Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninety Seven Percent

CarthOnansi
10.09.2012 , 03:32 PM | #241
Well I found this 2 days ago and haven't been able to put down. Your writing is really good and keeps me constantly hooked.

Copied all of into in Word, Currently spans 211 pages, 55,703 and 523 screens.

Great stuff please keep it up.
Reyer DurinAlyva Durin
"Live Free, Go Down Fighting"

irishfino
10.10.2012 , 09:58 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Poor Nari indeed. Standard game Quinn has a long history of causing pain to the women who love him and driving them nuts with his lack of emotion. This takes it to a whole nother level!
I try to kill them, too.
And they're forced to let you live until they write about killing you.
Taub will get a little warmer before the end of his mini-arc (if it can even be called that).

Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
Nari/Taub behbehs!
LOLNO
What she said.

Quote: Originally Posted by Reil View Post
It's a good choice. There is a name "in canon" scientists used during this time period but only a Star Wars hyper-nerd might recognize it. And only after looking it up to remind themselves. You are correct in not using Tusken for at least another 20 thousand years hehe.

Sometimes you tempt me to log in and take Jaesa on a hunting trip. One where I leave her corpse to find it's own way back to the ship. Then realize I'm tired and I go do something else.
I checked wookieepedia for Sand People stuff. Maybe I just skimmed too hardcore, but I only found Tusken Raiders and Raiders (HK-47 calls the Sand People, Raiders which is technically correct as they do raid, but he doesn't use Tusken which is correct for this era).

Jaesa can be fairly annoying in game. Sometimes you want to put a bolt in her skull and other times you want to hand her a mug of tea and wrap her in a blanket. And then drown her.

<sigh of relief> Good man.
I can be a very good man if I try.
She was referring to me.
...Reil is talking about Taub which is technically neither of you.

Quote: Originally Posted by CarthOnansi View Post
Well I found this 2 days ago and haven't been able to put down. Your writing is really good and keeps me constantly hooked.

Copied all of into in Word, Currently spans 211 pages, 55,703 and 523 screens.

Great stuff please keep it up.
I'm glad you're enjoying this; it's rather fun to write and it gives me wonderful practice for the longer stories I wish to write.

Last page count I did, NSP was only about half that, at around 110 pages, single-spaced, Calibri size 11 font.

Thanks for reading everyone!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

MilaniGrey
10.10.2012 , 10:06 AM | #243
15,035! Time for a picture!
The Islingr Legacy
Ebon Hawk Server
"How dreadfully spooky." -- Vesaniae's Darth Nox

irishfino
10.10.2012 , 10:07 AM | #244
NSP has hit 15000 HITS! I asked earlier in the thread for some ideas for a celebration picture, but received no in-thread responses. Going on the suggestion of a few fellow authors, I present to you Quinn Flirting with Darth Lachris!

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...no-d5hhcbt.jpg

Now, as for the status of NSP, I've hit a bit of a brick wall. This happens as I wind down toward the end of an arc. The real ending this time, not the false ending I thought I had. This arc should wrap up in the next few posts... I just need to get those posts down on paper... then typed on the screen... I hope to have readable NSP content soon. In the meantime, enjoy the picture! You earned it!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

MilaniGrey
10.10.2012 , 10:09 AM | #245
I love that tinge of orange in his eye!
The Islingr Legacy
Ebon Hawk Server
"How dreadfully spooky." -- Vesaniae's Darth Nox

irishfino
10.10.2012 , 11:05 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
I love that tinge of orange in his eye!
Glad you noticed that! It took me far longer than I'd like to admit to get the right effect... art amirite!?

iamthehoyden
10.10.2012 , 01:13 PM | #247
Really looking forward to seeing how this all comes together (or gets blown to little pieces).

Also, I keep meaning to say this, but didn't want to derail other threads too much. I LOVE that Sith!Quinn's dark red meta comments keep showing up everywhere! Points for dark snarkiness!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Reil
10.11.2012 , 08:07 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
NSP has hit 15000 HITS! I asked earlier in the thread for some ideas for a celebration picture, but received no in-thread responses. Going on the suggestion of a few fellow authors, I present to you Quinn Flirting with Darth Lachris!
I'm here at work, slaving over my cintiq tablet to produce a high detail concept painting for the environment modeling team. I have a particular rock face in here where the lighting is eluding me. The arrow is right there in the under painting but it's not working. I'm getting frustrated. I decide to set the art pen aside and open this thread to give the mind a break. I take a sip of coffee and scroll down..... And start giggling hysterically. Ahh how a nice, lovingly crafted illustration can lend perspective and lighten the mood. I imagined Quinn with his precise, measured accent quoting Monty Python to her. "You, my fine fellow, are a bit o' tail"!

