Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can someone tell me how to defeat Sergeant Gunnery Shorzen in Trooper class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Can someone tell me how to defeat Sergeant Gunnery Shorzen in Trooper class

Spicymon
07.23.2012 , 03:21 AM | #1
Im stuck on the Battle of the Gauntlet mission cause of Shorzen, im only at level 37 commando, and im wondering is it possible to beat him at this level or can i go find someone in the game to help me beat him?

HellbirdIV
07.23.2012 , 03:36 AM | #2
I think I had some difficulty with him as a Vanguard w/ Elara healing him, but a few tries brought me through. A good way to deal with difficulty enemies I find is to have a healer companion and, as Commando/Mercenary, spam heal yourself while wearing him down with DoTs, nuking him during stuns and just making sure you stay maxed out on health while slowly whittling him down. And of course, bring Medpacks and Stims, just in case.

emacu
01.11.2013 , 05:03 AM | #3
Well I stopped playing in June cos I couldnt get passed this level even when leveled up above level 40. Came back and now 43 nearly 44.

It wont let you use Elara for heals will it the class uses Yuun then swaps to Tanno. You cant enter the area without Tanno. IMHO all the other characters are useless because they cant heal.

I even reallocated last skill point to a weapon skill (was mostly concentrating on combat medical).

I followed your advice and created / bought loads of med packs to constantly heal and even though he now much lower level still defeats all the time. Yes Ive tried up close combat and at a distance. Its his fire droids that do the damage despite my heals.

I have reported as a "bug" as I do not think it fair within the game and is effecting my enjoyment so I just sit on ship and engage PVP Warzones to get cash for the Uniform repairs at Med Centre.

Very very frustrating. I will now try getting rid of Tanno once in Railgun access corridor and will try and call Elara.

DerTaran
01.11.2013 , 05:13 AM | #4
I think, you can swap to Elara as long as you are using Tanno during the conversations.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 55 Commando; Annakami 55 Vanguard; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 55 Scoundrel; Orokriste 55 Shadow
Amitha 51 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

emacu
01.11.2013 , 11:11 AM | #5
Nope - So frustrating still. Can only call Tanno Vik. All others unavailable. Whats worse now is Shorzen is levelling. Hes gone from 39 to 40.... ! ***.
This is impossible. Always so close then he wipes out whole red bars of health with his fire when hes nearly gone !

Any other ideas?

Chim-Lou
01.12.2013 , 06:56 AM | #6
It's been about a year since I did this mission, but I'm sure I did it alone. Can't tell you anymore how exactly though.

If you keep having problems, ask someone in general chat to help you with the mission. As long as you activate "Allow access to same story areas" (not exactly what it's called, but more or less) in preferences, group members can enter your class story instances and help you there.
If you want a trooper to help you, use general chat on your ship

Ighten
01.13.2013 , 03:59 AM | #7
I used a Vanguard with Elera whining at me and healing.. Took a couple of attempts but Tbh I just mashed keys and scraped through..

DaShuk
01.13.2013 , 03:21 PM | #8
One of the most maddening things about this game is how wildly the story boss fights vary from class to class in terms of difficulty. It almost seems with some classes they want to force you to group in order to win while with other classes the boss fights are a complete joke that you can solo easily. There is no middle ground with bosses. Some you feel you beat way too easily for them to be a major character/enemy and others are just so unfairly overpowered it makes the game so annoying you don't want to play for awhile. *Shrug*

Alverd
01.13.2013 , 05:35 PM | #9
As I recall from doing it, most of his damage comes from aoe ground effects and meleeing, so as a Commando, I blew all my dps cooldowns while Vikk tanked him, and when Vikk went down I kited him around the area, using DoTs, instants, and the occasional channeled cast when I had time to plant my feet. I believe you fight him on a curved catwalk area, with plenty of room to run from one end to the other, then use stuns/knockbacks to get past him when you have to turn around.

Newyankalt
01.13.2013 , 11:34 PM | #10
Well I knocked him off a edge but now I'd use my arsenal of legacy abilities.