups on space stations, and the instant travel shuttle is boss.
Its always sunny in Mos Eisley

Iiyria
08.04.2012 , 04:30 PM | #20
I use it once a day for blackhole coms
=================================
Building an MMO- 500,000,000
Game time- 14.99 your game going F2P in 8 months- priceless
=================================