Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smuggler Story. Snoozefest.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Smuggler Story. Snoozefest.

SabreNova
08.03.2012 , 09:50 PM | #11
Well I only got to the end of Act 1, and it was repetitive, but when you get to kill Skavak, it made it all worth it. Never got to Act 2, but I feel like the "Epicness" of the story was gone, since Act 1 made me feel like a Smuggler should-Going for the Riches and the Girls! Act 2 just seemed to be missions, which seem kinda boring. I'm contemplating replaying it, simply because I am currently in Republic mode...Os Act 2 and 3 any better? Because what I've heard here doesn't suggest it.
The Skysaber Legacy
Master Nihalus Master Akrizios
Agent BartonCaptain ThatchGladiator Novius

drylamp
12.12.2012 , 11:34 PM | #12
I love my smuggler I try impireal agent but I hated it I love the smuggler I think its really interesting

Keiori
12.15.2012 , 08:51 PM | #13
How have you not smuggled anything? Did you not have the head in the jar, or the monster thing in the cage?

Bad-Wolf
12.15.2012 , 08:58 PM | #14
smuggler story aint that bad, just doesnt compare to the IA.
besides you get the best companion in game to make up for it Guss Tuno ftw love my fishy friend.

jarshr
12.15.2012 , 11:08 PM | #15
Guss is what made the story for me, i was rly starting to lose interest in chapter 2 until i got to Hoth...the story is rly good there, and the way u get Guss is also very funny and well played, highly enjoyable.....belsavis and Voss tho.....worst part of the smuggler story line.

ZakMorgan
12.17.2012 , 09:29 AM | #16
I can see why people find it underwhelming compared to the epic 'Save the world' thing you have going on with the Jedi Knight or the 'become the most powerful being in the galaxy' thing the Sith classes have. But again it makes up for it with the witty dialogue and the humour, which no other class comes close to. My main was an Agent and the storyline for that was incredible - drama, betrayal, the underdog taking on the hierachy. But my smuggler was refreshing in comparison because of its laid-back and comical nature.

TL;DR - if you want an epic 'Star Wars' story you're better off playing a Jedi/Sith class. If you want a bit of humour and charm in your story then the Smuggler one is perfect.
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

Khevar
12.18.2012 , 05:10 PM | #17
I enjoyed the Smuggler playthrough, though it was mostly due to the dialog. I loved the snark!

It was also very cool when I did the IA and SW story and saw
Spoiler

Dallayna
12.20.2012 , 11:07 AM | #18
Though I'm not the original poster, I'd still like to say thanks to everyone because this thread's given me something to think about because, from what I've read here, I can't wait to hop onto my smuggy and finally try her out.

I mean, I rolled her a while back and got her to something like lvl 8 before losing interest and went onto completing many of the other plots. I'm thinking now it was probably because I just wasn't in the mood. But, lately, with my Consular nearing the end of Act III and new content a month away, I've been at a bit of a loss as to what to roll next.

Reading through this thread though? I'm beginning to suspect that the Smuggler story-line was specifically written for times like this: I mean, I have saved and/or conquered the galaxy more times in a row than I can count right now and frankly, while I do want to play more SWTOR (the game's still fun to play)- even the plots I love are starting to make me feel a little blah. So, I think that some random snark with absolutely no rhyme or reason to it could be just the ticket. You know, like that completely worthless comedy you watch between dramas in order to give yourself a bit of a break.

So, here's to hoping that the impression that I've gained is even half as accurate as I hope that it is and, thanks to everyone.

ZakMorgan
12.21.2012 , 01:35 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dallayna View Post

Reading through this thread though? I'm beginning to suspect that the Smuggler story-line was specifically written for times like this: I mean, I have saved and/or conquered the galaxy more times in a row than I can count right now and frankly, while I do want to play more SWTOR (the game's still fun to play)- even the plots I love are starting to make me feel a little blah. So, I think that some random snark with absolutely no rhyme or reason to it could be just the ticket. You know, like that completely worthless comedy you watch between dramas in order to give yourself a bit of a break.
Bingo.

Its a refreshing change from all the superlative Jedi/Sith cliches about saving the world or being the most feared being in the galaxy. One of the great things about it is that it actually makes fun of Jedi/Sith/Republic/Imps etc...the comic relief is actually brilliant but you're forced into serious situations.

Thats not to say its not an epic story. It does get pretty epic towards the end of Act 2 and in Act 3 - not 'save the galaxy' epic, but memorable nonetheless. (Certainly more so than the tedious Consular story)
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

Chiramu
12.30.2012 , 07:18 PM | #20
People keep going on about the Agent storyline but I hate the fact that you are forced to suck up to a bloody Sith Lord, I don't care if you're an Imperial and that's what you like to do but this fact of the Agent storyline made me not want to play it any further >.>.
I wanted to help Keeper, Keeper's cool. The sith lord is not.

Although at the end of the Smuggler storyline you're sort of not allowed to ask any questions. Someone "betrays" you and you're not allowed to go, "Whoah, slow down, what exactly is going on here? Are you sure? It's easy as pie to forge a holotransmitter, how do I know this isn't fixed?"

But no, you're forced to plow ahead blindly listening to what other people tell you.

IMO both storylines are disappointments :<.