Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan vs Starkiller

epicfear
07.26.2012 , 04:16 PM | #1
First off, we have revan, who is held up by many fans as being the best of all characters in the expanded universe ever.

but on the other hand, we have starkiller, who can fling stormtroopers around like paper in the wind, lightning the everloving crap out of almost anything, and is extremely agile to boot.

it is in my opinion, then, that should they ever fight, the omniverse would implode out of sheer awesomeness.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

_biddan_
07.26.2012 , 04:19 PM | #2
if you put darth nox and anakin skywalker in there get ready for the end of the galaxy.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

epicfear
07.26.2012 , 04:42 PM | #3
well, yeah, but this is specifically about revan and starkiller. just them, and no one else.

because while i would pit proxy against hk-47, i know who everyone would agree on instantly.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

MajinEddie
07.26.2012 , 04:49 PM | #4
Both are sick but none can even come close to the power of Bugs Bunny.

Rayla_Felana
07.26.2012 , 05:40 PM | #5
Revan has a lot of experience, but that didn't help the likes of Shaak Ti and Darth Vader, I imagine just like everybody but Palpatine and maybe Yoda, Revan would be overwhelmed by Starkiller's raw power.

Newyankalt
07.26.2012 , 05:58 PM | #6
Proxy has the ability to shapeshifte and he turned into darth maul near the end of the force unleashed but HK would still win.

BrandonSM
07.26.2012 , 06:09 PM | #7
Starkiller is uncontrollable raging Force Bomb. Revan wouldn't stand a chance.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

ReiKai
07.26.2012 , 09:13 PM | #8
Ok, let's see this in terms of a few things.

Force Lightning
Starkiller: Charged engines of downed starcraft to mow through trash on Raxus Prime and killed some trash mobs (Stormtroopers).
Revan: Killed dozens of savage Rakata with a Force Storm

Offensively, I'd say Starkiller can put out more juice. May work against him if Revan absorbs it, amplifies it, and shoots it back at him.

Force Knowledge/Techniques
Starkiller: Minimal knowledge and overall techniques. Mainly TK and Lightning and relies on brute force.
Revan: Greater knowledge of Jedi and Sith techniques and can combine both aspects of Light and Dark to unleash explosive bursts of Pure Force Energy.

Overall, Starkiller may have a touch more raw power, but that minimal gap is quickly closed and exceeded by Revan's far greater understanding of the Force and ability to use more powers and techniques than Starkiller has ever seen, limiting his ability to defend himself against Revan's offensive.

Lightsaber Skill
Starkiller: Taught by Darth Vader, potentially one of the strongest users of Djem So in the Order's history, yet seems more adept in using Juyo due to his speed over Vader's lesser mobility.
Revan: Far as can be told, mastered all seven lightsaber forms and was considered the greatest warrior in the galaxy during that era.

Overall, Revan has both skill and experience. Beating Shaak-Ti doesn't amount to much. She was never said to be one of the most skilled Jedi, just smarter than a number of her peers.

Hatred
Starkiller: Hates Vader for betraying him and the Emperor for having used him. Hates them more for seemingly having killed Juno. Hates Vader for killing his father, but mostly hates him more for becoming like a father figure to him and then stabbing him in the back (Literally).
Revan: Hates the Sith. Moreover, he hates the Sith Emperor, Vitiate, more than anything else and 300yrs of having his mind ravaged and tortured has turned that hatred into a cold, unyielding desire to wipe out the Sith (species) from the face of the galaxy and destroy an Empire by any means necessary.

Gotta say, a guy who's been conscious for over three centuries and having to endure constant mental torture has more reason to hate than an angsty 20yr old with parenting issues. Not to put down Starkiller. I honestly enjoyed TFU games (and yes, I did read the novel).
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Aurbere
07.26.2012 , 09:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
Ok, let's see this in terms of a few things.

Force Lightning
Starkiller: Charged engines of downed starcraft to mow through trash on Raxus Prime and killed some trash mobs (Stormtroopers).
Revan: Killed dozens of savage Rakata with a Force Storm

Offensively, I'd say Starkiller can put out more juice. May work against him if Revan absorbs it, amplifies it, and shoots it back at him.

