Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does anyone actually use Group Finder???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Does anyone actually use Group Finder???

Vecier
08.04.2012 , 02:52 PM | #1
Im constantly seeing in the chat box "LFG" blah blah blah and when i try group finder it takes forever to find a group. In fact i have never found a group lol. Longest queue ive been in is 20 minutes and got impatient. I was excited when it got introduced into the game which is one of the reason i resubbed. Is it me or do people just not use it? :

Wolfninjajedi
08.04.2012 , 02:53 PM | #2
Eh nah, but then again already have a group to run stuff with.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Sroxe
08.04.2012 , 02:53 PM | #3
I have tried but it's fails

Mallorik
08.04.2012 , 02:57 PM | #4
I use it for normal hardmodes because im a tank and theres really no way the common idiot can screw up a run for me.

I dont use it for hm lost island or sm ops, and i definately will never use it for those until biowares briliance can catch up to 5 years ago and implement gear and spec checks.

Januaria
08.04.2012 , 02:58 PM | #5
Nope, I don't use it.

No Chat Bubbles? No grouping.

Customize the "chat" box? Nope, sorry, that doesn't work for me.

Vent? Mumble? Nope, sorry, I'd rather listen to music.

Chat Bubbles + Voice Emotes would make grouping and communicating so much simpler (and more fun). Wouldn't hurt to have macroed chat as well so you can state your needs at the beginning of each run with a minimum of fuss.

Until then I'll solo.

Cheers...
"In the avalanche of life I'm a special little snowflake."

Fornix
08.04.2012 , 03:00 PM | #6
I use it sometimes, but not frequently. Mainly as it brings me out of place. I'd be much more inclined to use it if I could just remain on the spot I was afterwards.
Member of <Helix>

belizar
08.04.2012 , 03:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Januaria View Post
Nope, I don't use it.

No Chat Bubbles? No grouping.

Customize the "chat" box? Nope, sorry, that doesn't work for me.

Vent? Mumble? Nope, sorry, I'd rather listen to music.

Chat Bubbles + Voice Emotes would make grouping and communicating so much simpler (and more fun). Wouldn't hurt to have macroed chat as well so you can state your needs at the beginning of each run with a minimum of fuss.

Until then I'll solo.

Cheers...
what has voice comms got to do with pugs and a dungeon finder ? and most guilds use them as its easier to talk then typing during a fight

siegeshot
08.04.2012 , 03:12 PM | #8
Use it all the time as a healer. As long as a tank somewhere uses it we're a-okay and insta-queue.

Heroic T1's.
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

Holy_Wars
08.04.2012 , 03:25 PM | #9
I think this game failed hard and I love to bash it, but the four times I've used group finder I always found a group in no more than 5 minutes. Small sample size, but it always worked out great and i'm surprised so many people don't like it.

Rezii
08.04.2012 , 03:47 PM | #10
I use it nearly every day, and a queue doesn't take longer than five minutes for me. Granted I am a tank, so tanks are in more demand than a DPS class. Reason why it may take longer for you is that you're queued for DPS? If so, then I'd expect those wait times. It can be difficult at times to find groups during off-times for non 50 HM runs, as the capped population queues much more than the 1-49 population.
--- Marezivik Reziis --- Shield Powertech ---
Will guard for medals!