Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obi-wan vs Revan

xShadowxs
07.23.2012 , 06:26 AM | #21
so if revan knows every jedi trick and more knowledge of the dark side and light being used together in a peace how would obi wan ever defeat revan he couldnt even keep up with him if he wanted to

Rayla_Felana
07.23.2012 , 07:14 AM | #22
This thread shows just how ignorant some Star Wars 'fans' are of the lore, Revan doesn't even come close to Obi-Wan Kenobi, he'd be out-duelled, very quickly, if we were talking Exar Kun, then that would be even, but we are not, we are actually talking about one of the most over-rated characters in the EU.

BrandonSM
07.23.2012 , 09:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DanteKardo View Post

Obi Wans peak level can be considered to be when he fought Anakin, where, mind you, he was on the defensive for the 'vast' majority of the entire fight, and had near-death situations up to the end. If not for a saving grace, last moment idioticy stunt by anakin where that one decided to just 'screw it all', underestimate Obi Wan, overestimate himself, and make a stupid move, Obi Wan wouldn't have survived (and if you take a look at the fight, that ones actually obvious).
You do know Anakin was one of the strongest Jedi at that time of Ep. 3 right? He killed Dooku and walked into the Jedi Temple and obilerated 12 Jedi Masters and numerous unamed Jedi Knights. And his Force Abilty were insane for such a young age, he was the Chosen One.

During the Prequel Trilogy, the JO was its strongest. Thats G-Canon.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
07.23.2012 , 10:29 AM | #24
Let me explain this to you Revan fanboys. Revan could never hold his own against any PT era Jedi. Revan would be out-dueled by any of the great masters of that order. Jedi like Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan and Plo Koon could duel circles around him. The Jedi Order was at its peak during the PT. They had thousands of years of expanding their knowledge of the Force as well as creating new and improved Lightsaber combat styles. Revan is an over-rated character who could never hold a candle to any of the Jedi of the PT. Yoda would sweep him aside like he was nothing. Mace Windu wouldn't even need to try to fight him. Obi-Wan could duel Revan for days just toying with him. Even some of the relatively unknown Masters like Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, Cin Drallig and and the like could easily defat Revan. The PT era Order is the greatest Order as stated by GL. You could say that the NJO is better, but their only saving grace is Luke Skywalker. The rest would defeated by Mace and the rest of the great Masters.
Even the JK from TOR would beat Revan. How do I know? The JK beat the Emperor(or whatever you fight at the end) when Revan couldn't. There is nothing to prove that Revan could beat Obi-Wan.

Now that that is settled. Let's look at the fight itself. Obi-Wan could beat Revan because of the simple fact that Obi-Wan is the Master of Soresu. Soresu is all about defensive fighting and taking advantage of weaknesses with deadly efficiency. Look at the fight with Grievous. Not many Jedi could find the whole in Grievous' offensive, but Obi-Wan did and managed to take off two of Grievous' hands. Obi-Wan would do the same to Revan, only in a much shorter time.

Bottom line: Obi-Wan wins without breaking a sweat.

Chew on that fanboys
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Deviss
07.23.2012 , 10:31 AM | #25
I cease to comprehend why people are always so hung up when it comes to someone else's opinion on the matter that is so vastly open for interpretation. You can never know who would win/who is stronger - from a dramatic standpoint it is impossible to determine this. Every character got his own perks, whether they are strengths or weaknesses. One small thing could occurs that utterly changes the circumstance and the latter victor becomes the one who loses. I mean seriously, I find some of you to be really pathetic with their "You know **** about canon lore and this can't be true" attitude. People can think whatever they want and if their opinion is that Revan is more powerful than some other jedi then so be it. Get over it, geez.

Now as for what I think - don't get me wrong, Obi-Wan is an exceptional jedi and all. His mastery of the soresu form is impressive, I admit. He is out of Revan's league though.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Aurbere
07.23.2012 , 10:33 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
Now as for what I think - don't get me wrong, Obi-Wan is an exceptional jedi and all. His mastery of the soresu form is impressive, I admit. He is out of Revan's league though.
Do you mean that Revan would win?
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Deviss
07.23.2012 , 10:41 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Do you have any proof to back up this point? Because Obi-Wan would destroy Revan.
Do you have any proof to back up this point? Because Revan would destroy Obi-Wan. See what I did there? I mean, your view is so narrow and limited and it just showes and proves how ignorant you are.
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Aurbere
07.23.2012 , 10:51 AM | #28
Do you have any proof to back up this point? Because Revan would destroy Obi-Wan. See what I did there? I mean, your view is so narrow and limited and it just showes and proves how ignorant you are.
I re-read your post and editied mine. I just wanted some clarification. You worded the end of your post weird(at least to me). No need to insult me.

Deviss
07.23.2012 , 10:55 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I re-read your post and editied mine. I just wanted some clarification. You worded the end of your post weird(at least to me). No need to insult me.
Noone is insulting you (unless you consider my last sentence as an insult? ). We are all adults here that are simply having a civilized discussion, right? Some snarky comments now and then can happen when two individuals are taking a part in debate and are having difference of opinion.

Aurbere
07.23.2012 , 10:58 AM | #30
Noone is insulting you (unless you consider my last sentence as an insult? ). We are all adults here and are having a civilized discussion here, right? Some snarky comments now and then can happen when two individuals are taking a part in debate and are having difference of opinion.
Well it' hard to get a point across in text, so the way you are saying something and the way someone hears it can be completely different.

You still haven't clarified your opinion on the subject though.