Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mako vs. Gault vs. Torian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Mako vs. Gault vs. Torian

Flintfire
01.21.2013 , 07:21 AM | #11
As far as companions, use them on different situations (speaking as a dps merc). Bosses are hands down Mako for heals. Keeps you alive long enough to get in good blows. Torian is great fighting with mixed strong and normal enemies, as while you attack the strong, he dispatches all the weak or normal enemies with ease so you dont have to waste time and health killing the lackies first. On lots of normal or weak, Gault is great in Assault mode because of his poison gas grenades and rapid fire shots, with other strong attacks for killing stragglers. Mix Gault in with sweeping fire, fusion missile, or DFA, you are gonna have a quickly dispatched group. Blizz is obviously a tank, so if you are fighting enemies with high damage, get all aggro on him, and once in his radius, AOE galore. Skadge is like Blizz, but I find him better slightly with damage and less with health. Skadge is certainly a character... I use him more as a combination of Torian and Blizz when I cant make up my mind. But if you know what you are facing, you should pick Torian or Blizz accordingly.
Infyrno Lvl 60 Infyrnus Lvl 60
Leiptr Lvl 60 Venaticus Lvl 60
Slaughtor Lvl 60 Evisceran Lvl 60
Sleipe Lvl 60 Desolus Lvl 60

chaosmadness
01.21.2013 , 08:33 AM | #12
In my opinion, for lvling Mako its the best companion if u are playing as dps.

detowne
01.24.2013 , 02:23 PM | #13
I have a 50 merc dos and I used mako all the way. I would just aoe everything while she healed me. For bosses she is a must.

I am currently rolling a powertech and mako is even better for him. It is a little annoying running with mako again but eh, if it aint broke dont fix it right?
o||||||()||Ξ[\DEEJAY██████████████████}

OlosBC
01.24.2013 , 02:44 PM | #14
Leveled shield tech with mako all the way. For doing dailies as a tank I preferred tori an (in my DPS gear). Nowadays playing as pyro I like to use mako.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Eterud
01.25.2013 , 08:16 AM | #15
I am a merc:

From the moment I got gault I never used mako again.
TO solo champions I respec bodyguard and use gault to dpss while I off -dps/heal.

I use gault for everything except for at hoth, at hoth I mainly use Torian, as he can use my old gear and be really strong.

Send torian in to gather mobs, throw 1 heal on him, then aoe down 11 mobs at the same time=win

Teddygram
07.24.2013 , 12:35 PM | #16
I've been using this method and it's been working fairly well -

If it's a quick fight with a lot of mobs, I use Mako for her flash heals.

If it's a tough fight and I need some heavy firepower help, I use Gault.

I've been keeping both as geared up as possible and swapping out when necessary.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. ~ Qui-Gon Jin

MSchuyler
07.28.2013 , 05:43 PM | #17
Love Mako and keep her modded up as high as possible. reason is she's versatile. She's a pretty good killer and can easily take out a couple of mediums all on her own. Plus she stuns (and it's a long stun) keeping at least one Bad Guy out of the way for quite awhile. You just have to work with her and not nullify her stun. And, of course, she also heals. The times she's taken a hike I've gotten her back as soon as possible.

Then there's Skadge. Big dumb oaf always gets himself killed! But you have to use him on Belsavis for the Class Quest (details kept secret if yer not there yet.) Only way I could do it is strip Mako and Skadge down to their skivvies and give him Mako's armor. It fit. I guess "adaptive" has more than one meaning. After that encounter I gave Mako back her stuff and stuck Skadge in storage.

GefjonAsgard
11.13.2013 , 07:49 AM | #18
I find all of them except Mako are rubbish at fighting.

I would love to use Blizz as he is so funny, but even with some improved gear he dies almost every time. Gault, Torian and Skadge are as bad.

Mako is the best - and fun to be with. Shame she doesn't seem to like girls that much

Ashikuro
11.13.2013 , 01:34 PM | #19
On my Powertech I prefer Mako for all specs. On my Mercenary I prefer Gault.

As a dps merc, I can off-heal well enough to avoid downtime and kill quickly. Mako is nice for soloing group quests, but I think Gault is the way to go most of the time. For my Powertech that has no self heals, I like Mako to avoid downtime.

Evil_Me
11.20.2013 , 12:36 PM | #20
probably cause mako is a healing companion and better able to keep herself up. when i was lving i always preferred to use Gualt or Torian because i'm a healer and it was easy enough for me to keep my companion and myself up.