Quote:
Now, as for the status of NSP, I've hit a bit of a brick wall. This happens as I wind down toward the end of an arc.
Take your time. I envy anyone who can write by the chapter and still keep the continuity and get it all done. P.S. Apologies if I annoyed you in an unrelated avenue

irishfino
10.15.2012 , 05:55 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Really looking forward to seeing how this all comes together (or gets blown to little pieces).

Also, I keep meaning to say this, but didn't want to derail other threads too much. I LOVE that Sith!Quinn's dark red meta comments keep showing up everywhere! Points for dark snarkiness!
It will come together in a way most aren't predicting. I can't wait to read the reactions to the end of the arc.
Well, I do love to snark. [preens]

I'm here at work, slaving over my cintiq tablet to produce a high detail concept painting for the environment modeling team. I have a particular rock face in here where the lighting is eluding me. The arrow is right there in the under painting but it's not working. I'm getting frustrated. I decide to set the art pen aside and open this thread to give the mind a break. I take a sip of coffee and scroll down..... And start giggling hysterically. Ahh how a nice, lovingly crafted illustration can lend perspective and lighten the mood. I imagined Quinn with his precise, measured accent quoting Monty Python to her. "You, my fine fellow, are a bit o' tail"!

Take your time. I envy anyone who can write by the chapter and still keep the continuity and get it all done. P.S. Apologies if I annoyed you in an unrelated avenue
Annoyed me? It takes quite a bit to annoy me and you're not annoying. I'm rather slow to reply to my inbox because: I never know it's there and I take time to think of a good response.

I'm glad the art made your day. ^__^

Thanks for reading everyone!!

irishfino
10.15.2012 , 05:57 PM | #250
Barnabus Makes His Move

Jaesa was agitated in the night. She had used her strange power on Taub to get a good reading on him, but found him sorely lacking in anything but cold and void. When she demanded answers from Barnabus, the old man smiled and led her away from the camp to speak in private. They stood across from one another, one glaring coldly demanding answers, the other smiling blithely to hide the ice within.

“He still experiences things. Emotions, pain, simple things, but he doesn’t understand anything but the immediate need to rid himself of whatever pains him. He has always had a limited grasp on emotions, but now he has no means to interpret them,” Barnabus said solemnly. “He is emptiness incarnate.”

“It’s cold. Dark. I don’t like how it feels against my skin,” Jaesa said stiffly.

“If you’re not careful, you’ll turn out the same way.”

“Our paths are different. I am a true Force user, he is but a fraud,” she spat angrily.

“No matter the means he gained the ability to use the Force, the fact remains: darkness will follow you, waiting for you to slip, then devour you whole and leave nothing but a shell,” Barnabus said evenly.

“I am stronger than him.”

“Are you trying to convince me or yourself of this?”

“I can show you my power,” Jaesa growled.

“It will do no good against me, child. I absorb darkness,” he sighed.

“You don’t know what true darkness is!”

“Then show me. And have an old man school you in the absolute.” The threat was evident in his voice, but that damn calm smile of his never wavered.

“Fine.”

They squared off, Jaesa armed with her double-bladed lightsaber and crouched for battle, Barnabus simply standing there waiting for her to strike. She hated him. She hated every Quinn she had ever seen. Her first strike appeared to go through him with no effect. He just stood there, staring, waiting for her to strike him down with the so-called power of the dark side she had mastered in the span of two years. She struck again and her saber fizzled and popped before one blade disappeared. He was using some sort of tech to disrupt her saber, she just knew he was. She moved to strike again, her movements wild, but predictable. Barnabus blocked her attack with a bat of his arm then moved in and grabbed her throat.

“You cannot defeat me child,” he said tonelessly. “I am darkness.”

Jaesa dropped her saber and used both her hands in an attempt to loosen his grip on her neck. He wouldn’t yield. He grinned at her and lifted her into the air as easily as one would a small child. She struggled and kicked and gasped in his grip, but he held her steady. Then she felt it. A strange draining sensation as if the Force was being ripped from her. Barnabus silently continued his attack and drained every bit of darkness he found. It was delicious, reinvigorating and far more satisfying than anything he had pulled from Quinn. Perhaps it was the lingering innocence within her. When her eyes slowly shifted back to their natural brown, Barnabus dropped her to the sand.

“How quickly the dark side leaves you when it’s challenged,” he murmured thoughtfully. “You were never a true believer in the first place.” Then he turned on his heel and left her there with the sand and her thoughts for company.