Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.23.2012 , 09:16 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Well perhaps the tone went that way because you, the author of the thread, started off by bashing Revan and pre-insulting anyone who might disagree with you. You and Aurbere just invite this stuff with your arrogant and dismissive tone towards anyone who disagrees with you. Then you play the victim when people respond in-kind. Hell, I generally agree with you guys, and I find your comments and attitude smug.
You're reading into something that isn't there, until of course such a tone is used in turn, I did NOT start bashing Revan, people came in with the 'Revan mastered this that and the other' when the canon suggests no such thing.

Seriously, you need to move on, whatever vendetta you have, get over it.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
11.23.2012 , 09:26 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
You're reading into something that isn't there, until of course such a tone is used in turn, I did NOT start bashing Revan, people came in with the 'Revan mastered this that and the other' when the canon suggests no such thing.

Seriously, you need to move on, whatever vendetta you have, get over it.
Before anyone else so much as mentioned Revan, Aurbere said this:
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
No movie characters huh? OK then. I don't really know where to place certain individuals. but I'm sure someone is going to have Revan at the top of their list
And then you jumped in with this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Revan when he was a Jedi Knight was nowhere near the Top 10, Darth Revan wasn't close either, and Reborn Revan isn't even a Jedi or a Sith any ways, so I really don't get why.
And then as people took exception to your millionth jab at Revan, you pulled your normal I know everything, my opinion is canon routine. And you wonder why people get annoyed. Yeah, it's a real mystery.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.23.2012 , 09:34 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
And then as people took exception to your millionth jab at Revan, you pulled your normal I know everything, my opinion is canon routine. And you wonder why people get annoyed. Yeah, it's a real mystery.
I can easily pick out ten characters that take Revan any day of the week in the powers and abilities category, it's as easy as that, honestly.

Oh and I pull an I know everything routine? really? so instead of going 'I think' in a CANON debate I stated that by the rules of this thread, canonically Revan doesn't get into the top ten at all, I'm being a know-it-all and claiming my OPINION in a thread about CANON FACTS, is being represented as canon? there is no opinion, you can have an opinion so far as to where there isn't concrete canon evidence to suggest 'A, B or C', beyond that it is a fruitless and nonsensical move to try and argue an opinion in a canonical debate.

Take that in whatever way pleases or displeases you, frankly I'm at the point of not caring any longer. Anyway I believe I am contradicting my earlier statement, so I will leave this post as is.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 09:34 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Before anyone else so much as mentioned Revan, Aurbere said this:


And then you jumped in with this...


And then as people took exception to your millionth jab at Revan, you pulled your normal I know everything, my opinion is canon routine. And you wonder why people get annoyed. Yeah, it's a real mystery.
It was a joke, but, at the time, I wouldn't have been surprised to see it.

I use emoticons(or whatever you call the smilies) to make jokes.
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 09:41 PM | #215
Could I just say something about this whole "where should Revan be canonically" thing. Many complain how Revan doesn't get into the Top 10. In a comparitive sense, there are quite a few people who are more powerful than Revan. So Revan really wouldn't make it into the Top 10. But here's a question: WHO CARES? Ideally, Revan would make it into the Top 20. THAT is good, no, that is great. Out of the thousands of Force users across time, for Revan to place into the Top 20 is excellent. So he doesn't make it into the Top 10, it doesn't matter. He's still powerful in his own right, and makes a play for the Top 20.
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.23.2012 , 09:43 PM | #216
1 Jaina Solo
2 Darth Caedus
3 Exar Kun
4 Darth Nihilus
5 Emperor Vitiate
6 Ulic Qel-Droma (Seemingly lost amongst the God Jedi/Sith and Fanboyisms)
7 Darth Bane
8 Meetra Surik
9 Darth Krayt (One of my favorites)
10 Darth Nihl (Not that I think hes worthy of being here really but I like him and hes lost in a mess of Gods)

I left off a few names probably more worthy but I did it for sake of Flames and Cycled never ending Debat of Opinions .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Rauzgriz's Avatar


Rauzgriz
11.23.2012 , 10:11 PM | #217
For me the Emperor and Nihilus are tied at the top. Darth Bane at 2nd, and Caedus at 3rd. Sorry but Revan doesnt even make my top 10, sure you played as him in a game but honestly. And for the arguements in general that are saying "this guy cant be best cause this guy killed him" Just because your more powerful then somebody else doesnt mean they cant beat you. The main situation I'm thinking of here being Nihilus and the Exile. You honestly cant argue without looking rather stupid that the Exile was more powerful then Nihilus just because she beat him.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
11.24.2012 , 01:07 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Could I just say something about this whole "where should Revan be canonically" thing. Many complain how Revan doesn't get into the Top 10. In a comparitive sense, there are quite a few people who are more powerful than Revan. So Revan really wouldn't make it into the Top 10. But here's a question: WHO CARES? Ideally, Revan would make it into the Top 20. THAT is good, no, that is great. Out of the thousands of Force users across time, for Revan to place into the Top 20 is excellent. So he doesn't make it into the Top 10, it doesn't matter. He's still powerful in his own right, and makes a play for the Top 20.
I agree with that. Which is why these debates that turn into personal bashing are all the more stupid. Rayla doesn't get that tone matters. When you state your opinion so forcefully that you insult the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with you, you are going to upset people. And when you overstate your case, you also invite criticism. Aurbere, I will give you credit that you don't take it as far as Rayla does. There is a difference between canon fact and an opinion you develop based upon canon fact. I don't get why that is hard to understand.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.24.2012 , 05:54 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Rayla doesn't get that tone matters.
There is no tone until someone starts using exactly that to me, if MasterMe can understand that why can't you?

Honestly this is turning into blatant harassment, I have attempted to end this 'conversation' four times now, each time you have simply returned and gone on and on about 'tone', if you don't like me, don't read my posts, capiche?

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
11.24.2012 , 06:30 AM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
There is no tone until someone starts using exactly that to me, if MasterMe can understand that why can't you?

Honestly this is turning into blatant harassment, I have attempted to end this 'conversation' four times now, each time you have simply returned and gone on and on about 'tone', if you don't like me, don't read my posts, capiche?
I wasn't aware you had to have the last word. My bad.