Starkiller's lightning also powered a Frigates main cannon with enough power to destroy a large Star Cruiser(in the game at least) and could also disintegrate most enemies(Again in the game)

Force Knowledge/Techniques
Starkiller: Minimal knowledge and overall techniques. Mainly TK and Lightning and relies on brute force.
Revan: Greater knowledge of Jedi and Sith techniques and can combine both aspects of Light and Dark to unleash explosive bursts of Pure Force Energy.

Overall, Starkiller may have a touch more raw power, but that minimal gap is quickly closed and exceeded by Revan's far greater understanding of the Force and ability to use more powers and techniques than Starkiller has ever seen, limiting his ability to defend himself against Revan's offensive.

Lightsaber Skill
Starkiller: Taught by Darth Vader, potentially one of the strongest users of Djem So in the Order's history, yet seems more adept in using Juyo due to his speed over Vader's lesser mobility.
Revan: Far as can be told, mastered all seven lightsaber forms and was considered the greatest warrior in the galaxy during that era.

Overall, Revan has both skill and experience. Beating Shaak-Ti doesn't amount to much. She was never said to be one of the most skilled Jedi, just smarter than a number of her peers.

Starkiller seemed skilled enough to hassle Vader for quite some time. Something Revan could not do.

Hatred
Starkiller: Hates Vader for betraying him and the Emperor for having used him. Hates them more for seemingly having killed Juno. Hates Vader for killing his father, but mostly hates him more for becoming like a father figure to him and then stabbing him in the back (Literally).
Revan: Hates the Sith. Moreover, he hates the Sith Emperor, Vitiate, more than anything else and 300yrs of having his mind ravaged and tortured has turned that hatred into a cold, unyielding desire to wipe out the Sith (species) from the face of the galaxy and destroy an Empire by any means necessary.

Gotta say, a guy who's been conscious for over three centuries and having to endure constant mental torture has more reason to hate than an angsty 20yr old with parenting issues. Not to put down Starkiller. I honestly enjoyed TFU games (and yes, I did read the novel).
Just made a few points to help Starkiller out. been awhile since I played the games or read the novels.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ReiKai
07.26.2012 , 10:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere
Starkiller's lightning also powered a Frigates main cannon with enough power to destroy a large Star Cruiser(in the game at least) and could also disintegrate most enemies(Again in the game)
In Game Revan was essentially an unstoppable Force God. That's what games do. Make you a pretty much unkillable, unstoppable uber-bad***. And Revan waded through oceans of super droids and Dark Jedi and put the smack down on Malak who was juiced up on the Star Forge running at 300% capacity and the Force Power of a dozen captured Jedi.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere
Starkiller seemed skilled enough to hassle Vader for quite some time. Something Revan could not do.
That's only cause Revan never met Vader. And we've done the Revan v. Vader debate. I can pretty much sum it all up as a joke. Allow me to proceed *ahem*

Quote:
Revan: *lops off Vader's left arm* Now stand aside, worthy adversary.

Vader: 'Tis but a scratch!

Revan: A scratch?! Your arms' off!

Vader: No it isn't.

Revan: Well what's that then?

Vader: ...I've had worse.

Revan: You Lie!

Vader: C'mon ya pansy!

*fight continues, Vader charges and Revan takes his right arm off*

Revan: Victory is mine! *turns away and prays* We thank the Dark Lord for thy-

Vader: *kicks'im in the head* C'mon then! *kicks* Have at you!

Revan: You are indeed brave, sir Vader, but the fight is mine.

Vader: Oh had enough, ay?

Revan: Look ya stupid bastard you've got no arms left!

Vader: Yes I have!

Revan: LOOK!!

Vader: ...It's just a flesh wound. *kicks at*

Revan: Stop that!

Vader: Chicken! Chickennn! *kicks*

Revan: I'll have your leg!

Vader: *kicks again*

Revan: Right! *chops off right leg*

Vader: Christ! I'll do you for that!

Revan: You'll what?!

Vader: C'mere!

Revan: What're ya gonna do?! Shoot sparks at me?

Vader: I'm INVINCIBLE!!!

Revan: You're a looney.

Vader: Darth Vader always triumphs! Have at you! C'mon then!

Revan: *huffs, cuts off remaining leg*

Vader: *looks to right side, then left, then looks up* Alright. We'll call it a draw.

Revan: *sigh* Come patsy.

Malak: Yes, mastah. *clip-clop clip-clop*

Revan&Malak walk away

Vader: Oh I see. Ya runnin away eh?! You yellow...bastards! Come back here and take what's comin to ya! I'll bite yer legs off!!
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?